Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #51
Webkinz :)
webkinzgirli545 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Pet without a tag from Walgreens..

Oh! I feel so bad! I haven't ever had that happen to me but i have a suggestion. Print the page that says if your pet does not come with a code then its the stores responsibility. Bring that to the store along with the webkinz you got without the code, and ask to speak to the manager of the walgreens. How did they scan it anyways?
webkinzgirli545 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #52

bbstinger will become famous soon enough

I was at a book store in the mall and they had over a dozen webkinz without tags! I tried to tell the asst manager, but she didn't care! She said the "teenagers" rip them off (tags?) all the time and she dosen't have time to check them, it a waste of her time! I have made sure that I no longer shop in that store. If they don't care, who does? I look at every webkinz now, I also learned the hard way, no one cares, just as long as they get their $$$. I hope you can get Walgreens to stand up and do something for you. Good LUCK
I think GANZ should seal the webkinz in a plastic bag, so no one can steal the tags

Last edited by bbstinger; 01-26-2009 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: after thought
bbstinger is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #53
Look world I'm
Gift Guru

marileemed is just really nicemarileemed is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Jessi4805
Update:

I finally got back to the store that I bought the pet from. Luckily the mean manager I spoke to on the phone was not there. It was a different manager I have never met. He took it back without question and apologized there wasn't another one I could exchange it for! I learned my lesson and will be much more careful with checking to make sure all the tags are there next time. Can't wait till they get their next shipment in so my daughter and I can pick out a replacement.
I just saw your thread and wanted to say I am glad you went back. I have gone to my nearby Walgreens to picked up some meds and gotten 2 webkinz one day. I was in a hurry to get back home to take my meds and didn't scrutinize them for tags. When I got home and was settled down I pulled out the webkinz to find each one was missing one of its tags. I looked at my receipt and called the store to tell them what had happened. They were very nice about it and I was able to get 2 more (not the ones I wanted) with both tags. I would even go so far as to say if one store didn't take it back try another Walgreens. They are on every corner

Be sure to inspect all WEBKINZ from any store. I have found them missing tags at JC Penneys and at Tuesday Mornings and Big Lots. I agree with BBstinger, Ganz should seal the Webkinz in a bag.

Last edited by marileemed; 01-26-2009 at 10:39 AM..
marileemed is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #54
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by bbstinger
I was at a book store in the mall and they had over a dozen webkinz without tags! I tried to tell the asst manager, but she didn't care! She said the "teenagers" rip them off (tags?) all the time and she dosen't have time to check them, it a waste of her time! I have made sure that I no longer shop in that store. If they don't care, who does? I look at every webkinz now, I also learned the hard way, no one cares, just as long as they get their $$$. I hope you can get Walgreens to stand up and do something for you. Good LUCK
I think GANZ should seal the webkinz in a plastic bag, so no one can steal the tags
People will find a way to get the tags anyway. I have gotten an article of clothing where someone had gone in and taken the tag and I also got a bottle of spray without a tag. The clothing I got on Ebay and the person was not a regular Webkinz dealer so she didn't know but she gave me something else. I got the spray when I was not so familiar with things and I didn't know where to look for the tag. Now when I buy something like that which is sealed in a package I make sure I can see the tag inside.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #55
Empsturr

Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them and how they got it solved..

Today I bought two lil kinz at Walgreens. When I got home I noticed the lil St. Bernard was missing the code tag. It had the W cares tag so I didn't notice in the store. I called my Walgreen's store to ask them to hold the other St. Bernard (only had 2 on the shelf) they had so I could come back and exchange it. The store manager told me they won't accept returns or exchanges of webkinz items by order of the manufacter.

Now, right on the WW site, it says "If your Webkinz did not come with a tag containing the secret code, please take it back to the retailer you purchased it from. It is the retailer's responsibility to ensure each pet comes with a tag."

I am so upset. I know I should have checked while I was in the store but I was trying to get finished because it was busy and I had other places to go. Tomorrow I am going to call the corporate office for walgreens and try and find some answers. I'm considering calling Ganz but what are they going to do when they tell you that it is the store's responsiblity. My daughter will be so disapointed and I don't have the extra money to just go and buy another pet.

Aww.
Thats what Happend to my sister.
i would give you a code...
but i dont think i can.
Im sorry.
My sisters was a cow, at target with no code.
she was dissapointed because Cows are her favorite animals...
Old 01-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #56
I ♥ Pink
Gifted

kelbel75 has a spectacular aura about

Update:

I finally got back to the store that I bought the pet from. Luckily the mean manager I spoke to on the phone was not there. It was a different manager I have never met. He took it back without question and apologized there wasn't another one I could exchange it for! I learned my lesson and will be much more careful with checking to make sure all the tags are there next time. Can't wait till they get their next shipment in so my daughter and I can pick out a replacement.

Well thank god that 1st manager was not on duty. I'm glad to hear that another manager helped you and your daughter. Sorry there was not a replacement but at least you didn't have to deal with someone who didn't care to help you.
kelbel75 is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #57
puppyloves

return it. sorry it happened. maybe email ganz.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #58
hat Remains.

MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

It is the retailer's responsibility, but if they say "Too bad", you can't march into the store and demand an exchange.

What you can (and is legal for you to do) is to go to the retailer's website, and submit a complaint.

If you don't get a response, try sending out a email bomb to Walgreen's company executives.

You can find a list of them, and their emails with Google/Yahoo Finance
MysticMist is offline Male
Old 01-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #59
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Wallgreens has signed a contract, saying that somewhere in it. The rule Ganz made is bring it back...if they don't refund it then I'd call Ganz.
lexi18216 is offline Female
Closed