Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #101
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Please Help! Parents Please come here!

I am a mother of 2, a girl and a boy (ages edited). They both have Webkinz accnts. I help my son daily with his since he is so young! I find it to be the safest thing on computers for them both. My Daughter is growing out of them wanting to do youtube , aim, etc... I have to set limits for her computer time or she would be on it all day. She still loves the stuffed animals though to play and sleep with. Talk to your Mom do your best w/ school and chores, But I find the site very safe as a Mom!! Good Luck!!

Last edited by Dixiecup; 04-22-2009 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: please do not give the ages of your children
mom w charm is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #102
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

OK i've decided that i'm going to stay off of Webkinz for at least a month, and try to do more exercises, and trail runs, to get in fit a bit more. Isn't that fair, if i spend more time outdoors and staying healthy, I can go on Webkinz more?
elladragongirl is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 09:58 PM   #103
slc1965
Webkinz :)
slc1965 is on a distinguished road

I believe most of the parents have address the issue at hand. You do need to sit down with you mother and discuss why she doesn't like webkinz. I would agree with most of the messages that there are other issues at hand and not just the webkinz such as your chores, school homework or other things. Honestly there is nothing wrong with the webkinz as it is a teach/educational tool for everyone of all ages including adults. The other question would be are you spending to much time on it and if so you should try to limit it as needed. I personally have a son in his teens who started playing with webkinz about a year ago and has over 100 pets. He's getting to the point where he really doesn't do much with his account unless he gets a new pet to put in. He's spending a lot of time on World of Warcraft and sometimes You Tube which you need to monitor. You never know who a you will meet on some site even though they are watched and have restriction set up to protect against the bad things they still slip through cracks. I haven't experienced any problems with either WW or WI and so I would not object to any child having an account. It really is a learning tool for all ages.
slc1965 is offline Female
Old 04-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #104
ebbies Rock!
Gift Guru

aussierocky will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by elladragongirl
OK i've decided that i'm going to stay off of Webkinz for at least a month, and try to do more exercises, and trail runs, to get in fit a bit more. Isn't that fair, if i spend more time outdoors and staying healthy, I can go on Webkinz more?
That sounds reasonable, but only if that is one of the reasons why your Mom doesn't want you playing with your Webkinz. You really need to just ask her exactly what it is about you playing online that is the problem. Really, even though everyone on here has given you great advice, you are the only one that can take care of the problem and you can't take care of the problem until you know what the problem is.
aussierocky is offline Female
Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #105
Gifted

joshgrobanfan will become famous soon enough

I am a parent of a daughter who loves Webkinz. I have grown to love it, too. It is a fun and very safe place to be. Ganz has gone to great lengths to keep it safe for very young children. I love the way it is set up and how you have "responsibilities" with your pets and for taking care of them and earning money. I have grown to love spending time WITH my daughter playing on Webkinz. I get as excited about things as she does. It's something we do together.

But...I do believe in moderation in all things. Too much of even something good isn't right. For example, fruits and vegetables are very important and you should eat a lot of them to be healthy. But, if that's ALL you ate, then that would be unhealthy. Same with Webkinz (or in my son's case, video games)...if it's done in moderation or small amounts, it's okay. If that's all you spend your time doing and do nothing else, that's bad. If you get your other responsibilities done, then it should be okay as something for your free time or reward time.

Hope this helps. I hope you can work out an agreement with your mom.
joshgrobanfan is offline Female
Old 05-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #106
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

I asked her what the problem was, and she did log me into my account, but she said that she felt Webkinz were coming between her and me. I'm often afraid to get into mother-daughter conversations with her, because I'm afraid she'll ask too much about my private life, and want to influence it when really I'm just fine. How can I build a better relationship with her?

Also, the fact that Webkinz is safe is not at all part of the problem.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #107
Slytherin for this

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

Are you spending to much time on WW? That's why my mom yells at me. Ask her to set up a time limit. You have to meet her half way.
Baby252 is offline Female
Old 05-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #108
Plusle and I are
Gifted

Now I've REALLY got a problem. We had our school auction this Friday, and a little girl gave me the bald eagle from a basket she won! And she won't take it back. Of course, I'm going to pay her back for it, but what do I do with it? Do I open a new account, and hope that my mom doesn't find out? Or do I enter it on my current account, knowing that I'll never get to play with it? Plus, my mom's going to flip out whenever she finds out that I got one...HELP!
Old 05-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #109
David Cook's not a

ILoveWebkinz24 is just really niceILoveWebkinz24 is just really nice

I'm not even close to a mom but you can go to Quizzy's and LEARN things. You don't just play stupid, mindless games like on some sites. And it can teach you responsibility with taking care of your WW pet.
ILoveWebkinz24 is offline Female
Old 05-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #110

monkeysinger27 will become famous soon enough

i just wanted to encourage you to work it out with your parents. i know it's hard but life will go more smooth for you. hope this helps!
monkeysinger27 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pounder