Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #61
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: Please Help! Parents Please come here!

As a mom as well, I echo the other moms on here. And I support your mom's actions. You, yourself said you were spending way too much time on webkinz and even sneaking behind her back to get on and asking others how to stop spending so much time on webkinz... you could not even limit yourself. Your mom is looking out for your best interest.

I would say to just let it go for awhile. Show your mom that you have other interests and that your whole world is not wrapped up in webkinz. If she sees that you have other interests and perform well in school and help out at home, etc. have friends that you spend time with and such and don't obsess over webkinz the whole time they are "gone", then she is more likely to feel comfortable with the idea that you are not so obsessed. Then you two can sit and talk about when might be a time you can get that privilege back, agree on how much time you can spend on them a day, and maybe move the computer to a mroe public place in the house so that she can see what you are working on. Then you will be less tempted too because you will be held more accountable if it is in a public area in the home and not in your room where you can get to it any spare moment you have.

Hope that helps. Your best bet though is to work with your mom, not against her on this. From what you have said yourself, your mom sounds like she is looking out for your best interest and like all us moms, she loves her child and wants what is best for you.

Good luck and know that this is just a minor bump in the road. Let us know how it goes if you can. Chin up
kinzmom1924 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 AM   #62
Webkinz :)

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Talking Re: Please Help! Parents Please come here!

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I would recommend trying to stay within a certain time limit- Like for 30 min. a day you are on WW. I'm soo sorry you might loose your account, I myself am no where near a parent age, but I do understand what you must feel like.

Best of Luck,

lake
Your Too Funny, Wow 30 minutes barely gets us logged in and thru just the dailies, we'd have to sell off our gardens, it takes 45 minutes just to do 1 accounts gardening without all the please wait... which usually happens about 3 times during any 1 account experience. Maybe if you get your mom to do your garden or help decorate a room or two just for her she would see your frustration too. that's how I became a Kinzaholic
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 07:30 AM   #63
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

Um ...it sounds like your mom is concerned with the amount of time you are spending on line. I don't live in your home so I am not certain of the amount of time spent online, but if your mom is having concerns there must be a reason.

She has changed your password...this is serious, meaning she feels you havn't been respecting her rules or you haven't been following the timelines she has enforced.

I am sure your mom is only doing what she thinks is needed. Have you spoken to her without yelling? And without saying things like "That's not fair" Have you heard why she is taking these actions? She has a reason so find out what it is and resolve it together in a calm fashion. Parents when they hear things like "That's not fair...everyone else is doing it" we get on the defensive and then we can't hear your actual argument . If you approach the situation with a calm and rational disposition you are more likely to be heard AND you are more likely to HEAR why things have come to where they are, and you are more likely to come to a comprimise

If you are being sneaky and trying to change your password back and keep her out you are only asking for bigger and larger consequences. Perhaps it is time to take a break from the computer and find some other activities and wait a little then sit down with your mom and discuss things rationally and ask her to set up a time frame for you so you know exactly what the rules are... and follow them.

If you respect your mom, and follow the rules she has in place then she might give you more time.

It sounds like she made a rule and then found the WW site up on your computer which means to her you broke the rule perhaps you didn't but it may have looked that way to your dear mom.

Comprimise is something we all have to learn and we all have to do in life it is how we get along with everyone, so you may have to give a little on your side and if your mom sees you are WILLING to listen and work with her, you can find a way for both of you to be happy. You might not get all the time on the computer you will like but you may get some...that is comprimising.

Good luck and try to HEAR your moms concerns and she will then hear yours
Rejewal is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #64

sammantha101 has a spectacular aura about

Donation Award 

I have been grounded from my computer but I just got my privilges back. I am so happy!

Sammantha
sammantha101 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #65
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

OK tonight i'm going to sit down with her and talk about it...i'm kind of scared she'll get really angry when i tell her i've been sneaking behind her back....but i don't know....i'll post how it turns out
elladragongirl is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #66
Angeliqueb33
Gift Guru

Angeliqueb33 will become famous soon enough

If I changed the WW password and my daughter (or daughters) changed it back without my knowledge or consent, that would cause me to take away their entire computer time for at least a month. All I would have to do to accomplish this is to create a password for each user account in the control panel and they wouldn't be able to log into the computer at all. When the month was over, I would go back into the user accounts and delete the user account passwords and then they would be able to access the computer again. Hopefully they would have learned their lesson so I wouldn't have to do that again, but sometimes it takes more than once to get a point accross to a child.

***Children will have more fun once they learn to follow and obey the house rules.

***Trust takes years to develope but can be taken away in a flash.
Angeliqueb33 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #67

KnxJennifer is on a distinguished road

There is a reason she is upset about Webkinz.

It may be that you've spent quite a bit of money on the game. Or maybe you're spending a lot of time playing online. Regardless, the first thing you need to do is find out why your mother is "anti-Webkinz" and work together to find a compromise. Odds are you already know the reason she is upset about WW.

Instead of taking a "you just don't get it" attitude, ask her what you can do to continue to play online. If you're spending a lot of time online and it's interferring with chores, homework or maybe just upsetting your mom that you aren't spending time doing other things, then set up a set time you can play on a set day or days and stick to it. If you cheat, she'll get upset and pull the game altogether.

You can also show her, if she hasn't played previously, that the games are learning games. Show her Quizzy's Corner if you're older. Let her watch you play Quizzy's Word Challenge or Gets An A. This may strengthen your argument. Also, let her know that the chat functions are safe, the games help you understand money management and responsibility (the gardens, your pet's health, etc.)

If it's the money aspect of the game, then set up a budget and stick to it. If she doesn't want you spending as much money on the game, cut pack to 1 WebKinz per month or every other month. If you're spending her money, offer to do chores or run errands to make your own allowance for WebKinz items. If she's just frustrated that you buy them at all, offer not to buy anymore. At least, you'll still have your online account. I know the space can be an issue with the plush. Maybe you can compromise by offering to donate some of your plush to a local charity.

The key is that you need to communicate effectively with your mom and find a compromise. She's not going to be unreasonable about the game if you're not unreasonable when you approach her looking for a solution.

Best of luck!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #68
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by elladragongirl
OK so my mom is the most anti-webkinz person on the planet. She is threatening to close my account completely, I don't know how, but I think I'd have to let her change the password to something only she knows, so I can never go on! Parents who like (and are addicted to) webkinz please come here! I really need a lot of voices to change her mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm not a parent, but i am mature enough to comment i think i really think she shouldn't freak out about webkinz! it is a completely safe website, has educational stuff on it like quizzy's corner which enhances general knowledge, teaches us supply and demand, has no viruses, no personal information given to anyone (not even to the staff), and isn't too addicting! that's what i think!

elladragongirl click the spoiler:
Spoiler: show
even if she does change the password, you still have the secret code to retrieve the password and just aabout everything! if this gets you in trouble, don't do it

---------- pup5115 added 16 Minutes and 4 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by elladragongirl
she doesn't know that i have a WI
how can i approach this to her? she'll really think i'm addicted if she finds out i'm on a webkinz forum!!!
you haven't told her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know it must be frustrating for you, but not telling your mother you are on wi is a big mistake you shouldn't have made (doesn't mean you can't fic it). you should always tell your parents whenever you are on a new site! sorry if i sounded a little harsh, but i really needed to explain this. the best way to say that your in wi is to tell the exact truth. whether you get punished or not, it will make you come "friends" with your mom and have life not be such a secret from her. even though the truth hurts, you must do it! i have had to do it. it will let her trust you more, and it will show her that you love her back as she loves you too. please tell your mom. that's all i can do, i can't "jump" out of my computer screen and make you tell her, but i can try. just please tell your mom.

-pup5115

Last edited by pup5115; 02-20-2009 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 02-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #69

Jenna_xoxo is on a distinguished road

let ur mom play webkinz for a bit and she might start to like it. or, pretend to lose intrest in it a secrely go on. idk
Jenna_xoxo is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #70
goddiegirl

kels4ever7 is an unknown quantity at this point

noone cares about ur problems!!
We do not talk like that on this forum, the rule is , if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything. MommaB
Closed

Tags
pounder