Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #41
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

i have been hacked once but they only took away like 10 KC but i still changed my password anyway.
Heres another suggestion:

Hide them somewhere no one would think there in. Example:I keep mine in a empty fudge jar in my room,so if someone did not know my codes where in there they'd just think it was fudge and move on.

Now with the passwords:
lets say your username is:ilovewallpaper101 DONT make your password:ilovewallpaper101 because if you use your username as your password its MUCH easier to get hacked.
Also when you change your password repeat it in your head until you can remember it off by heart so you wont have to leave a paper lying around for people to see
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #42
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

View Post Originally Posted by abbythegrey
Make you're passwords long and hard to guess. An easy one to remember is to make an acronymn. Like 'ELTEVYICCWC" which stands for " Elephands Love to Eat Very Yummy Ice Cream Cones With Chocolate" Be sure to write this down. You should change your passwords every 6 mths. Also, stay away from words and names that can be found in the dictionary. Hackers use the dictionary to hack!

Also, don't randomly give away your username to people or accept invites from people you don't know. Be careful on what websites you post your username on, also. Every 3 mths I go thru my posts and remove my username from all my posts. (only gifted members can edit posts) Once someone has your username, all they had to do is find your password. It's better to remove that first step, which is figuring out your username. Make it as hard as possible.

Don't brag about your account, or talk about what items you have on your account a lot. You're probably safe on WI, but definatley on other websites, I wouldn't post anything about items on your account! (exspecially rares, exclusives, PSIs, retireds, etc) This makes your account stick out like a sore-thumb. Someone has an incentive to hack YOUR account, rather than someone elses, because they know yours has good items.

Don't leave your favorite items in your dock. When someone gets into your account, these are the first things they go for, and usually the first things to go! Keep them in storage rooms. Also, take advantage of wardrobes and refrigerators! Many times hackers forget to check into wardrobes, dressers, and refrigerators.

I have more tips. I'll add later. lol
Thanks, abbythgrey! Those are some really nice tips! I especially agree with the "Don't brag" part! I mean, I never brag intentionally and I don't even know if I have anything that I can brag about, but when you post things like "How many lavas you have"or "I won some special item!", that might draw wrong attention from wrong people. I know majority of WI members are nice, but we can't forget that people can always visit from outside as a guest.

Thanks, abbythgrey! I am really looking forward to hearing more tips from you! You rock!

---------- tokyo rose added 4 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by lizzyxwebkinz
i have been hacked once but they only took away like 10 KC but i still changed my password anyway.
Heres another suggestion:

Hide them somewhere no one would think there in. Example:I keep mine in a empty fudge jar in my room,so if someone did not know my codes where in there they'd just think it was fudge and move on.

Now with the passwords:
lets say your username is:ilovewallpaper101 DONT make your password:ilovewallpaper101 because if you use your username as your password its MUCH easier to get hacked.
Also when you change your password repeat it in your head until you can remember it off by heart so you wont have to leave a paper lying around for people to see
Great tips! When I opend an account for one of my kids I chose a password that was almost identical to the username. I thought it was easy to remembe and did not think much about it, and it took me a while to realize it was probably easy for others also to guess. (LOL) Luckily I was able to change it before anything horrible happened, but that was really NOT so smart. thanks for sharing great tips!

Last edited by tokyo rose; 12-24-2008 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 12-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #43
mathboy1998

just trust a sister or abrother if you do that you will know who took it oh yah get there account to
Old 12-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #44

urcool<3 is on a distinguished road

I got scammed 2 just recently. Lost about, I don't no, at least thousands kc and my favorite items. I was so freaked out. I changed my password. Dont worry, its hard.

My Tips:

1. Dont ask anyone 2 do anything 2 ur account (2 earn kinzcash etc.)
2. Keep ur special stuff in wardorbes etc. Scammers r mor likly 2 look at ur dock first and sometimes 4get 2 look in a wardorbes etc.
3. Change ur password lik, every month or week
4. Includ symbols, numbers, upper and lowercase letters in ur passwords
5. Do something u can remember
6. Dont mak it 2 easy
7. Dont use any resources. The scammers might look where u looked 4 ur password or even a clue
8. Never hav a friendship with people u dont no
9. Dont communicat with unfamiliar people in WW
10. Dont tell anyone anything about ur account (if its ur friend, mayb ur username and thats it)
11. This is a bad one. Bware of tricks

Hop I helped!
Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #45
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Quote:
Great tips! When I opend an account for one of my kids I chose a password that was almost identical to the username. I thought it was easy to remembe and did not think much about it, and it took me a while to realize it was probably easy for others also to guess. (LOL) Luckily I was able to change it before anything horrible happened, but that was really NOT so smart. thanks for sharing great tips!
thanks! I changed my webkinz password a couple of hours ago since the last time i changed it was in October 2008

i got another tip!:
When you put in your password dont say it out loud even if its at home
only keep cheap W-shop items in your dock if someone hacks you and for example they only almonds in your dock there gonna think:This person does not have good stuff and log out

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 12-24-2008 at 04:01 PM..
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 12-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #46
aseals2
Gift Guru

carmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective sockscarmel_mom rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by tokyo rose
I got a phone call from a friend today and she said her daughter's WW account was recently hacked! She tried to log in and got a message saying the password did not match, so she had to call GANZ. By th time she was able to log on again, most of valuable items and KC were gone. Her daughter is so devastated and she now says she does not want to play WW any more. I have seen a lot of people's postings here about being hacked, but I never really thought too much except feeling bad for them. But, hearing a story from someone I know well got me really scared and now it sounds more real. My 3 kids and I have been playing WW for over 2 years now and we have spent so much time and money on WW. I don't even know what we would do if we ever get hacked.

We are doing a few basic stuff to protect ourselves like
1) never play ww on other people's computers, especially public computers
2) never tell your password to anyone
3) keep only the people you know very well on your kinzphone
4) never accept any friend invite if you don't recognaize the person
But, I am sure most of the people are already doing what we are doing. Those mean hackers have so much knowledge so I don't think these are nearly enough to be totally secured.

I would like to know if anyone has good tips or suggestions that might help us prevent from being hacked. Any little information would help. Thank you so much!
You have taken all the right steps. My son told his password to a friend at school (that he thought he could trust) and she took alot of his stuff. We changed the password, discussed why he should NEVER give it out, and haven't had any problems since.

Most of the time, the hacker is a "friend". My friend's daughter was hacked after she played WW at a "friend's" house and the friend saw her enter her password. She really got wiped out.

Aside from never telling anyone your password, make sure it is a password that can't be easily guessed. "ABCD", "1234", "Password", your middle name, your last name - those are all very obvious. If you make it something near and dear to your heart (or near and dear to your child's heart), it is easier to remember. For my daughter, it's the name of a stuffed animal she's had since she was a baby. Only her dearest friends know that stuffed animal's name, and nobody knows she uses it as a password.

Also make sure to virus/trojan test your computer on a regular basis. There are several bad bugs out there that will monitor your key strokes. Most of THOSE hackers are after your credit card numbers, but you can't be too sure.
carmel_mom is offline Female
Old 12-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #47
BigCat20

this doesn't have anything to do with webkinz but it goes along with the subject.

my friend emailed me one day, about me moving away. She was so sad.
So I emailed her back this long letter and I actually started crying while I wrote it.
I got a responce, and in the letter were swear words!! I started crying.
My mom called my friends mom and my friend said she would never swear or anything especially to me.
She later found out that she had checked her email at school and someone hacked onto her email reading my email, and responding that horrible message!!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #48
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by BigCat20
this doesn't have anything to do with webkinz but it goes along with the subject.

my friend emailed me one day, about me moving away. She was so sad.
So I emailed her back this long letter and I actually started crying while I wrote it.
I got a responce, and in the letter were swear words!! I started crying.
My mom called my friends mom and my friend said she would never swear or anything especially to me.
She later found out that she had checked her email at school and someone hacked onto her email reading my email, and responding that horrible message!!
Oh, my! That is horrible! That is like the perfect example of WHY WE SHOULD NOT USE PUBLIC COMPUTER CARELESSLY. I am so sorry that it happened to you. I just cannot understnad why people want to do things like that. What do they get out of it? It is just so evil!
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 12-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #49
I may or may
Gifted

Ilovemom619 knows the way
Ilovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the way

Post Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

I was hacked but I had my rare and exclusive items in my rooms and I was not missing any of that. I was missing only 3 things from the W shop.

I change my password like every other day

Spoiler: show
hope this helps
Ilovemom619 is offline Male
Old 12-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #50
Adventure Time!(:

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

A few good ways to not get hacked on WW are...

1. Give your password to NO ONE. (Except for parents.)

2. Change password often. (At least once a month is what I do.)

3. Don't leave yourself logged on when you are not actually on the computer. (This one's a biggy.)

4. If you have KinzChatPLUS, give out absolutely NO personal information. No Birthdays, no first names, no States, Nada, Zilch, Zero! (This one's the most important.)

5. Don't play on other people's accounts. (Except for sibling's [With permission], & parent's)

If you do get hacked and don't know what to do...

1. Don't panic. It's just Webkinz. True, what they did was still stealing, but, it could be A LOT worse.

2. List ALL missing KinzCash, items, & anything else that went missing. (VERY important.)

3. Call Ganz. (1-800-Webkinz. They close at 5:00.)

4. Tell them everything that you are missing. You may need to tell them your username and password as well.

5. Change your password IMMEDIATELY after doing this. (You may do this before step 2 as well.)

6. Log Out. You should stay off Webkinz for a little bit. I was hacked on once before and going on my Webkinz account just made me mad.

I hope this helped you some.

XOXO,
~PrincessT.~
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Closed