Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
R.I.P. Phillip :(
Gifted

cmkmom is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Opera Browswer users, I need help

I downloaded Opera today, to use as a browser because IE was giving me too many errors here at WI. WI always loaded so slow with IE and I can't believe how fast I can navigate this site now. It's amazing!

One question though....when I log into WW, I can't see the bottom of my screen. Kinzphone, mailbox, get items from storage button. What settings do I change, so that I can change the size of the screen? I've tried minimize and several other things and nothing is working. Thanks in advance.
cmkmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
Gift Guru
X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!

Default Re: Opera Browswer users, I need help

I think its F11 or F10..one of the "F"s lol
X.I.C. is offline Male
Old 07-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
Gifted

Woo Hoo, F11! Thank you, it worked. It hides the tabs, but I can live with that.
cmkmom is offline Female
Old 07-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
Gift Guru
X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!

Glad you got it to work =)
X.I.C. is offline Male
Old 07-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
Boudica

Question Re: Opera Browswer users, I need help

View Post Originally Posted by cmkmom
I downloaded Opera today, to use as a browser because IE was giving me too many errors here at WI. WI always loaded so slow with IE and I can't believe how fast I can navigate this site now. It's amazing!

One question though....when I log into WW, I can't see the bottom of my screen. Kinzphone, mailbox, get items from storage button. What settings do I change, so that I can change the size of the screen? I've tried minimize and several other things and nothing is working. Thanks in advance.
I don't use Opera but I'm now having the same problem on WW as you're having since I downloaded the latest version of Firefox. The reason is that there is now an address bar showing at the top of the WW page after you log in. It wasn't there on older versions of Firefox. I haven't found a way to get rid of it but I'm managing to navigate even though the bottom items are only partially visible now.

Does Opera also have an address bar showing at the top once you've logged in WW?
Old 07-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Boudica
I don't use Opera but I'm now having the same problem on WW as you're having since I downloaded the latest version of Firefox. The reason is that there is now an address bar showing at the top of the WW page after you log in. It wasn't there on older versions of Firefox. I haven't found a way to get rid of it but I'm managing to navigate even though the bottom items are only partially visible now.

Does Opera also have an address bar showing at the top once you've logged in WW?
An addressbar that you can type a URL into? Yes, it does, but there's a setting in "View" that you can remove it. I use it a lot though and so I want it showing. I can't believe how much Opera has helped me navigate WI! No more sitting here waiting for things to load. I thought it was my computer!!
cmkmom is offline Female
Old 07-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
Boudica

Unhappy Re: Opera Browswer users, I need help

View Post Originally Posted by cmkmom
An addressbar that you can type a URL into? Yes, it does, but there's a setting in "View" that you can remove it. I use it a lot though and so I want it showing. I can't believe how much Opera has helped me navigate WI! No more sitting here waiting for things to load. I thought it was my computer!!
Thanks for the suggestion but Firefox doesn't show anything under 'view' that would let me remove the address bar that appears on WW in version 3.0.

I've considered downloading Opera as well and may still yet do it. I love Firefox but that new address bar that shows up on the WW page can't be moved as far as I can tell and it does cut off the bottom of my screen. Using the F11 key isn't any help in my case.

I stopped using IE 7.0 over a year ago because of how slow it is plus the constant security patches Microsoft has to issue for it. It got so bad that every time AVG ran a scan on my computer it found malware, adware, trojans, and other assorted nasties and they all pointed to the path of Internet Explorer.

Glad you're having fun with Opera!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
jolynn

Hmmm, I'm intrigued. What is Opera? Where did you get it? Yeah, this WI site is horribly slow. I wonder if it's all the graphics people have attached to their name. Give me some clues please about this Opera thing. Thank you in advance!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #9
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by jolynn
Hmmm, I'm intrigued. What is Opera? Where did you get it? Yeah, this WI site is horribly slow. I wonder if it's all the graphics people have attached to their name. Give me some clues please about this Opera thing. Thank you in advance!
I googled browsers and then went to the cnet.com website and read the reviews. The experts gave it 5 stars and the users gave it 4 1/2 stars. I have a friend here on WI that uses it and she also recommended it. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it and so I downloaded it. I love it. WI used to take forever to load and I hated to come here and browse the GE and then switch to PMs. So frustrating to wait and wait. I thought it was my computer or the site. Now I navigate around fast! Try it!
cmkmom is offline Female
Old 07-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #10
Never To Old For
Webkinz :)

Collie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by jolynn
Here's the link to download Opera.

http://www.opera.com/
Collie Lover is offline Female
Closed