Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #81
Gift Guru

commodore has disabled reputation

Default Re: Please Help! Parents Please come here!

Here you go - reopened. Hope everything is OK.
commodore is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #82
Baby remmber my name
Webkinz :)

Peanut97 is a splendid one to beholdPeanut97 is a splendid one to beholdPeanut97 is a splendid one to beholdPeanut97 is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

I am not a parent but, but mom has had this thought before. It was that i was spending to much time on WW so we made a deal 1 hour on webkinz but I had to have my homework all done for the next day! I hope that you can work things out with your mom. Webkinz can really teach you things with the money and the quizzys, it isn't like it is just a site that you dress up animals and play arcade games!! Best of luck to you.
Peanut97
Peanut97 is offline Female
Old 03-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #83
texasanne
Gift Guru

TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

There is not much I can add, except that I feel your pain and I hope you and she can come to an understanding. Just remember, the internet is a privilege and your parents have the ultimate say in everything you do until you become an adult. My advice is to do your chores without being asked, do your homework daily, limit your time on the internet and especially on WW and WI, and be respectful to your parents.

You know, another reason why she reacted that way...she might be jealous that you spend so much time playing WW, etc. I know with my tween, he would rather play video games than hang out with his little brother or with me. Maybe if you just come right out and ask your mom what are her expectations of you and what would she rather you do with your time. She might just say that she would rather play games with you
TexasAnne is offline Female
Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #84
Call me 39 xD
Gifted

398256501 is a name known to all398256501 is a name known to all398256501 is a name known to all

Well, I'm not exactly a parent, butyou should try to reason with her. If you're spending too much time on Webkinz, try spacing you available time around, instead of doing everything in one sitting.
If it's about the money, you could try to do some chores around the house to earn money, or have Webkinz like an award (Thats what I do) If you get good marks, then a Webkinz could be an award. (Like when I got a perfect mark in fench, my dad got me a Webkinz for my effort )

<<ONLY FOR EMERGENCIES TIP>>
If she does change your password, always keep in mind you have you Webkinz codes, just go to I forgot my password and enter your Webkinz secret code, but thats only if it's like SUPER URGENT!!!

One last tip:
If she has never experienced Webkinz before, show her the magical world of Webkinz, my dad thought it looked like fun when he saw all the things you could do all over Webkinz world

Last edited by 398256501; 03-23-2009 at 10:33 PM..
398256501 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #85
Live Love Laugh :)

Jtomomi is just really niceJtomomi is just really nice

Wow... I'm really sorry that your mom doesn't want you to go on WW anymore. I am not a parent, but I find it perfectly safe for everyone.

But I'm sure that she has a good reason for not wanting you on WW. Are your grades dropping? Are you slacking off on your chores? You should actually stress the matter and ask her why she is so anti-Webkinz. If it's a matter of she thinks that it is not safe, prove to her that it is. Does she think that you're wasting time on WW when you could be studying? Then have her visit this link:

Webkinz® - Webkinz World and learning

If you can prove her wrong, gently show her. But if it's a matter of you slacking off, start working harder!! I hope you can soon enjoy WW again!!
Jtomomi is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #86
L E A H ! !

Lelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonder

Well, I'm not a mom, but I know that she shouldn't close down your account unless she has a really good reason. Ask yourself, why she would want to close it down? Also, why she would want to close it down? Show her that Webkinz is a great website, and that you love it very much. I hope she allows you to keep it!
Lelex13 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #87
Peace <3 Summer

sarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond reputesarah21 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a parent, but Webkinz are fun, safe, and you can even meet knew people. My mom even has a Webkin and so do some of her friends!
sarah21 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #88
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

yeah i doubt i'm going to get on tomorrow when i have no homework, nothing after school, and when I have my piano done, because whenever I ask, she says maybe, and then doesn't let me on. I've been doing well in school lately, and have been getting good grades. I'm starting to get annoyed, because I do what she wants, and she still doesn't let me go on: the most Webkinz i've gotten is designing rooms for webkinz i'm never going to get. I hope i win the contest for Webkinz news, maybe i can give her the butterfly. Maybe then she'll let me on.
elladragongirl is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #89
Make your own LUCK
Gift Guru

funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep
funkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the repfunkyc63 invented the rep

Hello Ellagirldragon's Mom !!

I am a mother of 4 who loves the idea of Webkinz World and WI !!
It is one of the few things I let my kids do on the internet.

It is a save learning sight that teaches and expands their minds and gives them the ability to make new friends.

Now....If mine go on WW instead of doing homework or their chores they get a time out from the computer.
I use it as a privilage for good behavior at my home.

If this is something she enjoys then I think she should be able to do it.
Thanks for listening !
funkyc63 is offline Female
Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #90

Movin'2Toons is just really niceMovin'2Toons is just really nice

I'm sorry... I think Webkinz is one of the safest things ever. Saying that kids who are 5 can be on Webkinz Ganz tries to make it the safest they can. I don't understand why she would want to close your account. It would be a waste of money too. PLEASE don't close her account!!
Movin'2Toons is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pounder