Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   Problem with WI Siggy: Can someone please explain... (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/problem-webkinz-insider-siggy-can-someone-646883/)

jenga_jane08-12-2010 09:30 AM

Problem with WI Siggy: Can someone please explain...

how this is more than 3 lines?

http://i34.tinypic.com/1zh1gu9.jpg

Am I the only one who is limited in what I can post in my siggy? Because I have seen other siggys that have lots more writing than this, so why can't I get by with this much?

MeWuvKitties08-12-2010 09:41 AM

Re: Problem with WI Siggy: Can someone please explain...

It must just be because of your hyperlinks, when you put those together with the pictures, it makes more than 3 lines.
It says "Long text may have been implicity wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple counts."
The signature thing gets kinda finicky sometimes. :P

LittleBird08-12-2010 10:01 AM

MeWuvKitties said it all! ^^^^^^^^

Emma843208-12-2010 10:05 AM

Maybe, you can center it, or make the text a little smaller? :)

jenga_jane08-12-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma8432 (Post 20479365)
Maybe, you can center it, or make the text a little smaller? :)

Tried both, still not working. I also removed the hyperlinks, so it would just be the text with no linking to anything, and it's still telling me I have too many lines...

Should this be in glitch reports? Not that I've never had this problem before, but I just got sick of trying to find a way around it...

Even if the text has been implicitly wrapped, I should still have another line at least to work with...

Snick&Tink199808-12-2010 10:11 AM

How big is the picture?
The siggie boxes are kind like lined-notebook paper,
It can only take up three lines, so if you find the thrid line on a note-book paper, thats how many you could have, ao you siggie might be 2 lines in length..:D

jenga_jane08-12-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snick&Tink1998 (Post 20479426)
How big is the picture?
The siggie boxes are kind like lined-notebook paper,
It can only take up three lines, so if you find the thrid line on a note-book paper, thats how many you could have, ao you siggie might be 2 lines in length..:D

Hmm, that could be it. I'll try resizing the picture...

Addendum: I just resized and re-uploaded the pic so it's the same size as my current avvie, and I'm getting the same message. I have a tiny font, a tiny picture, only two lines, no hyperlinks, and it's still too long...

hereigns5608-12-2010 10:24 AM

One thing that usually helps is to make the picture hyperlink text smaller (change it from a 2 to a 1). Another thing I do is try to reduce the bbcode text. You can see it by clicking on the A/A button in the top right corner. Usually it helps to take out specific colors or larger sizes. Sometimes, you don't even have to do that. Sometimes there are extra spaces on the third line, and all you have to do is backspace them.

Jackal08-12-2010 10:30 AM

I'm not sure whether the system checks for three lines visually or three lines of code (including line breaks). I suspect it's going by three lines of code, which, as MeWuvKitties said, means that all the hyperlinks are pushing it past three lines.

So what might work is shrinking the URLs in your hyperlinks. For instance, instead of your GE link being (for example, and pretending all the curly brackets are actually square)

Code:

{url=http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f999/this-is-my-fantastic-ge/}Visit My GE{/url}
You can remove the WI server call part (since it's a link on WI linking to somewhere else on WI), and instead type this:

Code:

{url=/forum/f999/this-is-my-fantastic-ge}Visit My GE{/url}
And - tadah! - you've decreased the amount of text you're using in your siggie. If your "Valiant's Story" link is also on WI you can do the same thing with that, and then maybe you can create a short URL (at someplace like shorturl.com) for your Livejournal link and use that in your siggie instead. Doing all that might shorten up all the code enough to make it fit in three lines?

HTH!

jenga_jane08-12-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hereigns56 (Post 20479567)
One thing that usually helps is to make the picture hyperlink text smaller (change it from a 2 to a 1). Another thing I do is try to reduce the bbcode text. You can see it by clicking on the A/A button in the top right corner. Usually it helps to take out specific colors or larger sizes. Sometimes, you don't even have to do that. Sometimes there are extra spaces on the third line, and all you have to do is backspace them.

I didn't know about the A/A thingy, but that worked. I got my siggy how I wanted it! :) The problem was there was a ton of unneeded [ CENTER]
[ RIGHT]
[ CENTER]
[ RIGHT]
[/ RIGHT]
[/ CENTER]
[/ RIGHT]
[/ CENTER]
along the side. I got rid of that and presto, three lines! Thanks so much for your help! I was even able to use the original pic I made for the siggy, not the shrinky-dink one. ;)

Thanks so much for your help! :)

- Jane

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackal (Post 20479627)
I'm not sure whether the system checks for three lines visually or three lines of code (including line breaks). I suspect it's going by three lines of code, which, as MeWuvKitties said, means that all the hyperlinks are pushing it past three lines.

So what might work is shrinking the URLs in your hyperlinks. For instance, instead of your GE link being (for example, and pretending all the curly brackets are actually square)

Code:

{url=http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f999/this-is-my-fantastic-ge/}Visit My GE{/url}
You can remove the WI server call part (since it's a link on WI linking to somewhere else on WI), and instead type this:

Code:

{url=/forum/f999/this-is-my-fantastic-ge}Visit My GE{/url}
And - tadah! - you've decreased the amount of text you're using in your siggie. If your "Valiant's Story" link is also on WI you can do the same thing with that, and then maybe you can create a short URL (at someplace like shorturl.com) for your Livejournal link and use that in your siggie instead. Doing all that might shorten up all the code enough to make it fit in three lines?

HTH!

I'll try that to see if I can get colour back. I figured it goes by 6 lines of code = 3 lines of actual text (at least, that's what it looked like).

Okay, thanks to both of you, I got it to work! :) A million times thank you for all your help! :)

- Jane