Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 PM   #11
Gift Guru

Lizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant future

Default Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

View Post Originally Posted by Jenifer36
One last tip. I suppose this will sound a bit like a conspiracy theory, but my friend is fairly certain this is how her account was hacked. If you buy your webkinz on ebay, be careful if you buy the tags only. Often these tags have been opened. The seller can write down the code, send you the original, wait a few weeks and then access your account. In my friend's case, she bought a code only and the seller emailed the code, but never sent the original. Then two weeks after loading tat pet she was hacked. So just be careful who you buy from.
I never buy codes on e-bay for just that reason...if they send you the code through the e-mail, they still have the original code, and can access your account with it. All they have to know is your user name...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #12
I dance with my
Webkinz :)

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

make sure you have a really hard passowrd, make it long and confusing but easy for you to remember. and also, you can put your best items in store places all over your WW house.
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #13
Goofball
Gift Guru

volleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roostvolleyuup rules the roost

Change your password. That's the best way to protect your account and don't tell ANYONE the password otherwise, it will get hacked.
volleyuup is offline Female
Old 12-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #14
sparkle13012 will become famous soon enough

Be sure no one knows your pets secret code. Make your password something hard like maybe your pet's name and your phone number, something that people who don't know you can't guess. To try to keep your friends from hacking your account, I would add a mixed up number or word to your password. I change mine every 2 months but this can be confusing for many people so if you're able to remember the password, I recommend changing it every 1-3 months. A cool combo might be your favorite word and your phone number. For example, say my fav word is candy and my phone number is 101-5498 (not my real number!). Then my password might be 1c0a1n5d4y98

Good luck!

sparkle13012 (PM me if you need more ideas!)

Last edited by sparkle13012; 12-13-2008 at 09:05 AM..
sparkle13012 is offline Female
Old 12-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #15
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

Not sure if this was already mentioned or not, but keep ALL of your plushie tags in a safe spot. One member mentioned last summer that she kept ziiplock baggies for each of her accounts and filed all the plushie tags as well as the codes from the trading cards. It won't help you from getting hacked, but if someone DOES, the more proof you have that the account is YOURS, the easier it will be to get it back. Plus if you have all your tags in one spot, it will help them from getting lost and picked up by the wrong person. The member who told us about the baggies had a problem with her account because her daughter had dropped one of the tags somewhere and a "not so friendly friend" picked it up and misused it. SO keeping all of yoru tags in a safe spot is one way to keep from getting hacked.
Changing passwords is a good idea, but it's also good to not make it easy to figure out. If you play tennis, dont' use "Racket" or "Wilson" and PenguinPal had a great suggesion about using symbols and numbers (just don't use anything obvious like tennis#1)
Myself when I change a password I grab whatever book is handy, randomly pick a page and merge 2 words into one and toss in a number or symbol. I live with a rooomate who is not into webkinz and we don't have alot of company. So in my case it's fairly safe to write the password down. Even if somoene found it, they wouldn't know what it belonged to. But if you live with other people or siblings or have people who might misuse your password, either don't write it down, or put it in a VERY safe place like have your mom or dad suggest a place. I know it might sound lame but a safe place might be in a book that people would find boring like an encyclopedia, or maybe in the freezer. If you have nosey friends they are going to look through places like your diary but aren't likely to pick up an encyclopdia or go rummaging through your freezer.
Good luck!
Old 12-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #16
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

Yes, I've heard of a lot of problems like this. All of these tips are correct, and be sure to follow them
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Old 12-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #17

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Unhappy Re: Please help and let us know what we can do to prevent from being hacked

View Post Originally Posted by Lizzy
I never buy codes on e-bay for just that reason...if they send you the code through the e-mail, they still have the original code, and can access your account with it. All they have to know is your user name...

Correction to this info, you cannot access an account with out the password.
****If you have a code you still cannot get into that account without the other info such as: DOB, users real name, pets secret code, email address & anything else that is on the paper you print out when the account adopted first pet. If someone gets into an account it is because they were given the password.

another user He posted a contest this week and said first to pm wins his account. my daughter won it and has been playing on it ever since. I told her that if she couldn't get in all of a sudden that the person took it back. (he was kicked off here so now we cannot contact him to get the other info) also if she has a problem we could get it fixed. So at anytime if he saved/has his info, he can do that. granted he did give it away but she is taking the chance. We know it is a boy by the name and all the boy pets and the mod said HE was suspended for improper contest & we had no idea until that night, when I checked mail here. So beware it does not take much, kids share info all the time, and others are paying more attention then you think just to get those passwords. If they play at school you should stop that too, info is not removed so everyone can get that. one parent said the teacher had a list of the kids names and passes next to the computer just so they could remember and someone in the class copied them all and took everyones stuff, and they still don't know who it was.
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 12-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #18
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Thank you so much, everyone! I found some really great informations that I never even though about before! I know you can never feel 100% secured, but I also found out there are so many things you can do to avoid the worst situation. If anyone else knows anything else we can do, please let us know! I am sure this will help everybody here not just me! Thanks again!!
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 12-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #19
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

Don't leave your secert code any where a friend can find it, Don't tell your friend your password, Don't tell ANYONE your password or secret code, that is mostly it.
Amymt is offline Female
Old 12-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #20
mml1997 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow i thought it was only rumors. I don't want to get hacked ethier i mean i have 59 webbies. including :el1::husky:
Closed