Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #31
Webkinz :)

Pinky Sue has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: pet went through wash with tag on it! help!

I have to guess it would be cheaper to buy a new zum and have twins than buy a tag on e-bay.
I'm sure your store will get some more as now I see them everywhere.
I'm sorry this happened but I agree some dishonest people have made it so they can't trust our stories to be true, sadly. My last attempt, you've got nothing to lose, is to send in the washed tag, maybe accompanied by a picture of your son with all his Webkinz (so they know you've spent good money) and that would be my last attempt. Yes, I realize someone could even wash a used tag on purpose but it is worth a try. I'm sure you can find another one, even though it is a bummer to spend more money. My daughter got a duplicate as a gift and she loves having twin stuffed animals. Good Luck.
Yes, and out of curiosity how did the Zum look after being washed? Just so us moms (and others) know if we can wash them when they get so dirty.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #32
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

pinky sue, I remember a thread once about washing the webkinz. I remember the one big problem was with the long fur webkinz, like the collie. The fur gets all crinkled up and mattted from the heat of the dryer. So they need to be dried with low heat, and brushed. The most important thing is to be sure the webkinz stuffing is thoroughly dry, or mold could grow.
mimzysmom is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #33

jep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledgejep624 flows towards the sea of knowledge

If the tag is still attached to the Zumbuddy, then take a picture of that, showing it was never used. I once bought a outfit (ballet) and didnt' realized till I got home that someone open the pack a bit and stole the code, my Mom call and was told there was nothing they can do, they don't have any new code there.
jep624 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #34
kayemilam

cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!

I like to cut off the tags and put them either 1) in my coin purse or 2) my top middle dresser drawer. If more than one pet, I write in ink on the tag the type of fuzzy animal.

I have panicked when I could not recall where I put tags, so now I only put them TWO places.

AFTER I register my pets, I put them in my suitcase in a zipper compartment - it is rarely used and I keep special things in it. I have also used a ziplock baggie for my code tags AND - good idea from another friend of mine - started a spreadsheet with codes on them after a stack of them got tossed out.

So sorry to hear this happened. you poor dears. BIG HUG HUG -- keep trying Ganz, agree with digital camera thing - just try... and ask nice but repeat... also include your webkinz name - and how many pets that you have... that must hold SOME weight!

View Post Originally Posted by mimzysmom
pinky sue, I remember a thread once about washing the webkinz. I remember the one big problem was with the long fur webkinz, like the collie. The fur gets all crinkled up and mattted from the heat of the dryer. So they need to be dried with low heat, and brushed. The most important thing is to be sure the webkinz stuffing is thoroughly dry, or mold could grow.
I have bath slippers that are hard to dry - so I put them on a kitchen towel and rotate them - in front of the icebox / refrigerator vent at the bottom - which flows constant warm air. You could also try that method if you have warm (but not HOT) air flowing from floor heating vents... it would provide constant or frequent warm air flow to dry it completely.

Takes my slippers about 3 days to dry through to the insides.

Last edited by cindyscottage; 12-11-2009 at 12:06 PM..
cindyscottage is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #35
bugaboomiller

bugaboomiller is on a distinguished road

The zum washed very well. It still looked like new.
bugaboomiller is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #36
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

Or you could put them on the vents in your house. I dry EVERYTHING in the winter on my vents, from gloves to wet boots (turned upside down for the insides to dry). Warm air is always coming out of those vents all day and night! Zums should dry in no time!
NR1991 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #37
Gift Guru

wyatt061 has disabled reputation

Sorry, ganz doesn't usually give new codes. It is amazing what we wash in our washers.
wyatt061 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #38
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

Very sorry about that.
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 12-12-2009, 06:13 AM   #39

Frappie has disabled reputation

Do you have a local college or chemical company? Or forensics department in the crime devision? Try them, the chemistry experts may have a way, you may need to provide a used code or two for them to test with, but I'm sure they'd have fun figuring it out, us geeks are weird like that
Closed