Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #21
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Please Help! Parents Please come here!

I am also a mom of 3 little kids. All of them love Webkinz and they play at least once a day. But, they are only allowed to play on computer (Not just Webkinz) after they finish their homework and chores (Cleaning up rooms, feeding dogs and things like that) They get to play a little bit longer when they get good grades, and sometimes they don't get to play at all if they get in trouble. (Bad grades, not following the family rules, etc)

Now I am not sure why your mom does not want you to get on WW. First thing you need to find out is "Why" she is thinking anout shutting down your account. Maybe she does not feel WW is safe for you, or maybe you are spending too much time on WW. If she does not like Webkinz for some reason, you can ask her to get some information on internet about WW (Or you can get the infos for her) and hopefully she will find that it is a pertty safe website for kids. And if it is because you are spending too much time on WW, then the answer is pretty simple. Try your best to be responsible, do your school work and chores before you ask you mom to let you play.

Every mother has different opinion about how to raise their kids, but one thing for sure is that all the mothers' main concern is their kids' happiness. No mothers would do things to their kids just to be mean. Talk with mom, and tell her how important Webkinz is for you. Good luck!

Last edited by tokyo rose; 02-03-2009 at 11:15 AM..
tokyo rose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #22
Gift Guru

PaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roost

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Rejewal
Ok, here comes another mommy lol. Ok, I would be willing to be that webkinz is not the real issue here, my bet is the issue is either you are spending too much time on the computer and you are perhaps forgetting about other things, or perhaps she is using it as a punishment for something else you have done?

As a mom, I had to take away my sons playstation, it was consuming him, that was all he ever wanted to do, and no activity is healthy if it is consuming you. I now moniter the amount of time he gets to play and mean ol me, when he is rude or doesn't complete tasks I expect him to do the very first thing that will be removed is the thing he likes to do the best, not because I don't love him but because I do. It gets his attention in a hurry!

As parents sometimes we have to be the meanie when it comes to the best interests of our children we may be hated but that is our job, to make sure our children are brought up to be well rounded individuals.

I see you are now in the gt, which you must be very responsible to take on such a duty, so I imagine you are a responsible person, so be mature, and sit down and talk with your mom and find out her reasoning as well as be open to comprimise. If you come at her defensively nothing will be resolved. I am certain she has reasons so find out what the reasons are and try to fix them.

Webkinz world and WI, can be time consuming trust me I know and understand that but perhaps you mom is concerned for a valid reason, maybe not but by opening up the lines of communication it shows your mom you are mature and willing to work with her, and not against her.

Show your mom compassion and HEAR what she is saying and what her concerns are, and if you are LISTENING and respecting her, chances are she will do the same with you and you can come to a middle ground so everyone is happy.

Best of luck, and remember whatever your mom's reason may be, even if it seems like she is being unreasonable, it is because she has your best interests at heart, give her a hug and tell her you love her, that always softens us mean moms right up.

Good luck!
Wow!! I couldn’t have said it any better.

Yep another Mom here. Everyone has given you some wonderful advice, just make sure to take it too heart is my only addition.

And Rejewal is right, a hug and a heartfelt “ I Love you” go along way, no matter what your age.

My addition for you is some praise for the good things about WW. I have a young son with Downs Syndrome who has developmental delays and we have fun using WW as a learning tool. Not only are the plush beneficial to use in identification, color naming, categorizing, and number learning, but the WW computer site has help us with some fine motor skills, hand eye coordination, and color skills.

You can even check out the Special Needs thread to see the benefits and some great comments by moms and kids alike about WW.

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...s-kids-t413935
Be Patient, Your mom only loves and wants what it best for you.

Good Luck!

Last edited by PaperButterfly; 02-03-2009 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: fix thread link
PaperButterfly is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #23
HuskinsdadE
Gifted

cnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no bounds
cnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no boundscnetski knows no bounds

Donation Award 

I am a Dad who thoroughly enjoys the activity on Webkinz World. It is a safe and interactive place that allows kids to learn about savings, having responsibilities (with jobs, gardening and daily activities), and learning cognitive skills on several games (which require math and creative thinking). Since you are also a Gift Trainee, your responsibilities have also increased dramatically.

I am proud of my daughter for wanting these responsibilities, and she is also a trainee. It is precious to watch my kindergartener typing messages while in the trading room; what a great skill to learn typing at his age (And 'Thank You' guys for being patient during the trades).

With these responsibilities, you now must balance your time with school work, chores, social activities, and good old get-away-from-the-tv-and-computer-and-play-outside kinda fun!

As a Dad (and this hopefully isn't too long of a lecture), I just suggest you share your thoughts and open up with your Mom. If she is 'anti-webkinz', ask her why. She may not know all that it has to offer; she may see it as the place where you are disengaged at home and glued to the computer. I couldn't be happier to share updates with my kids. I really enjoy watching them learn and I am glad to be a part of it.

My personal caution - we all know we could spend 24/7 on here and WW and not master or collect everythng. She is your Mom and you may make some compromises (whether her concern is the time, responsibility or money). Just be open and hopefully you can both understand one another's opinions.

Please let us know any changes or results. You took the right step looking for ideas and suggestions and support - good luck putting it all together to share with your Mom. Hopefully your Mom can help to write her thoughts on your thread, and it all turns out happy for both of you.

cnetski is offline Male
Old 02-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #24
Gifted

jazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonderjazzymom43 wows us all with wonder

Definitely find out what here reasons are...that way, you can work hard at overcoming her objections. i was once anti-webkinz too. i resisted for a long time buying them. Once a gave in though-I became an addict too! I love collecting them and have really enjoyed having that in common with my daughter.

i have found that a webkinz reward system works well for us. I have a board on our fridge, ans when she has done things that I consider reward-worthy (chores, practicing, keeping room clean, good grades, etc.....sometimes just doing thoughtful things for others) then she gets a Webkin tally mark. After a certain number of marks, she gets a new webbie. I am not sure how it would work for everyone, but it sure seems to work for us.

Good luck! I'm sure her intentions are good and she is protecting what she thinks is in your best interest...otherwise, she would just look the other way and let you do whatever you wanted.
jazzymom43 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #25
:D
Webkinz :)

nikilynn has a spectacular aura aboutnikilynn has a spectacular aura about

I am not a perent, but I have some advice to tell your mom for you soft of. . . If you only play on the Webkinz site that's good. Tons of people go on myspace and face book and get into setious trouble. My mom hates Webkinz, but when she says something negative about it I say this . I don's have a Myspace or Facebook, I don't do Webkinz before school, and I follow rules. There are people that my friends know that have gotten into serious trouble on other sights. Webkinz is by far the safest sight I know of.
I hope I helped even in the smallest way.
nikilynn is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #26
wonders in color

Aimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonderAimless wows us all with wonder

I am a mom, and not an Ogre. I bet your mom is a mom and not an ogre too. Everyone here has pretty much summed it up. Sounds like you need to communicate with her on what her issues are, and really listen. Then perhaps you can come up with a solution together. I am always open to hearing a logical argument, It allows me to see both sides. I am less likely to listen when approached by a whining tantrum! {my experiences, not you...}
Good Luck!
Aimless is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #27
:D

nikilynn has a spectacular aura aboutnikilynn has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by jazzymom43
Definitely find out what here reasons are...that way, you can work hard at overcoming her objections. i was once anti-webkinz too. i resisted for a long time buying them. Once a gave in though-I became an addict too! I love collecting them and have really enjoyed having that in common with my daughter.

i have found that a webkinz reward system works well for us. I have a board on our fridge, ans when she has done things that I consider reward-worthy (chores, practicing, keeping room clean, good grades, etc.....sometimes just doing thoughtful things for others) then she gets a Webkin tally mark. After a certain number of marks, she gets a new webbie. I am not sure how it would work for everyone, but it sure seems to work for us.

Good luck! I'm sure her intentions are good and she is protecting what she thinks is in your best interest...otherwise, she would just look the other way and let you do whatever you wanted.

My mom does that too. It takes me about two months to fill it out though . . . Well, it limits my supplies of Webkinz, but it works for my family. I am not aloud to buy Webkinz anymore so, it works. ( I have 40 so I understnad my mom's decission)

Last edited by nikilynn; 02-03-2009 at 11:39 AM..
nikilynn is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #28
puppyloves

show her Quizzes corner, its very expectational.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #29

bbstinger will become famous soon enough

Just make sure you are doing all that is expected of you.
bbstinger is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #30
Gift Guru

K1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond reputeK1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

I'm a parent and I can't see why she would have anything against Webkinz. She is most likely telling you this because she knows you love it so much. I take away my kids favorite things when they don't do homework, chores, or keep up their grades.
Ask her why she is taking it away and fix what you are not doing. Last year my daughter was not allowed on the computer for 5 months because of bad grades (except to do homework). This year her grades have been good and I don't limit anything. She was told to learn to balance everything and set limits. Her only job in life is to get good grades until she graduates from college, if she has that then she can do whatever she wants (within limits).
So find out what your Mom is really mad about.
K1234 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pounder