Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #91
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Default Re: Please Help! Parents Please come here!

OMEAMC! I'm so sorry for you! I'm not a parent, but I could give you some advice. Maybe tell her that WW is probably safer and a little more educational to be on than WI, and that she shouldn't worry about anything at all, like personal info. Also, you could get her a per of hre own, and try to get her all warmed up to Webkinz. You could limit your time on it too, so she might actually let you on for extra time, or more often because she would believe your responsibility. If you can't get her to like it, then if you sometimes aren't top behavior, you could try to improve that, and see if you could go on as a reward. Good luck letting her allow you on somemore!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #92
Webkinz :)

disneylover1628 is a jewel in the roughdisneylover1628 is a jewel in the rough

Webkinz is very safe. Also, it is fun. There are admins and mods that keep webkinz very safe.
disneylover1628 is offline Female
Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #93
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

She's not letting me on at all anymore. I'm serious, this week I had no homework, nothing after school, and she still wouldn't let me on. I"m getting kind of annoyed now, because if she's not going to let me go on anymore, why did she let me buy a Whimsy Dragon? And why did she get the frog? I'm getting much better grades, so shouldn't she let me go on at least once a month? ? ?
elladragongirl is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #94
I love youuu. <3

orangefairy555 has a brilliant futureorangefairy555 has a brilliant futureorangefairy555 has a brilliant futureorangefairy555 has a brilliant futureorangefairy555 has a brilliant future

Ok, I'm totally NOT a parent, but my mom dad and grandparents are totally for it. They have just about as many as I do. I would suggest showing her all the things that Webkinz teaches. My mother is a teacher and she does Special Ed. She gave the child a webkinz and now he knows that when his pet is hungry he has to feed him. He knows that when his pet is tired he needs to sleep, he knows they need excercise and love and you need money to buy things for his pet. I seriously doubt that webkinz is a bad thing. I hope this helps you out!
orangefairy555 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #95
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

I'm not a parent, but my mom doesn'y play on webkinz. She doesn't like them very much, to tell the truth.

Show her around webkinz world, quizizzies, and other educational stuff. Show her how fun it is. Maybe she will chnage her mind!
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 04-03-2009, 11:58 PM   #96
erinrardin
Gift Trainee

smrardin has a spectacular aura about

Hi, Ella.

I am the parent of six. My youngest is in love with Webkinz whereas my other children preferred Playstation, etc. I don't know how old you are - and please do not post it - but if you are under 10 I would suggest you ask your mother if she would like to play with you. That's what my daughter and I do. I sit with her sometime, not all the time by any means, and try to take what she is playing with and turn it into a lesson about budgeting, making smart choices on what to buy, thinking things through on what the difference between need and want is, etc with her.

I would suspect that your mother is concerned you are addicted. They are quite cute little things that do worm their way into your day! However, perhaps you do seriously need to take a look at how much time, money, etc you are spending on the computer with your Webkinz. They should not be a replacement for interacting with kids your own age or doing things with family.

I know you don't want to hear this, but if your mother says you need to reduce your time, then that is what you need to do. Regardless of what you think or feel, she is your mother and as such is owed your respect and honor by doing what she says.
smrardin is offline Female
Old 04-08-2009, 02:46 AM   #97

Catchfire is on a distinguished road

Tell her about all the big meanies on all the other internet sites. Like on myspace and youtube and so on. Then tell her how they have absolutely no way to get into webkinz world period. Webkinz world even won an award for being such a great kid's site. Also show her some of the educational games on there. Like Booger gets an A is a great one for math. After you've played that game for a couple of weeks and gotten fairly good (or adequate) you would then be qualified for a job at mcdonalds. And it can help your math grades improve. Just make sure that if that's part of the deal for you to go online then make sure your math grades do improve. Lunch Letter's is great because it helps you learn to type on a keyboard. Which is an absolutely necessary skill to have. If you need the beginning lessons on where to put your fingers got to learn2type.com for free lessons. Also tell her or show her quizzy's. I personally think that even doing questions below your age level also helps with things but she might not think so. So instead show her how instead of just going into your age range that you go into next age range. Quizzy's Word Challenge helps with vocabulary and spelling. You should also check out the parents area on WW main page (before you log in) and see what they have to say about how educational it is.
By the way I may not actually be a parent but I'm certainly old enough and I have nieces and nephews going on webkinz world. They actually showed it to me. Now I play more than them. So you can tell her that I promise that webkinz world is perfectly safe. I have thoroughly checked out everything. There is no way at all to provide personal information except very very remotely in the kinzchat plus area. But they have that area pretty well checked over and I believe that it also is safe. But if she doesn't then she can restrict your access to the kinz chat plus. But still allow you to play everywhere else. So good luck.
Catchfire
ps if she does make you close out your account could you please be nice and pass along everything that you've managed to collect. Thanks
By the way you can always change the password back as long as you have the secret code. Not that I"m saying that you should disobey your mother. Seriously if I caught you doing that you'd be in very serious trouble. So just work with her on this.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:40 AM   #98
pandajean
Gift Guru

pandajean will become famous soon enough

Webkinz is a safe and fun place on the internet. It is educational and helps children learn responsibility and good money habits. I'm not sure why your mother doesn't want you to play, but maybe you should talk to her and try to reach a compromise. Maybe she thinks you're spending too much time and money on them. If so, try setting a limit of time you're online, then after go outside or do something active. You could also limit the amount you spend on them. Say you'll only buy a certain amount a month or something like that. I'm sure your mother just wants what is best for you, and that you'll be able to work something out. Good luck!
pandajean is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #99
sekima is on a distinguished road

that really stinks. i'm not a parent either but my mom has a webkinz account too. in fact my entire family does, and we all think its soo addicting! i think u should buy her a webkinz too.no one wants their account shut down or closed. good luck!!!!!
sekima is offline Female
Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #100
Plusle and I are
Gifted

elladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud ofelladragongirl has much to be proud of

I'm not going to try buying her a webkinz, because she would just keep the stuffed animal...probably as a chew toy for our dog. Talking about how Webkinz is safer than other websites isn't going to help, either, because she already knows that. The Quizzy's stuff is the only good thing about webkinz in her mind, and that won't be enough to convince her.
elladragongirl is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pounder