Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #11
Mamajedia24
Webkinz :)

mamajedi is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Please Help! Parents Please come here!

As a mom of 5 (4 of whom have Webkinz accounts and 1 who is waiting for Webkinz Jr to come on line) I would suggest finding out from your mom what the problems are -- although you may already know especially if it has to do with chores or schoolwork. As a general rule, my kids are only allowed 30 minutes a day for computer games. If they are behind in schoolwork or doing poorly, not doing chores properly, or not getting along with others or being polite they will most likely not be allowed to play computer games. On the other hand, when they wow me with their best efforts and are kind and polite I tend to let them have more time. When parents can see that you have your priorities - family, school, work/chores, and friends - in order, they are much more willing to trust your judgement and let you have more freedoms. I hope you get this worked out with your mom. And if she still doesn't see your side, respect her decision. She has your best interest in mind. I know I have found myself more willing to rethink a decision with my kids when they show maturity and graciously accept my decision. Good luck.
mamajedi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #12
My Kids are
Gifted

lollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledgelollie flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

Hmm, well being a mother myself, I'm sure that your mother has a good reason as to why she wants you to stop playing on WW. Although you have not specified why she wants to terminate your account, Iam going to list some reasons why I would do this to my own children...

* failing grades
*spending too much time on the computer and not having an outside life (being a slacker)
* spending too much money on Webkinz
*Disobeying
*Not cleaning your room or helping out with chores because WW is consuming your time

Now mind you, Iam not suggesting that you are doing any of these but these are the reasons that I would think qualifies as terms for stopping my childrens playing on WW. Although if they had start to improve the reasons I listed above, I would let them gradually back on, but still monitor them so they would not slip back into these bad habits.
I hope things get better for you. Good luck.
lollie is offline Female
Old 02-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #13
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

My mom is the same; but she lets me go on. Before she does anything to your account I would definately show her a tour of WW!
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 AM   #14
Gifted

NVAMMOM will become famous soon enough

Hi elladragon girl. I am a mom and first off, I'll inform you that we are not unreasonable. Also, if we make an ultimatum, there is always a good reason. I agree with everyone else that you need to have a talk with your mom to find out why she is against Webkinz. Once you find out why she is upset, work with her to find a solution. WW is very safe, and kids can learn valuable lessons from it, like money management and discipline. WW is more productive than say, sitting in front of the TV. BUT, you have to be disciplined yourself. Anything that takes up hours a day of your time is going to upset a parent, no matter what it is. Be reasonable with the amount of time you spend on it. I have to warn you though, I notice that you are in the gift training program - The GT program can be pretty time consuming. Don't get carried away, and set a specific amount of time that you are going to spend on it each day, and stick to it. Good luck to you!
NVAMMOM is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #15
SJB
Toads are cool.

SJB is on a distinguished road

Our mom lets us get on Webkinz a lot, but she gets mad when we're on it for like 12 hours without doing any chores or schoolwork. Our mom changes our password when we're bad, but then she changes it back when we're good.
I hope your mom lets you get on Webkinz sometimes.
SJB is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #16
I Rules!

JulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to allJulieBear01 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by CindyMommy
Well, why doesn't she want you on WW? Is it due to grades, homework, chores, etc? You probably should address the actual issue with her, since I'm pretty sure it's not webkinz itself.

I don't know how old you are (and please don't post it) but if you're old enough to be on WW and WI, then you're old enough to have some responsibility, right? Maybe all you need to do is demonstrate to her that you can handle being on WW/WI, in addition to everything else you should be doing.

Hope this helps!
I am a parent and I agree. If you are spending to much time and all you talk about is WW then I can see her point. WW is totally safe and educational. I take it away from my kids if they are not doing well in school and are not being responsible. Though I always give it back. I have a hard time limiting myself from playing it too. Your mom can't close the account but she can change the password. As can you. Limit your time on WW. School is more and household responsibilities are more important. Some parents don't understand that it is 2009 and not "1970" or what ever no offense to anyone. This is the age for technology and computers. There are new hobbies that we can get involved in. Many parents have a hard time seeing this and want us to take up old hobbies. For example , my husband hates webkinz. He says it is all fake. but that is another story. It is no different than DS games XBOX, Wii, gamecube, Ect. You have to buy all the games for these machines. Well I hope I helped some. I tried to explain my part and not be offensive in any way to anyone.

---------- JulieBear01 added 2 Minutes and 15 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by NVAMMOM
Hi elladragon girl. I am a mom and first off, I'll inform you that we are not unreasonable. Also, if we make an ultimatum, there is always a good reason. I agree with everyone else that you need to have a talk with your mom to find out why she is against Webkinz. Once you find out why she is upset, work with her to find a solution. WW is very safe, and kids can learn valuable lessons from it, like money management and discipline. WW is more productive than say, sitting in front of the TV. BUT, you have to be disciplined yourself. Anything that takes up hours a day of your time is going to upset a parent, no matter what it is. Be reasonable with the amount of time you spend on it. I have to warn you though, I notice that you are in the gift training program - The GT program can be pretty time consuming. Don't get carried away, and set a specific amount of time that you are going to spend on it each day, and stick to it. Good luck to you!
There are some very good points here. I like more productive than TV. I'll have to use that one on my husband. LOL. But yes WW can take up many hours of the day. Before you know it the day is gone and nothing got done.

Last edited by JulieBear01; 02-03-2009 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
JulieBear01 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #17
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

Ok, here comes another mommy lol. Ok, I would be willing to be that webkinz is not the real issue here, my bet is the issue is either you are spending too much time on the computer and you are perhaps forgetting about other things, or perhaps she is using it as a punishment for something else you have done?

As a mom, I had to take away my sons playstation, it was consuming him, that was all he ever wanted to do, and no activity is healthy if it is consuming you. I now moniter the amount of time he gets to play and mean ol me, when he is rude or doesn't complete tasks I expect him to do the very first thing that will be removed is the thing he likes to do the best, not because I don't love him but because I do. It gets his attention in a hurry!

As parents sometimes we have to be the meanie when it comes to the best interests of our children we may be hated but that is our job, to make sure our children are brought up to be well rounded individuals.

I see you are now in the gt, which you must be very responsible to take on such a duty, so I imagine you are a responsible person, so be mature, and sit down and talk with your mom and find out her reasoning as well as be open to comprimise. If you come at her defensively nothing will be resolved. I am certain she has reasons so find out what the reasons are and try to fix them.

Webkinz world and WI, can be time consuming trust me I know and understand that but perhaps you mom is concerned for a valid reason, maybe not but by opening up the lines of communication it shows your mom you are mature and willing to work with her, and not against her.

Show your mom compassion and HEAR what she is saying and what her concerns are, and if you are LISTENING and respecting her, chances are she will do the same with you and you can come to a middle ground so everyone is happy.

Best of luck, and remember whatever your mom's reason may be, even if it seems like she is being unreasonable, it is because she has your best interests at heart, give her a hug and tell her you love her, that always softens us mean moms right up.

Good luck!
Rejewal is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #18
I is the Greatest!!!

CHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Rejewal
Ok, here comes another mommy lol. Ok, I would be willing to be that webkinz is not the real issue here, my bet is the issue is either you are spending too much time on the computer and you are perhaps forgetting about other things, or perhaps she is using it as a punishment for something else you have done?

As a mom, I had to take away my sons playstation, it was consuming him, that was all he ever wanted to do, and no activity is healthy if it is consuming you. I now moniter the amount of time he gets to play and mean ol me, when he is rude or doesn't complete tasks I expect him to do the very first thing that will be removed is the thing he likes to do the best, not because I don't love him but because I do. It gets his attention in a hurry!

As parents sometimes we have to be the meanie when it comes to the best interests of our children we may be hated but that is our job, to make sure our children are brought up to be well rounded individuals.

I see you are now in the gt, which you must be very responsible to take on such a duty, so I imagine you are a responsible person, so be mature, and sit down and talk with your mom and find out her reasoning as well as be open to comprimise. If you come at her defensively nothing will be resolved. I am certain she has reasons so find out what the reasons are and try to fix them.

Webkinz world and WI, can be time consuming trust me I know and understand that but perhaps you mom is concerned for a valid reason, maybe not but by opening up the lines of communication it shows your mom you are mature and willing to work with her, and not against her.

Show your mom compassion and HEAR what she is saying and what her concerns are, and if you are LISTENING and respecting her, chances are she will do the same with you and you can come to a middle ground so everyone is happy.

Best of luck, and remember whatever your mom's reason may be, even if it seems like she is being unreasonable, it is because she has your best interests at heart, give her a hug and tell her you love her, that always softens us mean moms right up.

Good luck!
Rejewal I couldn't have said it better myself. I wish there were a way that I could take your words and e-mail them to my son and HOPE and PRAY that he would read and understand what is being said. You wanted us parents to come here and it's my guess that you wanted advice. Everyone here gave you very good advice so to to listen to them and see what happens with your mom and GOOD LUCK!!
CHRISBILL is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
I dance for

Msay9 is on a distinguished road

I may not be a parent, but I bet she has a good reason for wanting to close your account. If she doesn't, then she doesn't need to close your account. I would DIE if my Mom threatened to close my WW account. I do spend a lot of time on WW and WI, but the users are the only friends I can "hang out" with since we moved about a month ago, and it's winter (so I can't go outside and walk around the neighborhood and meet people).

Spring PLEASE come!!!
Msay9 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #20
I ♥ Pink
Gifted

kelbel75 has a spectacular aura about

Yep....I am also a mom of 3 boys who have ebkinz accounts. The same rules apply to them when it comes to having freedom to play on ebkinz. Homework, Chores, Etc......have to be done. No if's and's or but's about it. If there not pitchin a hand in the house then I tell'em they can go find a job and pay for there own ebkinz. Homework......well if they don't do that they have a severe grounding consequence and they hate that! So basically I hope you ARE doing all the things that your mom is expecting of you and that it's none of these reasons why your mom is contemplating taking your account away.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
kelbel75 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pounder