Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Mrs803
Webkinz :)

Mrs803 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Unanswered: Planting and Watering issues

This glitch is not really that bad but in the long run it can be. I try to water all my plants but when i do sometimes the mouse hovers over them but it comes up with no action even when i go to rake it happens sometimes too. I don't know why it works 2 out of 3 times but sometimes it just never waters a plant and I'm clicking directly on top of it.
Mrs803 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
toricutie2000

toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!

Default Re: Planting and Watering issues

it sometimes does that & usually by next day is resolved. But if you haven't realized yet- YOU DO NOT have to water everyday! still will grow plants fine
Old 01-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
Coolhtw

HSophie has a spectacular aura about

If you go to a different room and come back or log out and the back in, this minor glitch will be fixed. This has been happening for as long as I can remember. As toricutie said, your plants will be fine. At worst, there will be a few weeds tomorrow which can be fixed by raking the plant.
HSophie is offline Female
Old 01-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
lena106

Clover'sgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a tomato plant that will not let us water, harvest, rake, inspect, move, or remove. This after many attempts of leaving and returning, logging off and on. It finally died after about 4 days of needing to be harvested. I know I can replant it if this glitch is ever resolved, but we're stuck with an ugly dead plant till it resolves itself. Any ideas?
Clover'sgirl is offline Female
Old 01-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

It seems to happen more often in a yard that has a lot of things in it, but every once in a while I have a plant that the system does not recognize. Walking out of the yard and then back in always solves the problem for me. But I don't water my plants so sometimes I do not know this has happened to one of my plants. I think that's the reason some of them get weeds.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 01-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
lena106

Clover'sgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a HUGE truck farm called kitchen garden with 48 vegetables, a scare crow, and a tractor. Could all this stuff contribute to our problem? We actually cut back by some 32 plants because it was just too much to be fun. You can see it on My Page.
Clover'sgirl is offline Female
Old 01-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

I have 2 huge gardens - one all strawberries [96] and one mixed [96].
Last week we had a stuck plant in each for 2 days.
Tried different browsers, restarts, nothing seemed to work.

Called Ganz & they said they could only remove ALL of a type of plant from a room [not an individual].
Since I planted 10 at a time, the harvests are daily & I didn't want to lose the income. We decided to move out the harvested strawberry plants each day to another yard until only the stuck strawberries remained, then we would call Ganz back to dock the errant strawberries. That way none of the growing cycle would be interrupted.
However, the major maintenance that night seemed to do the trick - one freed & was harvested the next day, the other was dead but diggable, so that saved the transplanting.

But I plan to keep that in mind in case it ever happens again.
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 01-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #8

loganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundloganace33 radiates beauty and kindness all around

I have 11 gardens, and 1 special garden with special pet food (jelly beans, collie seeds, donuts, lollipops, magic beans, and peppermint sticks). This happens to me once in a while. If you move all of the plants and items that are directly around the unmovable plant, then either 1) go to another room and back again, or 2) log off then back on again, or 3) wait until daily maintenance. The problem corrects itself with 95% of the problems. Once movable, move it to a section of the garden that has fewer items next to the plant. Never put more than 80 items in a room, and don't bother watering. It is not needed and a waste of time. Each of my 11 gardens have 60 to 80 plants each.
loganace33 is offline Male
Old 01-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #9
Look ma I'm a

Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!Alohapanda is not just visiting!

Hmm that is a problem! But you don't have to water your plants for them to stay alive and produce good crop. You just need to weed them.
Alohapanda is offline Female
Old 01-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #10

BSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with graceBSW44 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

We farm for a living!

We have 22 farms, with a total of 2138 plants! 2206 plants including backyard plants.
Gardening glitches aren't very welcome at our house, LOL, but, we have had few so far.

Occasionaly we have had to remove a plant back to the dock, and replant it. That usually fixes most everything. Switching rooms or loging in and out fixes garden issues too sometimes. And stuck or frozen plants can sometimes be fixed by leaving through a door and then coming back in through the door. And not using the map.

I would remove the plant and put it in another location if it were me.

Good info on Ganz gardening fixes Twizzlers, it is good to know. I have fortunatly never had to call over a gardening problem but, now at least I know what to expect if I ever do.

Last edited by BSW44; 01-04-2010 at 08:39 AM..
BSW44 is offline Female
Closed