Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Vesser is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: The "PLEASE WAIT" server issue... identifying the EXACT problem

The "PLEASE WAIT" freezing glitch:

OK, there have been many threads about the "Please Wait" problem. The purpose of this thread is to pinpoint the reason(s) for this problem, and hopefully get Ganz's immediate attention to quickly and accurately resolve this issue which is happening on so many user accounts.

Those of you who are experiencing the "Please Wait" problem know why it's so frustrating. Whether it's trying to get your items out of storage, trying to get into your pet's room, or trying to get into the W Shop, Webkinz will freeze up on you, giving you the dreaded "Please Wait..." message, where it will then hang forever. Log in again and again, clearing cache and cookies, but the problem continues for most of us with no solution.

After researching all the previous threads related to this issue, here's what we have determined:

1. It doesn't matter how many pets you have in your account, how many items you have in storage, or how many items you have in a particular room. The freeze happens in big and small accounts.

2. For most of us these "Please Wait" freezing problems started around December 10th, 2008.

3. For most of us, all attempts to fix the problem on "our end" by means of clearing cache and cookies, using a different browser (IE, Firefox, etc.), using a different computer, updating/reinstalling Adobe Flash do not fix this problem.

4. This is definitely a "server" issue on Ganz's end. There is nothing we as normal Webkins users can do on our end to fix the problem. One or more of the servers at Ganz's/Webkinz home base must be vastly overloaded compared to the other servers.

5. So far Ganz isn't handling this problem efficiently. Many of us have called or written to them, where many of us are either ignored or told it's a technical problem with our own computers, with very few users having their personal accounts fixed individually.

In regard to the server issue, if I'm not mistaken (my computer savvyness only goes so far) when players create a Webkinz account, that player's account must be assigned to only go through a specific server when they log into Webkinz. I have no idea how many servers Webkinz has, but after reading all the posts about this issue and details of what users including myself are experiencing, the problem is definitely with one or more of the servers. If my above guess is correct, then there is no way we as users can simply switch our account to work through a server that is not overtaxed.

I know there are those who will tell us who are experiencing this problem to give Ganz a chance and cut them some slack, but this isn't one of those "Bingo isn't working properly" or "Quizzy is full of incorrect information" glitches... this time it's SERIOUS. Many of us can't use our accounts properly because it freezes constantly. I can only guess how many children have been frustrated to the point of tears trying to play with their pets, only to have it keep freezing up on them.

Unfortunately Ganz seems understaffed regarding their tech/development team and also seems notorious for poor management, which is probably at the heart of the problem. Word on the street (from the mouths of some of Ganz's own employees) is that the turnover rate is high at the company (meaning a lot of employees don't last very long), and that management is actually encouraged not to get personally friendly with their underlings. This can only add to the problems we experience as users. The company most certainly has enough money to hire a huge technical team for Webkinz to make sure things function properly, but people on the higher end of the totem pole at Ganz have apparently been too greedy with our money so far.

Please Ganz, please treat your fans better and your own employees better and get things running smoothly again. We've identified the problem, now please fix it. Right now it seems one of your hands doesn't know what the other is doing.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Dude, where's my
Gift Guru

ksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: The "PLEASE WAIT" server issue... identifying the EXACT problem

This is such a helpful thread! I hate the Please ait sign. And my first major problem started around thr 9th of December, so that statement is true. Rep for you.
ksoccer28 is offline Female
Old 01-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
Gifted

IYQ2 is a splendid one to beholdIYQ2 is a splendid one to beholdIYQ2 is a splendid one to beholdIYQ2 is a splendid one to behold

I sure hope your thread gets the attention of Ganz. They really do need to do something to take care of this.

I actually talked to a Ganz rep yesterday about another matter but ended up talking to her about the "Please Wait" issue. She told me that it is actually FOUR servers that are causing the problems and it happens to the people in the Pacific Northwest. That was interesting to me as I am in the northwest and it sure as heck is happening to me. I have two daughters and a friend in the northwest, that I can get on their accounts with no problem though, and it doesn't happen to them.

I don't know if it makes me sad or glad to know that they know about this because it has been going on for sooooo long and they are taking sooooo long to fix it. Very frustrating but hopefully they will fix it soon.
IYQ2 is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 02:58 AM   #4

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

They must have been doing something about their servers somewhere, because my account started working much better around that time that you mentioned. I have an old computer that runs fairly slowly, and over the past half a year WW started running more and more slowly for me. One of the key things I noticed it on was in the cooking class, which I was no longer able to do as it was running too slowly to complete before the timer ran out. But around early-mid December my whole account started running much faster again, and I know nothing has changed with my computer. So perhaps they did upgrade some servers, but not all. It must be very frustrating for those who got the short end of the stick. Hope they fix it soon.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #5

It's not only happening to people in the Northwest... I'm in NJ and this problem has been happening daily.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #6

Allrighty has a spectacular aura aboutAllrighty has a spectacular aura about

I'm in the Northeast and it sure is happening here also. It is the worst on my first account that was opened right after Christmas last year when they were having overloading issues and was wondering if the timing of opening that account might have something to do with the problem. My sister has the same problem with her account opened at the same time and her other works a lot better also.

Very nice research so far Vesser. I have tried many times to clear temp files, etc and has not seemed to help so will now give up on that also. Was wondering how it could effect some accounts and not others but kept trying anyways. Of course it has to happen on our first and favorite accounts.

I sure hope you are correct and it does get ganz attention!
Allrighty is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
Gifted

Bishsticks will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Vesser
It's not only happening to people in the Northwest... I'm in NJ and this problem has been happening daily.

I'm in TN and I've got one account with the "Please wait..." issue. The other two are fine.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #8

To the WI administrators or moderators,

Is there any chance we could make this thread a sticky until Ganz resolves the issue with their servers? It would also be helpful to people who are experiencing this problem to find out easily that it's nothing wrong on the user's end, but actually a server issue... rather than have them search through piles of threads like some of us did before we narrowed the problem down.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

What a helpful thread
I suggest sending this to ganz,
if you havent already .
Old 01-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
jnmommy
Gifted

baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!

That was a very well written post! I've been having the same problem, with no help. Thank you!
baxjul is offline Female
Closed