Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

Aries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Please Wait... is driving me Kinz Crazy!

Yes, I have a whole weekend to contemplate webkinz-free life ... while I "please wait ..." . Guess I'll have to call them, but I really wonder what could be the problem when I'm facing the same issues on multiple computers.`
Aries962 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #12
boom to the bang
Gift Guru

Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!Dash is headed for the top!

Hey Aries- I feel your pain. I had the same issue on my main account (100 pets and 75 loaded rooms) from mid Nov until mid January.

My dock count was low (<200), I tried friends computers, cleared cache' and rebooted constantly but it didn't make a difference. I attributed my dilemma to the Christmas Holiday and more users but lately I believe I was on a bad server. I was able to access my account from 6am -9am KT and then again after 11pm KT, so it may have something to do with user activity.

It's almost like we all get rotated to the bad servers periodically... sorry that it's effected all your accounts.
Dash is offline Female
Old 05-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #13
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

Aries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clownAries962 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by Dash
Hey Aries- I feel your pain. I had the same issue on my main account (100 pets and 75 loaded rooms) from mid Nov until mid January.

My dock count was low (<200), I tried friends computers, cleared cache' and rebooted constantly but it didn't make a difference. I attributed my dilemma to the Christmas Holiday and more users but lately I believe I was on a bad server. I was able to access my account from 6am -9am KT and then again after 11pm KT, so it may have something to do with user activity.

It's almost like we all get rotated to the bad servers periodically... sorry that it's effected all your accounts.
Thanks, Dash. I'll hope for resolution (a happy one) on Monday. I know that I won't take it much longer. I'd rather be completely without than put up with it the way it is, I'd give it all away! Not worth that kind of hassle and I'd be moving on to something less expensive.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:47 AM   #14
zoopalz
Webkinz :)

zoopalz will become famous soon enough

i understand your frustration, i feel it too. i havent been able to do the jellybean challenge in weeks. furniture sticking , no deluxe boxes, just to name a few. ive said it before, i think ganz (webkinz)has gotten too big , too many different pets, too many products to buy to unlock games i dont think they can keep up they should be making the site better instead of making more and more webkinz to buy. well its just my opinion. if you need a shoulder ,you can use mine!! let us know what happens after you speak to ganz
zoopalz is offline Female
Old 05-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #15
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Aries962
Thanks, Jarrah! Better to trade than to support, I'm thinking...
I agree - buying all the new stuff just encourages them - some days I wonder if they ever test anything.

If Ganz was smart they would have a beta test system and offer free accounts to WI people - or to select people who have lots of pets on WI - and those accounts would be on a system separate from the rest (like the "free webbie" accounts used to be).

Then they could add new features to that system first - and test them under load with the "testers" before releasing it to the rest of WW world.

I don't think they understand that for many parents when the kids start complaining about glitches on WW the parents just stop buying them and start using a competitor - that's how we ended up with Build a Bear accounts in the first place - and if I wasn't on WI I'm sure we would have stopped using WW completely.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 05-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #16
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by zoopalz
i understand your frustration, i feel it too. i havent been able to do the jellybean challenge in weeks. furniture sticking , no deluxe boxes, just to name a few. ive said it before, i think ganz (webkinz)has gotten too big , too many different pets, too many products to buy to unlock games i dont think they can keep up they should be making the site better instead of making more and more webkinz to buy. well its just my opinion. if you need a shoulder ,you can use mine!! let us know what happens after you speak to ganz
That's very kind of you, zoopalz! This morning I spent 20 minutes trying to get into one Asian account to get the daily on it cause I missed a day. If you catch it before 2am Kinz time, it'll let you click Monday and allow you into the 7 days draw, even if you missed one. Finally made it, and not bothering with the other. I'll be trying off and on to get my Wheel of Wishes, and once I succeed with that I'm done for the day. I can't handle it.

Like you, I suspect that a lot of the glitches they are having with the games and logging on and such are directly related to too many mini-programs bundled together. Adobe flash obviously can't handle the volume, I get that error a lot! I think that when they build a game, it isn't bundled with others for testing and playing and such, right? So the programmer can make it as big and as flashy as they want. They build it and tweak it and make it work and it works fine under any conditions because it isn't sharing resources with any other games or docks or rooms or anything. But when they install it into the actual Webkinz site program, it has to suddenly compete for room with ads, games, and events for space to run and shine.

And then you add a huge amount of users to the mix and yer done. There's no way for that cake to rise with that many nuts in it. It falls flat and is completely inedible. Can't re-use the ingredients either, so I can't even get my money back...

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
I agree - buying all the new stuff just encourages them - some days I wonder if they ever test anything.

If Ganz was smart they would have a beta test system and offer free accounts to WI people - or to select people who have lots of pets on WI - and those accounts would be on a system separate from the rest (like the "free webbie" accounts used to be).

Then they could add new features to that system first - and test them under load with the "testers" before releasing it to the rest of WW world.

I don't think they understand that for many parents when the kids start complaining about glitches on WW the parents just stop buying them and start using a competitor - that's how we ended up with Build a Bear accounts in the first place - and if I wasn't on WI I'm sure we would have stopped using WW completely.
Oh, Jarrah! I am so done with buying. I made it through yesterday without, and I'm going to make it today as well. You're right, I am not going to encourage them. And I've sent unhappy feedback from the one account I was able to get into this morning. Any account that lets me in will be sending feedback. It's getting shorter and shorter, though, got too long winded (four sentences) and got the "please wait..." first time around.

It must be horrible to have a child that is experiencing the same troubles. I suggested the site for my Grandchildren to try as a teaching tool for responsibility (feeding, exercising, gardening for cash to buy things for their pets, etc). They've stopped using their accounts because of the troubles they were having quite a while ago, and I don't blame them. Slightly older kids that know they're missing their chores through no fault of their own ... ugh ... I don't even want to think of the state of mind they would be in. I'm an adult and I'm at this level of frustration, a child's frustration must be off the charts! At least, until they find something else to do other than webkinz. I've mentioned that in some of my feedback ... that I don't want to be someone who says to my friends "Oh, Webkinz? Yeah, it used to be great but they couldn't get it to work so I quit..."

I could handle being a beta-tester. But not on my main accounts, those have to work. Consistently and all the time...but I'd open another account for it!

I'm going to go painting again. That'll keep me away from the computer. I'll be back later to check in, and thanks for the mental support!
Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #17
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

I have the same feelings as you towards this argument. It drives me crazy when I can't do anything because of this glitch.

My gardens have all died, because I can't get to them because of the Please Wait.

I have not done the dailies in the past week.

I have not done the KinzCare for the past week.

I have not opened my gift box from two of my recent pets.

I have not been able to even log in two other pets of mine.

I have not been able to play any games in the arcade.

Much more could be added to this list. I have a feeling that GANZ needs bigger servers, but, that would be expensive. My best hope is that after maintenance, everything will be partially fixed. I hope they don't let me down on that.

Last edited by januarywebkinz; 05-10-2009 at 10:41 AM..
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 05-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #18
Webkinz :)

GiftedLove is on a distinguished road

OMG I hate that sooo much! I know how to stop it though but it only sometimes works.
You know the ads on the side? If there is one that makes you go somewhere else in webkinz world click it and it should stop doing the Please Wait...
I hope this helps you!
GiftedLove is offline Female
Old 05-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

I'm not sure if this would work - but one kid has found that if she uses 'change password' to enter into WW instead of logging in normally she avoids the please wait.
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 05-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #20
Did you say TRADE ?
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
I have the same feelings as you towards this argument. It drives me crazy when I can't do anything because of this glitch.

My gardens have all died, because I can't get to them because of the Please Wait.

I have not done the dailies in the past week.

I have not done the KinzCare for the past week.

I have not opened my gift box from two of my recent pets.

I have not been able to even log in two other pets of mine.

I have not been able to play any games in the arcade.

Much more could be added to this list. I have a feeling that GANZ needs bigger servers, but, that would be expensive. My best hope is that after maintenance, everything will be partially fixed. I hope they don't let me down on that.
Oh, I'm so sorry! It sounds like you have even worse issues than I do! I hope you're planning on calling as I am. You've been dealing with it for over a week? Holy moley!

View Post Originally Posted by GiftedLove
OMG I hate that sooo much! I know how to stop it though but it only sometimes works.
You know the ads on the side? If there is one that makes you go somewhere else in webkinz world click it and it should stop doing the Please Wait...
I hope this helps you!
I'll certainly give it a try! Thanks for the suggestion!

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
I'm not sure if this would work - but one kid has found that if she uses 'change password' to enter into WW instead of logging in normally she avoids the please wait.
I'll try this too! And I suddenly thought about turning the ads off all together, wonder if that would do anything...? Hmmmm ...
Closed

Tags
pounder