Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Wildwood
Webkinz :)

Wildwood is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Problem with naming my room

Hello,
I am the mother of a 4 yr old and we recently purchased the Lil'kins dalmatian. We named him Oreo since she loves the cookies and he's black and white. Well we bought his room (he's her 11th pet) and when we tried to rename the room "Oreo's room", it told us "oops, that name is not allowed." So I tried "Dalmatian's room" and that too was not allowed. What's up? Right now the room name is simply Dogs Room. It's awful and does not match the rest of the map. Can someone please tell me why Webkinz is giving me this message? Would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

Warmly
Rainbowgirlelina's Mom
Wildwood is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #2

BarnCatt is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Problem with naming my room

I am also having problems with naming my 11th and 12th pet's rooms. I know that when they give you a room pets 1 - 10. The name it 'your pet's name' here room. I'm not getting any error messages, nothing happens. I would like to know what's wrong.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:27 PM   #3

xalissa is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not even letting me rename it! It never saves anymore! =[ So my new-kinz rooms are like 1409505 named!
xalissa is offline Female
Old 07-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!
Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!

Ganz updated their filters a couple months ago and it seems if the name isn't in their strange dictionary you can't use it. I tired to give my pet a bigger room. I changed the old room name to something different but even though the old room used my pet's name I couldn't name a new one with the name. Many people are reporting that common, everyday words can't be used to name rooms. Unfortunately all you can do is keep trying. I've also found that sometimes when I try to name a room it says no but when I log in later the name has been changed.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
I Love Fall

d8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud of

I pick the theme of the room. Example- I would say for my Elephants Egyptian room, Far far Away, and itnamed it that. I hope this helps you. It seems to always work withan object as the name . I have a duck named Daisy, it named it Daisy. Please feel free to PM me. Maybe we can come up with something
d8471 is offline Female
Old 07-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #6
Glamorgirl14

Glamorgirl14 is an unknown quantity at this point

When you are naming a room , it usually does not let you but a 's in it, so that it probably why you are having problems. Juts put Oreos room or Dalmatians Room.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
I Love Fall

d8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud of

oops, your brand new, You have to have at least 10 posts to PM anyone. I'm sorry ,kinda new myself. Welcome to WI!
d8471 is offline Female
Old 07-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
Wildwood

Wildwood is an unknown quantity at this point

I tried leaving out the apostrophe and that didn't work either. I wonder if it's a "name brand" thing. Right now I just have it as "spotted dogs room" Seems to work.

---------- Wildwood added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

Yup, I had that same problem when I tried to rename Dartanian's room (pinto pony). I think Ganz needs to go back to the drawing board with their entire set up. Lots of problems besides the room naming issue.

Last edited by Wildwood; 07-03-2008 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Wildwood is offline Female
Old 07-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
Dixiestorm

Webkinzgirl55 will become famous soon enough

Yeah. I have the same problem. It just happens.
Webkinzgirl55 is offline Female
Old 07-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #10

drichar674 is on a distinguished road

This has been going on for eeeons! I've spoken to the customer service people as well as the technical rep and they both told me that they are aware of the problem and it willl be fixed asap but in the interim others have been using numbers in place of names or just putting the species. That was a while back and yet it still exists today except for when I've adopted my 20th, 25th and 30th pets. I can actually put their names on the map. Go figure.

Hope this helps.
drichar674 is offline Female
Closed