Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
ishing for
Webkinz :)

Sailor is a splendid one to beholdSailor is a splendid one to beholdSailor is a splendid one to beholdSailor is a splendid one to behold

Default Unanswered: Is this possible to do?

Sorry if I'm not posting this in the right folder, but I didn't see any that was more appropriate for my question.
I have a specific way I wanted the map (blueprint) of my Webkinz home to be with certain rooms besides one another for example, I want all my yards together on the right side of the map, but everytime I adopt a new Webkinz, it automatically places my new pets room anywhere on the map, which has been fine but this time, it placed 2 new pet rooms on the opposite sides of the yards so now all the green yards are in the center of my home with blue rooms around it. My master plan is ruined. LOL!
My question: If I don't like where my new pets room has been automatically placed, can I change it's location elsewhere? I only see the option to buy a room, rename a room, and jump to a different room. That brings me to another question, everytime I try to rename a room so it says something like "living room" instead of series of numbers, it won't let me. It keeps saying the word I am typing is not allowed. It doesn't accept anything like "kitchen", "bathroom", "garage" and so on. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? What do I do?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
Gifted

angang68 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Is this possible to do?

There is no option to change the location of a room that I have ever seen. You are kind of stuck with where ever they place it.

When I was trying to name my kitchen it would not accept it at first. I exited out of my map then went back in and waited for the map to stop moving completely then it allowed me to enter kitchen.

Good luck and I hope I answered some of your questions.
angang68 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 01:09 AM   #3
Gasp! I'm GREEN!
Gift Guru

lotusfairy is just really nicelotusfairy is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Sailor
Sorry if I'm not posting this in the right folder, but I didn't see any that was more appropriate for my question.
I have a specific way I wanted the map (blueprint) of my Webkinz home to be with certain rooms besides one another for example, I want all my yards together on the right side of the map, but everytime I adopt a new Webkinz, it automatically places my new pets room anywhere on the map, which has been fine but this time, it placed 2 new pet rooms on the opposite sides of the yards so now all the green yards are in the center of my home with blue rooms around it. My master plan is ruined. LOL!
My question: If I don't like where my new pets room has been automatically placed, can I change it's location elsewhere? I only see the option to buy a room, rename a room, and jump to a different room. That brings me to another question, everytime I try to rename a room so it says something like "living room" instead of series of numbers, it won't let me. It keeps saying the word I am typing is not allowed. It doesn't accept anything like "kitchen", "bathroom", "garage" and so on. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? What do I do?
I'm sorry, it is not possible to move the rooms. I have the same problem. So now I've decided to just surround the yards with rooms so have a "courtyard" in the center. I have seen real houses like this and they are beautiful. After your eleventh adoption you will no longer get an automatic room with each adoption. You will get extra kinzcash instead. As far as renaming rooms is concerned, you have to keep trying different words. Try "bath room", "bed room", "dining room", etc. Have you been able to rename any rooms at all? When I first started I wasn't able to. I know there are others that had this problem even after mine was solved. I think it has something to do with which server you are on but I am not sure of it. You might want to contact Ganz about it. Try searching WI for renaming rooms. I know there are other posts about this. Good luck!
lotusfairy is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 01:10 AM   #4
everybody knows i'm
Gifted

shaxpeare is on a distinguished road

i agree that you're stuck with the position of the rooms--sorry!
as for room naming, you've gotta get creative and keep coming up with variations of the name you're trying. for example, i made a spa, which apparently is a word that's not allowed, so instead of naming it "luxury spa," i named it "luxury bath." there are some threads out there that can help you with room naming--hope this helps!
Old 05-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
Webkinz :)

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I read one thread in which someone had asked Ganz about moving rooms, as well as moving or eliminating doors, and it sounded like they may be planning something like that for the future, but as of now you're stuck with where they are.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 05-29-2008, 02:06 AM   #6
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

The random locations (and size) of adoption rooms was a pet peeve of mine. Thank goodness I have gotten past that nuisance with my tenth pet, which is the last to receive a room.

Twice, I hated the new doorways, that the adoption rooms had created in my previous rooms, so much that I completely moved everything in it (except flooring and wallpaper) to a better location. Major pain in the (bleep).

Yeah, the design department head man did say that new and greater controls over your rooms are coming features in Webkinz World.

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 05-29-2008, 06:21 AM   #7
xox elf

Sorry, there aren't any options of doing this!
All you can do is buy the yards and rooms, and try to put them next to eachother if there is available room!
Maybe Ganz will come out with this in the future!
Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #8
LovePuppy101

Well, sadly, once you make a room, you can't change where it is, when you have under 10 pets, and you get your free room, you don't get to pick where it gets put, but you still get your free room, and it is a good size room, so it is okay, but maybe eventually, they will make a new option so that you can move them. =]
Closed