Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
Webkinz :)
RornDoone will become famous soon enough

Default Answered: Pet, eStore items trapped in non-loading room

OMG. If cake is "Major," I have a stinkin' 911.

Tonight I have one entire room that will not load. Inside, it has trapped my WebKinz Phoenix, Trixi, and over 50,000 points of eStore items. Now, trying to load that room always freezes halfway, and I must F5 out and log back in before anything else will respond either. I think I know what went wrong. I think I put too many "animated" Tea Party items in one room. Then I threw in the Tea Party rug, and it was the proverbial final straw. The rug -- and the room -- never loaded again. Perhaps a flaw in the design of the Tea Party, if one room can't seem to handle it. Now that I know that, I can't even get IN to take some stuff OUT. Worse, if I can't find a way to rescue her, my Phoenix Trixi will be lost forever.

I've only been playing since Jan 2010, and I've had some pretty substantial glitches that never get addressed and seem to be happening only to me. How does one "call Ganz?" I see it mentioned and suggested now and then. Is there a technical support department??? Because I KNOW that things disappear in other ways than "someone has your password," but the Ganz party line says that's the ONLY way stuff can disappear. And nowhere on WW or its "read" files posts a link OR phone number for extra help.

[And PLEEEZE don't tell me it's in the WIKI. I'm absolutely 100% sure it is! I swear this site's WIKI has more content than the U.S. Tax Code, but try and sift through it -- same result. Searching doesn't help. It brings up too many results to read all, but none look useful by scanning the intros. There is apparently a secret somewhere, and sadly I just don't get it. Guess that makes me a WI Outsider, or perhaps just .]
Best Answer - Posted by RornDoone
Yay!! Don't know what they did, but I got into the locked-out room, evacuated my dear trapped Phoenix as well as 1/2 of the Tea Party's animated objects, and created a separate room for that second half of the Tea Party items (just in case). Now all is quite well and good in my room(s). I suggest other folks with locked up rooms try now, after this fix, to get into that room again. This is the fastest WW has run for me EVER!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

Default Re: Pet, eStore items trapped in non-loading room

RornDoone

this is the link to the contact ganz page at the wiki

Contact Ganz - Webkinz Insider Wiki

BUT I am thinking you're stuck til Monday - It's Christmas and I am trying to remember if Ganz answers their phones on the weekend especially the tech support

I really feel bad about your phoenix - I have a room similar to yours but" just" my reindeer is in it - again hope you can get your room fix - I'd like to hear how it works out
Happy Holiday Barb
Old 12-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by RornDoone

Tonight I have one entire room that will not load. Inside, it has trapped my WebKinz Phoenix, Trixi, and over 50,000 points of eStore items. Now, trying to load that room always freezes halfway, and I must F5 out and log back in before anything else will respond either. I think I know what went wrong. I think I put too many "animated" Tea Party items in one room. Then I threw in the Tea Party rug, and it was the proverbial final straw. The rug -- and the room -- never loaded again. Perhaps a flaw in the design of the Tea Party, if one room can't seem to handle it. Now that I know that, I can't even get IN to take some stuff OUT. Worse, if I can't find a way to rescue her, my Phoenix Trixi will be lost forever.

I've only been playing since Jan 2010, and I've had some pretty substantial glitches that never get addressed and seem to be happening only to me. How does one "call Ganz?" I see it mentioned and suggested now and then. Is there a technical support department??? Because I KNOW that things disappear in other ways than "someone has your password," but the Ganz party line says that's the ONLY way stuff can disappear. And nowhere on WW or its "read" files posts a link OR phone number for extra help.

[And PLEEEZE don't tell me it's in the WIKI. I'm absolutely 100% sure it is! I swear this site's WIKI has more content than the U.S. Tax Code, but try and sift through it -- same result. Searching doesn't help. It brings up too many results to read all, but none look useful by scanning the intros. There is apparently a secret somewhere, and sadly I just don't get it. Guess that makes me a WI Outsider, or perhaps just .]
good luck and god bless.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
meowwich

meow with me will become famous soon enough

I can give you ganz phone number it is 1-888-818-8770
meow with me is offline Female
Old 12-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #5

Meow with Me -- Thanks for the number (ummmm. . . it's not going to be to something weird like some disreputable business or the local pizzeria, is it? Sorry, just a leeeetle paranoid.)

lazygal -- Thank-you for your general cameraderie. Never underestimate the power of a simple kind word.

bankokyankee -- Wow. Your encouragement and the knowledge that you've had a similar issue totally calmed me down in the few seconds it took to read your reply. Just in case you didn't know you have that gift, well, you do; and you just shared it with me. Thank-you immeasurably. And I will try them but will not expect answer until Monday (or later, considering the holiday).

I'll keep every1 posted.

Yep. It's the same number as in the WIKI link. Sorry for doubting, Meow, and thank-you for your helpful and direct response.

Last edited by RornDoone; 12-25-2010 at 04:00 PM..
Old 12-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
meowwich

meow with me will become famous soon enough

Yor are very welcome, I am glad to help although they will not be in until Monday. Good luck in getting every thing fixed. I can not even log in today.
meow with me is offline Female
Old 12-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
johnsonbuckrun

kinzvillerocker is an unknown quantity at this point

Lightbulb Re: Pet, eStore items trapped in non-loading room

View Post Originally Posted by RornDoone

happened to my brothers outdoor room! he filled up the whole room with gardening seeds! then it locked up, he logged out, and then could not access that room! it made him enter a different item, luckily, but if he tries to load it, to this day, it locks up.
Also, the Ganz CS Phone number is 1-866-WEBKINZ (1-866-932-5469)

Last edited by kinzvillerocker; 12-26-2010 at 04:40 PM..
kinzvillerocker is offline Male
Old 12-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
He Reigns

btvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonder

Your not the only one. I am unable to get into one room since last week. I am not sure what is causing it, but it loads half way and then freezes. I also had windows in that room that disappeared last week. So don't feel you are the only one. I am going to call Ganz on Monday...Good luck with this issue.
btvs49 is offline Female
Old 12-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #9

I'm thinkin' the technological infrastructure of the site may be too weak to support all the millions of users. It's completely possible that the existing cyber-resources may just simply be overwhelmed/overloaded. The glitches where the actual site is suddenly incapable of running what used to be ordinary operations, or runs them too slowly to be any fun, or lets common objects disappear from accounts, or the object/pet from the room you left suddenly shows up in the room you're entering, or a simple WW drizzle causes the whole outdoor room to freeze up -- these problems seem to be steadily increasing in frequency and number over the time I've been playing on WW. To me, it seems like some of the core decision-makers may not want to shell out for a definitive fix, like upgrading a server or something. The site does the same types of things that an outmoded home computer would do when its memory or CPU is insufficient for the increasing demands that progressive technology place on it. Some time soon, it crashes, taking your almost-perfected school project or some other labor-intensive work down with it. It always happens that way, and looking back you realize that you saw the signs along the way -- errors in basic performance -- but rationalized them away until it was too late. I hope that's not the case here. I soooo hope they don't intend to just let the site run like it is (or with temporary, insufficient "patches"), for as long as it will run like that, making as much money as they can until it completely crashes and then walking away. WW is too fun for an ending like that, and I'm so attached to my WebKinz that it would be seriously heartbreaking. Even the prospect of losing Trixi to this latest glitch has had me a bit down these last few days. I can't imagine losing all 65+ of them. Just the time I've spent detailing each room to fit their character has been considerable. Heck, next I'd have to go to hoarding cats or some completely crazy nonsense. I'm sure the world is a much safer place with all my considerable insanity contained inside WW!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #10

pantherpaw92 is a splendid one to beholdpantherpaw92 is a splendid one to beholdpantherpaw92 is a splendid one to beholdpantherpaw92 is a splendid one to behold

I too have been having a similar issue since Christmas. Everytime I tried to get into 'My Room' with my newly adopted Minty Moose, it would load half way and then lock up. I have been able to access 'My Room' though with a different pet selected. Once in my room I started searching for my poor lost Moose, and it is my opinion that he got dumped into the outdoor room I have, that has a lot of animated items in it, since this is the only room I can't seem to get into right now. This has only been happening since Christmas day, so i was kinda hoping it had something to do with all the extra people on there. Fingures crossed!
pantherpaw92 is offline Female
Closed