Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #11
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Parent Reassurance? Help:(

Why don't you invite your parents to open an account too. I know several people that have their accounts and they actually communicate with their parents on here too. Let them read all the rules too. Personal info is a big big no no on here.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #12
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

My parents are internet safety FREAKS! So how have I remained on so long? I let them read through the FAQs and policy statements about WI, I let them browse around the forum, and I promised that I know and am aware that there are bad people on the internet, and so I should never ever give out personal information.

Those are my tips. Your parents really just want to make sure you're safe, so just show them things that will convince them that this is probably the safest forum on the internet.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

The best thing to do is to ask your parents to both visit the site, there are all age groups here and they might actually enjoy visiting with other members. I think once they look around they will be more than happy that you spend your time here. Be sure to show them some of your favorite threads then go do something else while they look around so they can talk to each other freely and discuss any concerns they may have. Once they check out the site you will be better able to discuss the site together and honestly I don't think they will ban you from coming here as long as you follow the guidelines in the rules you will be safe.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
Webkinz :)

PeaceGurl is an unknown quantity at this point

Ask your parents to make an account on WI, maybe just called HorseParents or something like that, then let them see if they think if it safe!
PeaceGurl is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #15
L E A H ! !

Lelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonder

You should tell them to get a username here on WI, and check what you say, or have it E-mailed to them.
Lelex13 is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #16
Gifted

pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!pfeagans01 is not just visiting!

I had a similar situation, but-it had nothing to do with my parents, it had to do with my DH. When I first began using this site, he was pretty curious..he was always asking me "who are you talkng to", "what are you writing", "blah-blah"-stuff like that...I pretty much forced him to look around this site for himself, &, ya know what? He has NEVER mentioned it to me since!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
catbuster101
catbuster is a jewel in the roughcatbuster is a jewel in the rough

i think if you let them look around the site a little and show them this WebkinzInsider.Com Webkinz Forum - Forum Rules http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ease-no-13455/ http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...r-users-90078/ just let them read this and I am sure that they will allow you to be on the site as much as you want.
catbuster is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #18

jstangle has a spectacular aura about

I'm so sory your parents think WI isn't a safe place! You could show them the staff's profiles, your profile, your posts, show them around like the RP section, and your favorite sections. Let them read through the rules, and tell them you aren't going to reveal personal information. Show them this thread: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...y-kids-510729/ and how JacksMom edited the age of her daughter. It is very safe. Good luck!
jstangle is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #19
jnmommy
Gifted

baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!baxjul is the cats pajamas!

I'm a mom. I let my dd on here to look around, because I feel it is really very safe. I would just let her come on and check it out. Also, a way is to let her know your username, and password, so that she can check every once in a while and see what is going on. Good luck!
baxjul is offline Female
Old 05-29-2009, 08:25 PM   #20
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

Thanks a bunch everyone I'll let them look around...probably tomorrow when we are all home
lilhorselover is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange