Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 AM   #1
pancakes 4 Phillip
Webkinz :)

Lhachwen is a jewel in the roughLhachwen is a jewel in the rough

Default Answered: Is this the only truth?

I have serious questions about some facts Ganz has posted on technical matters. I read that if any items or kinzcash is gone from an account that the only reason is someone has your password or your secret code. I have issues with this since the account with missing items (one whole room) I think it would be highly improbable the account password/secret code was stolen-- the person who owns/uses the account only uses this account under parental supervision. So unless someone is randomly hacking accounts and just happened to hack this one I don't see how a whole room of items would disappear. It doesn't make sense either, since in my own opinion, any hacker would go after big ticket items and not just a room full of common stuff easily available in the W-shop. So my question is: is there another reason items can go missing from a kinz-room other than hacking? Is this a probable glitch or was the account hacked, as Ganz relates is the only way for this type of stuff to go missing?

Any input or answers would be appreciated. Thanks

As some further information, this room missing all the items isn't the only odd thing that happened on this account. Vehicles brought into one room were showing up in another room and in one instance one vehicle disappeared only to show up stuck outside of the room later.

And yes the cache was cleared after all the items in the room were not to be seen. (The password was also altered in case there was a hacker. But of course if it was a hacker it still makes no sense with the commonness of the few items that are missing.)
Lhachwen is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Cloud One
When I've had a room full of items disappear, it was usually fixed by logging out and back in, but it sounds like you've already tried that.

Clearing caches, clearing cookies, restarting the computer, making sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player installed (it's free), trying another browser, logging in from another computer (maybe a friend's or other family member's) these are all things that should be tried. Try all of them.

As for hacking, were any codes that were entered into that account bought through Ebay, or were they received from another person? It doesn't have to be someone the account holder GAVE the code to. I could be someone the received the code from. All a hacker needs is one code, and the accompanying username. Changing the Password won't help in this situation.

It could also be a case of the account being too big. Some accounts experience glitches when they have a lot of rooms or a lot of pets. I don't know if this is the case with you.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

Default Re: Is this the only truth?

When I've had a room full of items disappear, it was usually fixed by logging out and back in, but it sounds like you've already tried that.

Clearing caches, clearing cookies, restarting the computer, making sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player installed (it's free), trying another browser, logging in from another computer (maybe a friend's or other family member's) these are all things that should be tried. Try all of them.

As for hacking, were any codes that were entered into that account bought through Ebay, or were they received from another person? It doesn't have to be someone the account holder GAVE the code to. I could be someone the received the code from. All a hacker needs is one code, and the accompanying username. Changing the Password won't help in this situation.

It could also be a case of the account being too big. Some accounts experience glitches when they have a lot of rooms or a lot of pets. I don't know if this is the case with you.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
pancakes 4 Phillip

The account/pet/code was bought by me from a regular store and not eBay... I am wary of any codes purchased off eBay precisely because the codes can be kept lol. But the explanation of a lot of rooms/big account could be the culprit since this is one of the possible reasons room items can disappear. It makes the most sense... I just wish Ganz would acknowledge these kinds of things instead of it being 'you were hacked and that is that' answer.

I really appreciate the time you took in answering this since it gives me alternative answers instead of a highly improbable one!

We will also try logging on a different computer as soon as possible to see if that may help since that was something we haven't tried. Thank you again!
Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Usually when all or most of the items in ONE ROOM disappear, it's a case of incomplete loading. You log out of WW and when you log back in, your items are back. You are quite right that a hacker would not take all the items, both common and rare, from one room only. On the other hand, a small child may sell all their items to the W-Shop and not quite realise what they have done: that is certainly another way in which items go missing.

Items, pets and vehicles may get stuck outside of the room. Vehicles in particular tend to get stuck in doorways. Usually they get unstuck overnight, but if they don't, there is a guide:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...8/#post6841611

and if this doesn't work, the next step is to fill out the "I have something stuck!" form in the Customer Service on the WW log-in page.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 01:08 AM   #5
Gifted

Cloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socksCloud One rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Lhachwen
The account/pet/code was bought by me from a regular store and not eBay... I am wary of any codes purchased off eBay precisely because the codes can be kept lol. But the explanation of a lot of rooms/big account could be the culprit since this is one of the possible reasons room items can disappear. It makes the most sense... I just wish Ganz would acknowledge these kinds of things instead of it being 'you were hacked and that is that' answer.

It gets them off the hook

The thing is, as Webberlily pointed out, when everything disappears from just ONE room, it's often a case of incomplete loading, which is why some of the fixes I suggested often work. In those cases the items aren't really missing from the account. They're just not showing up! Possibly due to memory overload, or an older version of flash or any other number of things.

Quote:
I really appreciate the time you took in answering this since it gives me alternative answers instead of a highly improbable one!

We will also try logging on a different computer as soon as possible to see if that may help since that was something we haven't tried. Thank you again!
You're welcome. I hope your items show up. Make sure you have the most recent version of Flash as well. That fixed some glitches for me a while back. If nothing works, call Ganz. Have a technician look at that room for you and ask them if it looks empty to them. It may not.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:14 AM   #6
pancakes 4 Phillip

Yeah, items do tend to get stuck and I know I have had to use that form before lol! I also thought of the fact that the room's items may have been sold off to buy another item but my son claims 'no' not in this instance (of course I still have my suspicions on that matter LOL). I really wanted another reason why whole room items could disappear and Cloud One really did an excellent job of listing more than 'your account was hacked!'-reason. I also know sometimes it can take a few days for rooms to normalize before filling out the form. My own account regularly has one countertop disappear for days so I have gotten used to small glitches.

I hope Ganz offers more than 'your account was hacked' in the future as a reason for room's whole contents disappearing. Sites like this appear to offer more and better support than Ganz-- which in some ways in disconcerting to me as a consumer.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:17 AM   #7
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Ugh how frustrating for you.

I hate having to troubleshoot your own account.

I hope it gets better for you. It sounds like you are doing all the right things.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 07-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #8
pancakes 4 Phillip

View Post Originally Posted by Cloud One
It gets them off the hook

Ha ha! isn't that the truth! lol

View Post Originally Posted by Cloud One
You're welcome. I hope your items show up. Make sure you have the most recent version of Flash as well. That fixed some glitches for me a while back. If nothing works, call Ganz. Have a technician look at that room for you and ask them if it looks empty to them. It may not.
I appreciate this advice as well since I will definitely contact them if the rooms contents don't show up in a few days after we exhaust all other possibilities.

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Ugh how frustrating for you.

I hate having to troubleshoot your own account.

I hope it gets better for you. It sounds like you are doing all the right things.
I'm just happy there is a site like this for all the other answers Ganz doesn't offer! lol This community is and has been a godsend while on ebkinz.

Last edited by Lhachwen; 07-10-2009 at 01:20 AM..
Old 07-10-2009, 01:49 AM   #9
Thrilled to be a
Gift Guru

Meow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socksMeow Face rocks our collective socks

I don't have anything new to add but I was curious to see how things were going? I hope everything works out ok and if you don't mind please keep us updated on this. If this thread gets closed and you don't mind too much maybe PM me as I am really wondering what the problem is. Thank you in advance

As a last resort I guess you may have to give Ganz a call and see if they can do anything at all to help you out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Meow Face is offline Female
Closed