Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
Abz
ay! I'm a ...
Webkinz :)

Abz is a jewel in the roughAbz is a jewel in the rough

Default Unanswered: Please help! I am in desperate need of it!

Hi.

I have a really big problem, and it is ruining my life!

I have a phobia of tattoos, and it is ruinging my life! I am scared when m family wants to go out somewhere incase we pass a tattoo studio. I am even worried about my holiday in Spain!!!

Please help me! I dont know what to do!!!!
Abz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #2
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

Default Re: Please help! I am in desperate need of it!

Maybe go to therapy or something?? (:
Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

How about you try to get used to it? Or go to theraphy and get help? You will be fine, they won't hurt you so you have no reason to worry. You can also go on the Internet and fin dout information so you can get help and read what can help.
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
Gifted

frostfur has disabled reputation

Wait... you're not getting a tatoo, are you? cause if not, don't worry about it...

Therapy may help, or like MarielofRedwall said, look on the internet for something that may help you get over it...
Old 07-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #5

Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!Dudeness is not just visiting!

Hello there!
I am sorry what you are going through. Your not the only one. People are pretty scared of things like that. Including I am scared of old black and white pictures. *sighs*
One thing that they don't do, is that they didn't hurt you or do anything. It's just ink like on paper.
You can go to therapy too. Or you could get over your fear by acting really strong. When you are driving and you see a shop, just don't look. Pretend it's not there. Same with tattoos. Just don't look. Be strong.
I know what your going through. I am pretty scared of elevators, heights, old things, and those pictures.
Seems pretty silly? People have VERY silly things that they are scared of.
There is nothing to be scared of. Just act strong.

Last edited by Dudeness; 07-10-2009 at 11:34 AM..
Dudeness is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #6
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

Yeah. It's hard to get past phobias sometimes. The best thing to do is confront them. Think "Why am I scared of this?" or "Will they hurt me?" Then confront them. Tattoos are just like paint on skin. They aren't going to consume your family in the middle of the night. You'll be fine. Sometimes, you can just not look at them. . .or imagine a loved one in each one. . .
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #7
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

I am so sorry to hear about this !!! Maybe therapy as others suggested could help you. Also maybe talking to your close Family could help too!!! Try not to worry too much !!! I think you are very brave for talking about this to us !!! You also have your Webkinz Insider Family her to help you too !!!! Good Luck !! Let us know if you need anymore help !!!
mom w charm is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Have you talked to your family about this? They might be able to help. Phobias may seem irrational, but can be dealt with rationally. I have a terrible phobia of heights, and usually avoid them, but sometimes I force myself to go with a 'safe person' and confront that fear, ie. going to the top floor of a building and looking out the window. It can be taken in small steps. You'll get braver with each step.
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
oo hoo! I ♥ my

kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!kcbkat is the cats pajamas!

I'm so sorry to hear that tattoos upset you! We all have different fears. Maybe, and I don't know if this is a good idea or not mind you, maybe you could have someone find pictures of tattoos that you might think are pretty or cute. Like kittens or bufferflies maybe. Then it wouldn't seem so scary.

I went to our local zoo and there were these very scary looking turkey vultures hanging out. I looked up info on them on wikipedia and found out why they do some of the things they do (that were scaring me frankly!). I learned about them and then they weren't so scary after all. I still avoid them however!!

Good luck! I hope you feel better. And try not to let any of this ruin your lovely trip!
kcbkat is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
ebaday

Alright.....well think about WHY? Why do you not like them? Then think about - why do I not like that? I am sure therapy or talking to parents will help.
Closed