Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #31
monkeycandy10
Gifted
monkeycandy10 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

i would give her three rare items of her choice if she would like it cuse i have been hacked many many times so i came up with a very complicated password that noone would be able to hack!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #32
I love twilight<3
Webkinz :)

splashwatergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

Hackers are soo mean!!And creepy. I think I got hacked the other day.I had two floors of the same type when I only bought one!!!Same with the christmas trees. Then I cheanged my password right away.I feel like changing my password again!!!
splashwatergirl is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #33
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by splashwatergirl
Hackers are soo mean!!And creepy. I think I got hacked the other day.I had two floors of the same type when I only bought one!!!Same with the christmas trees. Then I cheanged my password right away.I feel like changing my password again!!!
Thank you for posting, splashwatergirl! It is very interesting because I just realized that there is a big possibility that someone can hack and do something really small on your account so you might not realize right away. Like if you have a lot of items in your dock and someone keeps stealing one item at a time from you, you might not even notice!! That is so scary! In that case changing your password often can really help, just like you said! Thank you so much for sharing your story!
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #34
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I see everyone has been giving well thought out posts and awesome advice to these people and I think it is great that it has taught so many people about internet safety It is something that should apply in REAL life as much as it does here.
I do have one more bit of advice, more because of what happened to my granddaughter when she was living with me, here.
At school, before everyone seemed to be terribly interested in Webkinz, a few of her friends got together and formed 'The Password club.' I was not told about it because they told HER to keep it a secret. Being so very young and wanting the older children to like her and give her that attention, she kept it to herself. (the club)
We logged into her account and discovered missing items and they were among her favorites. I called Ganz and they told me what to do. I was told that she had given the password to someone else and I told THEM 'No Way!! She promised Miss Birdy she would keep it a secret!' THAT was when she told me about the Secret Password club I thanked the woman at the other end of the phone, hung up and had a LONG chat with her. There was NO way to prove which child had entered into her account or wether someone ahd caught her telling the children about her password
Don't tell ANYONE your password and keep your tags all together in a safe place. A filing cabinet with a lock is perfect

Last edited by Dixiecup; 12-22-2008 at 01:47 PM..
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #35
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Thank you, Dixiecup! I can see how the little kids could tell their passwords to the bigger kids just because they want the big kids to like them! I know that a lot of littlle kids think sharing something with their friends is cool, and sometimes they don't tell about things like that to their parents! We really need to tell our little ones that we should never share things like passwords with others. Thanks for sharing a great story. We can certainly learn from your experience!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #36
hoa! I'm
Gifted

Blade is a jewel in the roughBlade is a jewel in the rough

What I do is change my password every week.
Blade is offline Male
Old 12-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #37
ants chocolate!
Webkinz :)

jellybean678 will become famous soon enough

Try changing the password often, and not keep as many valuable things on your dock.
Hope I helped
P.S.
I'm so sorry about the news!!
jellybean678 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #38
Flea is
Gifted

zebragurl2 has a spectacular aura about

I would choose more complicated passwords, with letters AND numbers.
Example:

hello193
zebragurl2 is offline Female
Old 12-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #39
Gift Guru

Thank you everyone for all the new posts! It sounds like changing password often is probably the easiest yet one of the most impoetant things we can do! And the password needs to be complicated, like numbers and letters combo. Thank you so much!
Old 12-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #40
2009 Will Be
Gifted

abbythegrey has a spectacular aura about

Make you're passwords long and hard to guess. An easy one to remember is to make an acronymn. Like 'ELTEVYICCWC" which stands for " Elephands Love to Eat Very Yummy Ice Cream Cones With Chocolate" Be sure to write this down. You should change your passwords every 6 mths. Also, stay away from words and names that can be found in the dictionary. Hackers use the dictionary to hack!

Also, don't randomly give away your username to people or accept invites from people you don't know. Be careful on what websites you post your username on, also. Every 3 mths I go thru my posts and remove my username from all my posts. (only gifted members can edit posts) Once someone has your username, all they had to do is find your password. It's better to remove that first step, which is figuring out your username. Make it as hard as possible.

Don't brag about your account, or talk about what items you have on your account a lot. You're probably safe on WI, but definatley on other websites, I wouldn't post anything about items on your account! (exspecially rares, exclusives, PSIs, retireds, etc) This makes your account stick out like a sore-thumb. Someone has an incentive to hack YOUR account, rather than someone elses, because they know yours has good items.

Don't leave your favorite items in your dock. When someone gets into your account, these are the first things they go for, and usually the first things to go! Keep them in storage rooms. Also, take advantage of wardrobes and refrigerators! Many times hackers forget to check into wardrobes, dressers, and refrigerators.

I have more tips. I'll add later. lol
abbythegrey is offline Female
Closed