Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
bugaboomiller
Webkinz :)

bugaboomiller is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Unanswered: pet went through wash with tag on it! help!

My son has been sleeping with hiz new zum and it got tangled in his sheets and washed with code on it. I had not removed and entered it yet. I can't read the code since it when through wash.

I was wondering if there was a way for me to contact ganz to send them the code so they can see that it was washed so we could get a new code. My son is going to cry!
bugaboomiller is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
ho is Tinker?
Gifted

florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!

Default Re: pet went through wash with tag on it! help!

How tragic! The ganz contact info is here: Contact Ganz - Webkinz Insider Wiki

I anticipate that Ganz will not be very helpful but it is worth a try. You might want to just tell them that you can't read the code and leave it at that. You may have to send it back to them or take it back to the retailer.

Good luck.
florida is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #3

knittinjo is a name known to allknittinjo is a name known to allknittinjo is a name known to all

I am so sorry that your son lost his code, and I really don't mean to be rude, but did it wash up well??? Oh come on now, I can't be the only one who wants to know?? I am sorry and hope Ganz will help you out...
knittinjo is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

Oh, I am so sorry this has happened to you!! We had that happen with a code left in a pants pocket. Luckily it was already entered, but my DD was so upset because it was her Timber Wolf code! I do not think Ganz will be very understanding, but it is definitely worth a phone call even to ask if they have any advice for you( you may have better luck saying it that way!). As a last resort, could you buy your son another zum?
NR1991 is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

take a picture of the ruined code (because they aren't very helpful if they don't have proof) and email it to them and they may be able to help. if they don't, just keep on emailing.

hope he gets his code back

-pup5115
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
bugaboomiller

bugaboomiller is on a distinguished road

I am very disappointed in Ganz! I called them because trying to email them using customer support is impossible. They told me there is nothing they can do. I wanted to mail it to them so they could see it was washed. Verify it had not been used by bar code on back. I can't get another zum because it was the last yellow one they had. I live in a rural area and it was found by luck! He is going to be so upset! I have looked on ebay to get just a code but none listed for Zana.

I have spent a fortune on webkinz and the least they could of done is help me out. He is going to be so upset! Gees how much would it have cost them to issue us a new code!

Make sure you learn from me cut off the tag immediately!
bugaboomiller is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #7
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I am so sorry they would not help you, but the bar code on the back would not help them to know it had not been used since it is not unique to a particular plush. But if I were you I would call again and ask to speak to a supervisor. Perhaps they might help you and it's worth a try.
marnabear is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
anna decorate?
Gifted

Symphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with graceSymphonie wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I have always worked in customer service so stories like this always frustrate the *expletive* out of me!! But at the same time I see both sides of the story. Sad to say there are 'bad' people (for lack of a better word) out there who would logon a pet, mess-up the tag, then come up with a fake sob story to try to get another code to sell on ebay or something... these types of people ruin things for all of us good, innocent people (which I believe almost every member of are truly GOOD people from what I have experienced here!!!)
I agree with a previous poster, try calling one more time and ask to speak with a supervisor. Take photos of the damaged tag... don't give up after just one call!!

good luck!
Symphonie is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #9

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

View Post Originally Posted by bugaboomiller
I am very disappointed in Ganz! I called them because trying to email them using customer support is impossible. They told me there is nothing they can do. I wanted to mail it to them so they could see it was washed. Verify it had not been used by bar code on back. I can't get another zum because it was the last yellow one they had. I live in a rural area and it was found by luck! He is going to be so upset! I have looked on ebay to get just a code but none listed for Zana.

I have spent a fortune on webkinz and the least they could of done is help me out. He is going to be so upset! Gees how much would it have cost them to issue us a new code!

Make sure you learn from me cut off the tag immediately!
Try calling again...and again... Many people have found that some reps are far more helpful than others, so if you keep trying, you may find someone a bit more helpful, or else ask to speak to a supervisor. Don't give up yet!
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

is there no way to save it? if it was in the protective still, take it out, gently open it while it is wet and it should still be readable??
Closed