Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #31
gupdoo3
Gifted

gupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Please Help! Parents Please come here!

I'm not a mom, but I hope I can help.

View Post Originally Posted by CindyMommy
Well, why doesn't she want you on WW? Is it due to grades, homework, chores, etc? You probably should address the actual issue with her, since I'm pretty sure it's not webkinz itself.

I don't know how old you are (and please don't post it) but if you're old enough to be on WW and WI, then you're old enough to have some responsibility, right? Maybe all you need to do is demonstrate to her that you can handle being on WW/WI, in addition to everything else you should be doing.

Hope this helps!
I agree. Try doing 1 extra chore and get on both sites normally. Once that becomes manageable, add another chore. As you do more chores, it may help your mother see that you can play on WW, surf WI, and still have time for everything else.
View Post Originally Posted by adrkmfdm
You could always try buying her one, get one that is her favorite animal. Maybe if she gets addicted to it she will understand.
Or that xD

Seriously, though, I still think the chore thing is better.

Until next time,
--Hammer Bro's (self-proclaimed) No. 1 fan
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size. Smile! God loves you!
gupdoo3 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #32
Webkinz :)

Nanawebbie will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Does a grandmother count? I think some parents worry that Webkinz becomes an addiction. We have had many discussions on that subject. My grandchildren got me started and I am the one addicted. At first I was disappointed that just as I got started they seemed to lose interest but I realized that the real world is so much more important. They have real friendships and play dates, soccer, ice skating and Girl Scouts not to mention schoolwork and these are ways of building lifelong skills.

My granddaughters would rather read a book or do some writing then do Webkinz. They use the computer to create school projects. They each have their own websites so they are also learning computer skills. They do webkinz a couple of times a week when they fit it in - usually on weekends.

If you do your dailies, play games, compete, go to the academy, trade, collect and garden you are probably spending a great deal of time on the computer. I agree that it is better than some of the other choices and it has some educational applications but it should not consume your time.

A news article had the following opinions:

"It's one more thing to distract them from going outside or reading a book".
One mother said her children sit at the computer from the moment they get home from school until she threatens them with restricted computer access if they don't go do their homework.
Sitting in a chair and staring at a screen isn't going to do much for a child's growing body.
Too much time in front of a screen takes away from activities that young children need to grow and develop their minds and bodies.

The message to parents was:
I could be missing something here, but if a parent is so concerned about how much time their child is on the computer, turn the computer off. It is not the toy or the website that is a problem. The problem comes if a parent does not have the control enough to tell their child NO. The simple solution to all of this worry is setting limits. If you want your child to go outside and play, send them outside to play. If it is time for your child to do his homework, turn off the computer and tell him to do his homework. Are the children or the parents in control here?

Your mother no doubt wants the very best for you. As everyone before me has said, take time, be respectful and reasonable and talk with her about her reasons. See if you can set up a schedule and include all the real world stuff too!
Nanawebbie is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #33
Lil Kinz
shellee is an unknown quantity at this point

Well all I can say is My daughter is addicted to webkinz ,she has 42 oof them at last count & I just bought her another 1 for valentines day!! I have found I had to limit her time on the site because thats all she did!! I can honestly say I swore my kid would never be on the internet because of all the crazy things people do nowadays ( she will never have a my space)but when she gets home if she gets her homework done & her room cleaned she can get on & play till supper then after that she can get back on if her stuff is done To be honest I find the site very safe !!!I have not let her get into the clubhouse chat tho & I don't think I will... I just don't know how it works & I don't want anyone to just be able to chat with her >I myself like the pull down menu. I wouldn't feel comfortable letting her type whatever. I also threatened to delete her account because she wasn't getting her responsibilities done, but a day without webkinz was very hard for her now there is no more fighting & bickering about getting her stuff done because she will lose her privilages. She has a birthday coming soon & all she wants are webkinz!!! Which is fine with me ....since webkinz came along my house is much cleaner & stays that way!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! I hope your mother changes her mind!
shellee is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #34
Gifted

jazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by shellee
Well all I can say is My daughter is addicted to webkinz ,she has 42 oof them at last count & I just bought her another 1 for valentines day!! I have found I had to limit her time on the site because thats all she did!! I can honestly say I swore my kid would never be on the internet because of all the crazy things people do nowadays ( she will never have a my space)but when she gets home if she gets her homework done & her room cleaned she can get on & play till supper then after that she can get back on if her stuff is done To be honest I find the site very safe !!!I have not let her get into the clubhouse chat tho & I don't think I will... I just don't know how it works & I don't want anyone to just be able to chat with her >I myself like the pull down menu. I wouldn't feel comfortable letting her type whatever. I also threatened to delete her account because she wasn't getting her responsibilities done, but a day without webkinz was very hard for her now there is no more fighting & bickering about getting her stuff done because she will lose her privilages. She has a birthday coming soon & all she wants are webkinz!!! Which is fine with me ....since webkinz came along my house is much cleaner & stays that way!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! I hope your mother changes her mind!

Too funny!!! I agree. Since my daughter has been into Webkinz, things stay much more "picked up." They are much harder to get caught in the vacuum too (like Polly Pockets or such.) My daughter has a huge basket that all of the Webbies go into, and most of the time, they are there. She hasn't gotten as addicted to the website as I have....But she LOVES the plushies!
jazzymom43 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #35
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Wink Re: Please Help! Parents Please come here!

View Post Originally Posted by elladragongirl
OK so my mom is the most anti-webkinz person on the planet. She is threatening to close my account completely, I don't know how, but I think I'd have to let her change the password to something only she knows, so I can never go on! Parents who like (and are addicted to) webkinz please come here! I really need a lot of voices to change her mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My mom loves playing Webkinz, but your mom's reason is you might be playing TOO much. So, to keep her from doing this, you shouldn't be on WW so much.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #36
Angeliqueb33
Gift Guru

Angeliqueb33 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
My mom loves playing Webkinz, but your mom's reason is you might be playing TOO much. So, to keep her from doing this, you shouldn't be on WW so much.
School work should always come first so if my girls were on WW too much, I would take it away too. Sorry.
Angeliqueb33 is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #37
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

Thank you everyone! I think the problem is that i spend waaaaaaay too much time on webkinz
parents, how long do you give your kids to play on webkinz every day?
also, the reward thing doesn't really work because (i am very naughty) i go on webkinz when my mom isn't in the room. Does anyone have ideas for breaking the addiction????
elladragongirl is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #38
MicsKinz
Gift Guru

AddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud ofAddictedMom has much to be proud of

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by elladragongirl
Thank you everyone! I think the problem is that i spend waaaaaaay too much time on webkinz
parents, how long do you give your kids to play on webkinz every day?
also, the reward thing doesn't really work because (i am very naughty) i go on webkinz when my mom isn't in the room. Does anyone have ideas for breaking the addiction????
As a parent, we tend to worry when our kids spend too much time doing just ONE activity, no matter what it is. Video games, texting, TV, etc.

Try to show your Mom (and yourself) that you can do other things too. Get up and get away from the computer - go outside, ride a bike for awhile, help your Mom make dinner, anything that is away from the computer. Maybe limit yourself to only a 1/2 and hour at a time on the computer while doing different things in between. I think you'll find that she won't be on your case as much and you'll probably find other things you like to do as well.

Just enjoy many different things!
AddictedMom is offline Female
Old 02-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #39
IttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roost

Computer time should be done in moderation. Kids (and adults) need to be way more active than our sedentary lifestyle offers us. Limit your computer time, do your homework, and do something active to make your body healthy! If it is safe, play outside as much as possible.

Mom of IttyGirl2
Old 02-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #40
Gifted

duckling5011 is the bees knees!duckling5011 is the bees knees!duckling5011 is the bees knees!duckling5011 is the bees knees!duckling5011 is the bees knees!duckling5011 is the bees knees!

If you are sneaking on Webkinz when your mom isn't in the room, that's probably a huge part of the problem.

My son is on Webkinz every day just long enough to do his daily things and his gardening. Sometimes he'll add things to his room, but he usually just does the basic stuff so he can go play Civilization on the other computer.

My older daughter that does Webkinz gets on it right after school, for an hour, maybe a little bit longer. That also includes her time in WI. When she was in the gift exchange training program recently she did spend more time on the computer. I let her get on right after school because she gets good grades, gets her homework done when she gets off Webkinz (although I usually do have to remind her to practice her clarinet) and does chores as asked.

Sometimes she'll be on again, later in the evening. She has more time on the weekends.

Dee
duckling5011 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pounder