Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
iscream247
Webkinz :)

bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!

Default Re: Outraged customer, no answer from GANZ.

Sorry Jadewarlock, I am not trying to be rude, but I do disagree with much of your post. If no one complains, how does Ganz know we are unhappy. The US is probably the biggest market for their toys. This is a for profit firm, and Webkinz are more than likely thier biggest money maker. They will continue to do contests because they want us to continue to buy their product. Contests are, admittedly just part of the WW charm, but an important one. We all look forward to them. I can't imagine a company that depends on their customers being happy would think "If they are going to complain, we aren't going to cater and keep doing this". If anything they would think, "Whoops, we may lose some money here, how can we keep our important customers happy". I do agree that we all need to be civil, no yelling, no profanity, but we can certainly let them know in no uncertain terms, that we are unhappy. If anything, this will give them more reason to try and please the people that buy their product and make their profits. If Ganz had stated in the beginning that this was a contest for Canadians only, some of us may not have been as upset. I got up early, so I could participate in the Chipetts promotion. I tend to get doubly cheated as I live in one of the states that does not allow many of their promotions, so this was just one more slap in the face for me.

Last edited by bobo247; 04-02-2010 at 02:49 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #12
Sssssssssss......
Tyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by bobo247
Sorry Jadewarlock, I am not trying to be rude, but I do disagree with much of your post. If no one complains, how does Ganz know we are unhappy. The US is probably the biggest market for their toys. This is a for profit firm, and Webkinz are more than likely thier biggest money maker. They will continue to do contests because they want us to continue to buy their product. Contests are, admittedly just part of the WW charm, but an important one. We all look forward to them. I can't imagine a company that depends on their customers being happy would think "If they are going to complain, we aren't going to cater and keep doing this". If anything they would think, "Whoops, we may lose some money here, how can we keep our important customers happy". I do agree that we all need to be civil, no yelling, no profanity, but we can certainly let them know in no uncertain terms, that we are unhappy. If anything, this will give them more reason to try and please the people that buy their product and make their profits. If Ganz had stated in the beginning that this was a contest for Canadians only, some of us may not have been as upset. I got up early, so I could participate in the Chipetts promotion. I tend to get doubly cheated as I live in one of the states that does not allow many of their promotions, so this was just one more slap in the face for me.
Unfortunately, most people are never civil when they are upset. I'm willing to bet that most customers will simply rant and yell about all Ganz's problems to an employee who can't do anything about it anyway. I know that if I was being yelled at, I would certainly never host a contest ever again.

And what about all the other contests that have only been available to US residents? That's not "fair" to anyone else not living there........

Last edited by Tyrannus Rex; 04-02-2010 at 03:11 PM..
Tyrannus Rex is offline Male
Old 04-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #13
iscream247

bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!bobo247 is headed for the top!

I work with the public, unfortunately when many tend to be at their worst. If customer service reps are properly trained they are usually able to get an upset and often nasty customer back on track and smiling again, even if they are still unhappy with the final result. Yes, it takes a few minutes, and you really need to listen to what the person is saying and respond appropriately, but it is not difficult, as a rule, to calm people down and at least let them know someone is paying attention to their complaints.
Fortunately, the customer service reps at Ganz, do not get to decide wether or not to host a contest. It will be the people who determine how to make the money.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #14

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

Sorry Jadewarlock, I am not trying to be rude, but I do disagree with much of your post. If no one complains, how does Ganz know we are unhappy. The US is probably the biggest market for their toys. This is a for profit firm, and Webkinz are more than likely thier biggest money maker.
No, bobo, you're not being rude; however I also work with the public and have studied PR tactics (and use them on a daily basis), hence my posting originally. I also have a vast understanding of the business world of supply, demand and how businesses themselves work from stock to sale.

Quote:
They will continue to do contests because they want us to continue to buy their product. Contests are, admittedly just part of the WW charm, but an important one. We all look forward to them. I can't imagine a company that depends on their customers being happy would think "If they are going to complain, we aren't going to cater and keep doing this". If anything they would think, "Whoops, we may lose some money here, how can we keep our important customers happy".
The problem is we are all constantly complaining, and reading many of the posts here - including some boycott petitions (which were locked but still are public record mods ) to harm another business really do not shine a positive light on the customer.

Ganz as we've figured out reads this site as well as probably many other sites (would explain the reduction in modding in the clubhouse ), and some of their choices have reflected on that.

And - biggest thing of all that many people overlook - Ganz has already made money off the general public. The stores that sell the Webkinz have to BUY them from Ganz itself. Ganz already gets whatever money is made from the ordering of supplies for the stores. I know this because I worked in a concession stand for a big production, and we always had to order and pay for our supplies when we got new ones. We then in turn sold them for cost plus a bit more to make a profit.

Ganz quite frankly won't be harmed or lose any money - not so long as people buy stuff from e-store or stores order more pets from the company.

And - they make many other items and jewelry besides Webkinz that they won't go bankrupt and could conceivably just shut down if it got too far.

Quote:
I do agree that we all need to be civil, no yelling, no profanity, but we can certainly let them know in no uncertain terms, that we are unhappy. If anything, this will give them more reason to try and please the people that buy their product and make their profits. If Ganz had stated in the beginning that this was a contest for Canadians only, some of us may not have been as upset. I got up early, so I could participate in the Chipetts promotion. I tend to get doubly cheated as I live in one of the states that does not allow many of their promotions, so this was just one more slap in the face for me.
To be fair - Fox for some reason could've just up and changed their minds last moment before the contest. This has happened before. And - I do not understand this point totally, but didn't they have a rules listing on the site to begin with? If so - it has always been in the rules to begin with but people overlook the rules and regulations in favor of the flash and sizzle (the clicky buttons).

The only thing I can think of that Ganz could've done better was to just turn the offer down - though given they did one for the original Chipmunks movie, I feel they felt it had to be done with the Chippettes.

One plus though - they didn't (though couldn't due to copyright) make them e-Store.

Last edited by jadewarlock; 04-02-2010 at 08:28 PM..
Old 04-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #15
iscream247

Hello again Jadewarlock. I do realize that Ganz makes it's money from the businesses that buy their products to sell at a profit - but if people are angry enough not to buy, the businesses will not continue to order - hense loss of profit. Yes, Ganz produces some gift shop type items - but I do believe its meat and potatoes product is currently, by far, Webkinz. Any business that does not put the customer first is not going to do well in the long run. I believe Ganz as a company wants to continue to make large profits and will do what it takes to make their angry customers happy. Angry consumers = loss of profit in the long run!

Thank you - this has been a very interesting thread!
Old 04-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #16

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

Hello again Jadewarlock. I do realize that Ganz makes it's money from the businesses that buy their products to sell at a profit - but if people are angry enough not to buy, the businesses will not continue to order - hense loss of profit. Yes, Ganz produces some gift shop type items - but I do believe its meat and potatoes product is currently, by far, Webkinz. Any business that does not put the customer first is not going to do well in the long run. I believe Ganz as a company wants to continue to make large profits and will do what it takes to make their angry customers happy. Angry consumers = loss of profit in the long run!

Thank you - this has been a very interesting thread!
So far, with Ganz I've seen their name on several shared products as well - so while it may seem to be the meat and potatoes - it's really a smaller portion than one thinks. This is what I'm trying to show people via these posts. Plus, it really isn't Ganz's fault when a much larger company mandates the contest this way... though that could sadly be a cop out after the Sparkling Pegasus incident.

But really - I think we're all placing the blame on Ganz for something they don't have a choice with really. The timing of the release - which apparently was changed from a different date - could've seriously factored on how they had to do the contest. Problem is, we don't know and it looks like Ganz may not give a full explanation of what happened. That said, that could be more because of legal issues than anything else - something none of us can argue and win for that reason.

It's similar to people blaming Anchor Bay for the replacing of certain songs on the TV show "The Greatest American Hero." It actually was a choice by the creator of the show in order to save money and make the shows affordable for all their members (plus - royalty rules here are really ridiculous as all the original music is intact overseas). What is sad is that two of the episodes in that series are music related where the music is important. One case, the song that was replaced was not only crucial - the title of the song is still said in the episode.

But like "GAH," eventually people will realize that the company will do things that people don't agree with, but it's the love of the show (or here the Web site) that will have people continue to play.

IMHO - right now, the ONLY way they'll going to have trouble is if they start making everything e-Store or continue to make the great rare items in the princess and Persian themes (i.e. the beds and larger items) available ONLY to deluxe members. If the Chipettes and the sparkling pegasus complaints are not a wake up call for them, then they are in more trouble than any of the complaints here will ever show.

Last edited by jadewarlock; 04-03-2010 at 12:27 AM..
Old 04-03-2010, 01:03 AM   #17
The GTS Works!

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

The reason I was upset about this originally was that the ads said "for full contest rules, go to www.webkinznews.com/contests" and "click for details" but the rules were only available to be seen by the Canadian participants. We here in the US were not even able to view the rules (I guess since they didn't apply to us). However, we saw the ads on WW, so we thought we could play and win.

I believe Ganz was in the wrong for showing the ad to everyone if everyone couldn't participate. OR, alternatively, the rules should have been clearly posted for all to read so that we all knew we weren't eligible to begin with--BEFORE the contest started.

Now that I know we may be able to buy these in the Curio shop like the bee costume, I can calm down and relax. Between that and the generous WI contest, I'm sure I will be able to get these eventually. To be honest, I'm one of those who is secretly smiling thinking of all those people trading big for something that may soon be available in the curio shop for all to buy... So glad I wasn't one of them!
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bethany‚ô•