Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Dilly71
Webkinz :)

Dilly71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Please explain to me how to trade...

I've been to the trading room in the clubhouse, but whenever I try to trade with anyone they are already trading with someone else or I get a message that says I have already traded with them. What is the proper procedure?
Dilly71 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 01:16 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Default Re: Please explain to me how to trade...

I often find it easiest just to wait until someone invites me. If you don't want to wait, take a look around the room to see who is not trading with anyone (you can tell by the little arrows above a pet's head). Run your cursor over that pet, and its name will appear. Then click on one of the trading tables, and it will give you a list of who is in the room. Find the name you're looking for, check the box for that name, then click invite. Hopefully that person will respond and you can start trading. Sometimes you have to try a few times because that particular person may have started a new trade while you're trying to invite him/her. Also, don't try to invite someone you have already traded with, as you can only trade once with a person in the room. Hope that helps.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 05:51 AM   #3
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

Ritzcracker gave a very good explanation of this. (Rep point for Ritz!)

I sometimes find it a bit frustrating myself, waiting for someone to open up to trade. Especially with the Kinzplus though, if you are able to trade in that clubhouse, you can watch what the other traders are saying to each other while you are waiting for someone to free up to trade. That will give you an idea of what kind of items they are interested in. You can do the same thing in the regular clubhouse; the communication is just more limited. This can be pretty interesting sometimes. And it will help you figure out which person in the room you want to trade with first.

But do look for the little arrows--that will tell you who is trading and who is free. And you can get the pets names by putting your cursor over the pet. Then you'll know whom to invite to trade.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
Gifted

allton will become famous soon enough

Hi Dilly 71!

I had extremely poor luck in the trading room myself. I'm sorry that you experiencing the same thing. I applied and went through the training to become a Gift Trainee here on WI, and I can tell you trading is enjoyable!!! All of the trading is done on WW, but it is safe and you KNOW that you are going to get the items you would like to have. There are only three stipulations to become gifted - you must be a member more than two weeks (of WI), you post have posted over fifty "good" posts, and you must go through the training, which lasts approximately a month (but you are trading while you are training. It really is worth the effort.

Here are two links that will help you with the process if you are interested. The first one, bu Gingerly, explains how to make "good" posts. The second thread, by Missy K, is where you will post when you meet all of the qualifications and are ready to apply. (Be patient - a lot of people sign up, so it takes a week or two!)

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...11&postcount=1

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...99&postcount=1

Either way, I hope you start having good trading experiences!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #5
Gift Guru

Wina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to beholdWina is a splendid one to behold

Like Ritzcracker said - I also found it easier to wait for someone to invite me to trade.

I haven't been able to get in to the Clubhouse since KC Plus came back, but I assume it is still the same. Once you have the trade screen up, each person puts up things they want to trade and you click happy or sad faces to indicate that you do or don't want each item. You can trade up to 3 items each time.

I much prefer trading here on WI. You know you're getting a fair trade every time. I also like that I don't have to have my dock loaded with the things I might possibly trade like you would in the clubhouse.

WI uses the WI GEV (there is a link near the top of the page) to give a value to items. This ensures fair trading for all parties. It's great! I highly recommend the WI Gift Exchange!
Closed