Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #21
e in DwarfWithdrawal
Webkinz :)

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

Default Re: Pop-UPs

There were a handful of posts about this happening to people yesterday.
They were in different parts of the forum & quickly closed.
Sounds like a minor copycat of what happened last month.

Disconnect/close window immediately & run your virus software.
Reboot & double check (never hurts).
Never press anything on the pop-up, not matter how much like an official
notice it looks.
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #22
Bunniez luv karrits

karrit defies all odds
karrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all odds

It just happened to me again too. My computer just finished ran a full virus scan earlier this evening so it looks like Justin may need to contact the Ad providers again.
karrit is offline Female
Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #23
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by karrit
It just happened to me again too. My computer just finished ran a full virus scan earlier this evening so it looks like Justin may need to contact the Ad providers again.
What advertisement is on the screen at the time you have the problem show up?
FIA is offline Female
Old 02-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #24
ow !!! I can fly

happy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to allhappy1979 is a name known to all

I just used IE and I couldn't get into the park and an pop up come up about abdoe player
happy1979 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #25
Bunniez luv karrits

karrit defies all odds
karrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all oddskarrit defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
What advertisement is on the screen at the time you have the problem show up?
Sorry FIA, I have no idea what ad caused it. I was in Kinzville Park with the WI window in the background when all of a sudden WI popped into the foreground with the Virus SCAM pop-up. I just quickly shut everything down to get rid of it. It happened within the last half hour though.
karrit is offline Female
Old 02-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #26
GemaL oves Wacky!

GemaL is a name known to allGemaL is a name known to allGemaL is a name known to all

Donation Award 

I received a pop-up notice yesterday stating that a virus was attempting to attack. Something didn't seem right about it, so I x'd it out. Immediately after that, I had a screen notice from my Windows Live Care stating the previous notice was a phishing scam and it had been overridden by my security.
GemaL is offline Female
Old 02-20-2010, 12:11 AM   #27
Banned
Mom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonderMom2Alex wows us all with wonder

Ok this happened to me a while back on WI and I believe it was an infected ad. I happened for a couple days and then it stopped. The best advice I can give anyone here is do not ever click on one of those pop ups that say you have a virus! That pop up is the virus itself. Once you click on it it installs itself. Unless you have a anti-virus program to stop it. You should never click on a pop up. They make them look so real that alot of times you think you are clicking on the x to close it when you actually just installed it. I use Trend Micro Pro and recommend it to everyone. It is not free, but you get what you pay for.

I also recommend you download Google chrome and use it as your browser and install the adblock extension. Internet explorer is the worst browser you can use and I never touch it. A lot of these pop up ad virus you get will actually make your antivirus quit working and stop other programs from cleaning them, unless you know how to stop the virus first.
Mom2Alex is offline Female
Old 02-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #28
I'm Ashlyn (:

starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine
starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine

OK if you have the free antivirus cahnge it now to Norton!!!
starbucksfun is offline Female
Old 02-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #29
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Viruses from WI?

I'm sure some of you remember a while back there were some ads rerouting people and putting ad-ware/viruses on your computers. I was one of the lucky ones this didn't happen to. About five days ago I had my windows program pop up and show me I had 4 viruses (Trojan horses and others). I don't really go to sites other then here, ww, ebay, google, etc. So I just bought Norton for a year the viruses are gone and everything is fine. I didn't think WI could have anything to do with it until 5 minutes ago. Note:WI still may not be the reason so no one panic. 5 minutes ago WI was the only page I had up. When the ads change my PC makes a little click noise ( I guess because it's loading the new info) so thats what makes me first notice a new one is up. Well I heard the noise and the ad started to refresh and Norton cut off my internet connection with WI. I got a pop up from Norton saying a something was trying to attack my computer and Norton stopped it. Everything is fine but I just wanted to mention this in case some infected ads could be back. I'm sorry I couldn't see what ad was changing because Norton cut the internet connection from the page. So I had to close it and open WI again. Just thought I'd put this information out there and see if anyone else is experiencing this.
ilovecats711 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #30
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I just had it happen to me about 15 minutes ago. There was no way to check what ads were up on the screen, because I was booted off IE. A message came on the screen saying there were 3 critical threats, and they were blocked. They were trojan viruses. I'm running a full scan now.
Desty is offline Female
Closed