Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
waterlily854
Webkinz :)

MetallicOrchid is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Picture help?

I've been trying to upload some of my rooms in the house thread, but can't seem to figure out how to do it. I get as far as taking the screenshot, editing it, saving it as a jpeg file and trying to upload it via the manage attachments. BUT I can't seem to get it to do it right, it'll only save it as an attached thumbnail. Whether I use a site like Tinypic or upload it straight from my computer it never comes up as a big picture like you see in all the other threads. What on earth am I doing wrong?

Ps. I've checked out all the links WI has on how to upload stuff and none of it works for me.
MetallicOrchid is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by elymic
View Post Originally Posted by MetallicOrchid
I've been trying to upload some of my rooms in the house thread, but can't seem to figure out how to do it. I get as far as taking the screenshot, editing it, saving it as a jpeg file and trying to upload it via the manage attachments. BUT I can't seem to get it to do it right, it'll only save it as an attached thumbnail. Whether I use a site like Tinypic or upload it straight from my computer it never comes up as a big picture like you see in all the other threads. What on earth am I doing wrong?

Ps. I've checked out all the links WI has on how to upload stuff and none of it works for me.
Try this:
1) Click on the thumbnail. It will open into a large picture.

2) right-click on the large picture and click "copy"

3) click on the back button to return to your post.

4) Open the post by clicking "modify"

5) Put the cursor where you want the picture, right-click, and "paste"

If that does not work, it could be that your picture is too large (there is a maximum width of 600 pixels) Try to reduce your picture's pixels using the resizer in paint or in another program... (keeping the height to with ratio intact)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
e all love

pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum
pandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forumpandapuddin rocks the forum

Default Re: Picture help?

What I do is make an album with all of my house pictures(make sure it is private if you want it exclusively on your house thread). Then open another tab to your house thread. Copy the BB code ( it might be the image URL I don't remember ) into your house thread.

That is what I do I don't use Tinypic

Last edited by pandapuddin; 10-03-2011 at 07:43 PM..
Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
WIGEV Team Member

elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity
elymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacityelymic has reached maximum rep capacity

View Post Originally Posted by MetallicOrchid

Try this:
1) Click on the thumbnail. It will open into a large picture.

2) right-click on the large picture and click "copy"

3) click on the back button to return to your post.

4) Open the post by clicking "modify"

5) Put the cursor where you want the picture, right-click, and "paste"

If that does not work, it could be that your picture is too large (there is a maximum width of 600 pixels) Try to reduce your picture's pixels using the resizer in paint or in another program... (keeping the height to with ratio intact)

Last edited by elymic; 10-03-2011 at 07:47 PM..
elymic is offline Female
Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

It is best if you save the picture as a Gif, png or Jpeg (jpg) file. If you save it as a bitmap it takes up way too much space,
Since you have the rudiments of the saving the picture and knowing how to locate it I can tell you how to get the picture uploaded from Tinypic
First go here > TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Browse your files to find the picture you want to use, click on the picture and then click upload
(You will see a 'Capcha' image and you have to do that correctly first. It is usually two words or number combinations)
Click the image to open in full size.
Once your picture uploads copy the last link and paste it into your picture box located above the text box.
Click the image to open in full size.

Make sure that if you are putting in more than one picture that you leave a space or two between them so that you don't stretch out the page.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

Good luck on your pictures!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
waterlily854

MetallicOrchid is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone! I'll try them now, hopefully I'll get one to work. :p I'm not technically savvy so we'll see.

I appreciate the help!
MetallicOrchid is offline Female
Closed