Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #21
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

View Post Originally Posted by mml1997
Wow i thought it was only rumors. I don't want to get hacked ethier i mean i have 59 webbies. including :el1::husky:
I know what you mean! I knew that this was happening but never really felt real until it happened to one of my best friends! It is so scary! I am so glad to get all these informations here. I will try everything to protect our accounts! Good luck to you too!!

---------- tokyo rose added 752 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

Well, I called my friend and gave all the tips I got from everyone here. She is still pretty upset but she is also grateful for all your help. She is going to start collecting and decorating again and hopefully her little daughter will decide to play on WW again!

Last edited by tokyo rose; 12-14-2008 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
tokyo rose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #22
ow
Webkinz :)

london45 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

1.Never ever give away your password.
2.Change your password every week or so.
3.keep all your webkinz pet secret codes in a safe place.
4.If you have your password written down some where make sure it is hidden where you can find it and no one else
london45 is offline Female
Old 12-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #23
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by london45
1.Never ever give away your password.
2.Change your password every week or so.
3.keep all your webkinz pet secret codes in a safe place.
4.If you have your password written down some where make sure it is hidden where you can find it and no one else
Thank you for sharing your ideas. I especially agree with #4. Even if it is in your house, you still have to be careful about wher in the house you place it.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:35 AM   #24

Ms Venus is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed that everyone missed another common password helper. Use lower case and upper case letters. Not just Upper case with the first letter but upPeRcasE ramdonly. Also include numbers ramdonmy in it mix. Like u2pPeR6cas3E. Webkinz log in is case sensitive.

I keep all my tags in a small LOCKED box. It is not in my kids bedroom and it is not in the room that my computer is. All it takes is someone to get their hands on one of your codes and you can have problems.

Even in the store you can get a viewed tag. Make sure that the little plastic tabs are BOTH there and not cut. It the plastic is cut, someone can slip off the blue ribbon, write down the code, and put it back on. In this case, I would also alert the store to it so they can watch them closer.

It is a shame there are people like that out in this world!!! I couldn't cheat or steal from someone even if they were a stranger. It is really sick when it is someone that you know does this to you!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #25
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Ms Venus
I noticed that everyone missed another common password helper. Use lower case and upper case letters. Not just Upper case with the first letter but upPeRcasE ramdonly. Also include numbers ramdonmy in it mix. Like u2pPeR6cas3E. Webkinz log in is case sensitive.

I keep all my tags in a small LOCKED box. It is not in my kids bedroom and it is not in the room that my computer is. All it takes is someone to get their hands on one of your codes and you can have problems.

Even in the store you can get a viewed tag. Make sure that the little plastic tabs are BOTH there and not cut. It the plastic is cut, someone can slip off the blue ribbon, write down the code, and put it back on. In this case, I would also alert the store to it so they can watch them closer.

It is a shame there are people like that out in this world!!! I couldn't cheat or steal from someone even if they were a stranger. It is really sick when it is someone that you know does this to you!!!
Thanks for the post! Your idea of using both upper case amd lower case for your possword sounds really great. I never thought of that! I am writing it down on my list! Thanks again for sharing a wonderful idea with us!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #26
MadTVstewart

Oh thats not being hacked its called scammed hacked its when someone uses some type of hacking program/device to get personal info etc. Scammed is when your not careful and lose your password or tell someone and that someone is evil and gets into your account.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:46 PM   #27
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by MadTVstewart
Oh thats not being hacked its called scammed hacked its when someone uses some type of hacking program/device to get personal info etc. Scammed is when your not careful and lose your password or tell someone and that someone is evil and gets into your account.
Ooops! Thank you so much for correcting me! I had no idea! Well, I am still learning new things everyday! Thanks again!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #28
Do you like cake?

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

I would try to make sure it's not the same thing as your username. Like if your username is something like "super2star8" I would try not to make your password something like "super3star9" or something. Or you could take some very random like "doggie" and add random things like "* ! @ 85 $ 6 ^ 9 ( )." So it could be something like "do85g!g6i7e"

Last edited by rachel21; 12-15-2008 at 02:24 PM..
rachel21 is offline Female
Old 12-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #29
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by rachel21
I would try to make sure it's not the same thing as your username. Like if your username is something like "super2star8" I would try not to make your password something like "super3star9" or something. Or you could take some very random like "doggie" and add random things like "* ! @ 85 $ 6 ^ 9 ( )." So it could be something like "do85g!g6i7e"
Fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing your idea!
Anyone else?
Old 12-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #30
Gift Guru

Anybody else has any more useful tips that can be shared with our WI friends?
Closed