Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
Dannon01
Gift Trainee
Anunimouslee is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Please Wait too many times

My problem has finally been solved. Woohoo! i called Ganz and spoke to very nice lady who asked me what Virus ware I ran, which is AVG (thre free one of course). She said to contact them. Well, when one runs free antivrs there is no tech support, and I also remembered about three weeks ago we downloaded AVGs newest version. Well, I uninstalled it, and presto, Webkinz is back to normal. So I downloaded PC tools antivirus and t works! Im back in business. Too late for halloween but in time for Christmas, etc. LOL! Good luck everyone. Hope this helps with others who have had same problem!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #12
Call me Sydney!
Webkinz :)

cutegirl#1 is a splendid one to beholdcutegirl#1 is a splendid one to beholdcutegirl#1 is a splendid one to beholdcutegirl#1 is a splendid one to behold

I am so sorry but don't have any advice but if you have a lot of items in your dock like me (800 some items) then you should try to get rd of the stuffht you don't really want or need. I hope I helped!
cutegirl#1 is offline Female
Old 11-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #13
Dannon01
Gift Trainee
Anunimouslee is an unknown quantity at this point

I just spoke with Ganz again to same lady and it is AVGs new 9.0 free antivirus. I confirmed it with her. I asked her which virus programs, and thats what she said and thats what I had! No more AVG if I Want to do Webkinz
Old 11-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
GrannyJeff
Gifted

GrannyJeff has a spectacular aura about

I am not saying that AVG isn't the problem, I am just amazed that so many people have the problem and we are taking for granted all of us use AVG Fee. I love AVG and have used it for years. So I guess I will break down and buy it! Let me see if the install for 8.5 is still on my computer first and do a very unscientific test.
GrannyJeff is offline Female
Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #15

brina1967 has a spectacular aura about

Dont feel bad this has been happening to us for two days now. We have 6 accounts and we cant even log in half the time to play with them or do our gardens. We have no clue what server we are on but I dont think that matters. I am getting so sick of this really. We spend alot of money on this and it seems to stink more and more everytime they add something. If I call Ganz tomarrow and they tell me its my router I may get arrested for telling them of some daily activities I would like for them to do. This isnt the first time that we have gotten the shaft by their website. I do love Webkinz, my house is full of them but I cant see spending anymore money on them untill they get their stuff together.

I dont have anti-virus on my webkinz computer because thats all I do on it so it cant be that! always the excuses!!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!! I WANNA PLAY!!!!!!!!

Last edited by brina1967; 11-11-2009 at 07:58 PM..
brina1967 is offline Female
Old 11-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #16
GrannyJeff
Gifted

GrannyJeff has a spectacular aura about

Re: The PLEASE WAIT issue
Click the image to open in full size. Originally Posted by rockermom
as smile said.

it is usually contributed to a higher than normal amount of traffic on WW. I find it is busiest after school hours and on weekends...

and that is when I get the dreaded "please wait!"

rockermom

I am a night shift worker and even while taking PTO, I am up until 2 and 3 AM so that is another no go! LOL

folks hubby just got home. will do my experiment in a bit. supper now.

Click the image to open in full size. Originally Posted by dizzydessi
I had issues last week and I had to disable the active surf link scanner in avg

Whoo hoo Dissydessi I think you found the answer.

I just came of fof my desktop and had no problems whatsoever. My desktop is the 8.5 Free AVG. I came back here to my laptop and disabled the surf link on the 9.0. I went into Webkinz and the time in there I had no problems. I am now a paying customer of AVG and will be contacting them of this problem.

So Now my question here is:
Is everyone here using AVG 9?

As I play tonight, if I have the same issues occur again I will let you know.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #17
KnittinKitten
Gifted

Princess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to beholdPrincess18 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I am also on AVG 9.0, and didn't have any problems until I upgraded from 8.5 version. I am hesitant to disable the active link scanner. Does anyone know how risky that is?
Princess18 is offline Female
Old 11-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #18

taikitty is on a distinguished road

You are not alone. Please wait... has been a problem here also.

Here's my "work around" that at least lets me tend to my gardens: as soon as you sign on(if you can sign on), go directly to the tournament area and play two short games but not solitaire.

Then go directly to Newspaper. Then try your room and garden. Going from the games area to my room will lock up the computer.

Most of the time this works. Sometimes it just glitches anyway.

It would be wonderfull if just switching from AVG would fix this. It bears further research BUT don't you think that if WK has identifed this as the cause, that they would be talking with AVG to produce a fix????????????

I can't buy the router as a cause as only one computer is experiencing the "please wait" problem. Unfortunately that is also the computer with AVG. (sigh)
taikitty is offline Female
Old 11-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #19

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I was having the same problem after downloading AGV 9.0. I read here on WI, as well as on another forum that many people were having issues with AGV 9.0, and not just on WW. I uninstalled AGV, and all my problems disappeared. Then I read that if you just disable the LinkScanner, it would work, so I reinstalled AGV, and did that, and everything works fine. If aren't comfortable leaving it off, simply reactivate it after finishing with WW. If you're not sure how to do this, once you've opened the program, click on LinkScanner, then check all three of the little boxes on the bottom. To reactivate, simply to back, and uncheck the boxes.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 AM   #20
i wish i was a

BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!BASMAT is not just visiting!

ritzcracker has a good idea about unchecking the boxes.............. and you can uncheck them and then recheck them again after you play on ww so you are protected........... personally what i have tried (and it works great for me) is i only uncheck the middle box since that is the one in avg that deals with protecting you in real time (the other box is for when you are searching in google or something and it requires you to restart your browser after you uncheck it) and you dont need to restart your browser so its realy easy to do and it will let ww load the ads, that is the issue here with avg. id never ever disable totally any antivirus program especailly in a game.............. ever. this option leaves you protected yet lets you play in ww and it easily is undone after you pllay, you can do this as many times as you want in a day and you dont have to close your browser after and restart....................... hope this help you.

but then again, ww is notorious for please waits................... and ganz wont own up to it or fix it, theyd rather have us possibly ruin our computers as their solution
BASMAT is offline Female
Closed