Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

chicken little is sweet stuff
chicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuff

Default Unanswered: please wait, please wait, please wait

Hi,

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing a lot of "please wait" time. Cleared cache on both IE8 and Mozilla Firefox. Still lots of please wait. Tried different times of day, standing on my head, tried pulling out my hair, even tried to pull out husband's hair. He didn't have enough to pull out LOL. For a minute, I thought he was going to help me pull out my hair. Any other suggestions??

thanks

chicken little

PS Been out a while, what is the ANSWERED - UNANSWERED for?
chicken little is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 
Default Re: please wait, please wait, please wait

I had this problem a lot last night, so I know where you are coming from. However this morning all seems to be well. You have done everything that I would do - general maintenance is always a good plan, that said have you ran a virus scan, defrag, or just rebooted lately? I know these seem like silly questions, but depending on your setup they can sometimes help. Mine always seems to run slower when it is a weekend especially a long weekend and all those other people want to use my broadband too, which does make a difference. Hope your problems clear up soon.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
Psykobarbie

Psykobarbie is a glorious beacon of lightPsykobarbie is a glorious beacon of lightPsykobarbie is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with Ergoiam, I think WW slows down during high volume times. If I do my dailies in the morning it goes a lot faster than in the afternoon (after everyone is home from work and school).

Also, the answered/unanswered is so that you can choose the best answer to your question. That way, people know when they are searching the forum if the question has been answered or not. You can read about it here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...choose-507905/
Psykobarbie is offline Female
Old 05-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #4

chicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuff

Thanks Ergoiam and Psykobarbie,

Rebooted and my virus scan runs all the time. Defrag was my next step. Just learned how to do that a short time ago. Its is still running slow this morning. I forgot about it being a long weekend. We are both retired so every day is a holiday. LOL

Just in case, anyone else with something unusual to try to speed things up? Does anyone esle run IE8 and have problems?

Thanks,

chicken little

Last edited by chicken little; 05-26-2009 at 07:27 AM..
Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #5

telogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by chicken little

Rebooted and my virus scan runs all the time. Defrag was my next step. Just learned how to do that a short time ago. Its is still running slow this morning. I forgot about it being a long weekend. We are both retired so every day is a holiday. LOL

Just in case, anyone else with something unusual to try to speed things up? Does anyone esle run IE8 and have problems?

Thanks,

chicken little
Good Morning chcken little, You're not alone. Mine was running slow all weekend and I'm still getting the 'please wait' this morning. I don't know what your IE8 is so I can't help you with that. But I can let you know you're not alone! Maybe things will get better as the day goes on. Good Luck.

The Answerd/Unanswered notice is very helpful. It lets us know which post have the answer to a question you may have been wondering about. And, shows you where you are most likely to be helpful to someone else. Read all about in in this thread How to use our Q&A Section (Choose best answer for your thread)

Last edited by telogiatrisha; 05-26-2009 at 09:45 AM..
Old 05-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #6

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by chicken little

Thanks,

chicken little
I've given up on Internet Explorer. It gives me the "Please Wait" no matter what, so I use Firefox and don't have problems that often. A friend of ours explained to my husband once why Firefox runs better- it was something about it being a smaller, less complicated program. And WW is becoming bigger and bigger... I'm finding each time they add a new feature it runs slower. (It doesn't help that I've got an old computer...)

My suggestion would be to try a few different browsers and find out which works best on your computer.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
iamawackywinner2

gomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Button
gomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Buttongomommu41 gets to push the Easy Button

I talking with a Ganz Customer Service Rep. I was told that clearing the cookies does help so every day when I clear cache I clear the cookies. The unexpired ones come right back and the others return as you use the programs. It really helps to keep the cookies cleared with the cache. I clear all on a daily basis. Keeps WW running smooth and very little Please Wait at any time. And if Please Wait appears it is for only a few serconds. Hope this helps.

I prefer Firefox as it does run smoother than IE. I would recommend a program called Advanced SystemCare which is recommended by Windows. It is a great cleaning program that defrags, Optimizes, Cleans Registry (which by the way does help to keep puter running much smoother) Just an all around great cleaner for puter. It even cleans out the junk. It has a lot of features and the best part is it is FREE. It is an IObit product. Good luck.

Last edited by gomommu41; 05-26-2009 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: additional info
gomommu41 is offline Female
Old 05-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
Gift Guru

MCow is a glorious beacon of lightMCow is a glorious beacon of lightMCow is a glorious beacon of light

I have a mac so I generally use safari. However, I have found that Firefox is MUCH faster and gives me less waiting time and errors. I run into trouble when I have too many windows or programs open though. Clearing out your computer files also helps free up space to run internet programs.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
I'm now a

x-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to beholdx-tiff is a splendid one to behold

Maybe you can log off and try that over and over again till please wait stops......if that doesn't work I suggest you stay off Webkinz for a few days more people are going on because of Summer Break.

Hope this helped a bit
x-tiff is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #10

Thanks everyone,

Now have Firefox and will try it. Cleared cache and will continue to clear cookies. One more question, do I have to restart computer when I clear cache or cookies? Also, can it be done while I am in WW?

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I love WI for all the infor especially for a grand mother that isn't to computer literate.

Love and have a great summer,

chicken little
Closed