Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
HUGZ!!
Webkinz :)

jlaama has disabled reputation

Default Unanswered: Online purchases. Where to buy prepaid card?

I had no clue where to post this question. Hope I got this right..

I was wanting to buy a couple things from Estore and Ameriwade.
But I do not have a credit card or bank account..
So. I was trying to figure out about that prepaid credit card thingee..
WHERE do you get them??
How exactly do you get the money on it?. lol.

Thankz!
jlaama is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
minabug1216

Minabug will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Online purchases. Where to buy prepaid card?

You can buy prepaid visa and mastercards are most grocery stores. I'm not sure about Ameriwidde,I'm sure you can use it though them. With the Estore however, they will not accept the prepaid cards. The cards already come with the money loaded onto them I believe. You just buy them.
Minabug is offline Female
Old 10-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

You can also get them at your local bank. I know mine sells them!
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 10-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Minabug
You can buy prepaid visa and mastercards are most grocery stores. I'm not sure about Ameriwade,I'm sure you can use it though them. With the Estore however, they will not accept the prepaid cards. The cards already come with the money loaded onto them I believe. You just buy them.
No, Minabug, THEY DO work. That is what I have been using for my purchases. I am not about to wrack up the 'REAL DEAL' with interest charges so I bought one. I got mine at 'Easy Home' you can buy the Credit Cards there. They charge you 20.00 for the first load and 3.98 for each re-load thereafter.
You can put as much or as little on them as you like. I do this to defray the cost of interest, If the money is there, then I use it.
It acts JUST like a Real credit card, just watch the balance. I set aside a little bit each month to put on there, because I KNOW I am going to spend it on Webkinz.
Easy Home or a deferred payment warehouse of some sort has the cards.
In about two weeks, you get your card with your name on it.

---------- Dixiecup added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later ----------

But in the meantime you can still use the temporary card and like RIGHT AWAY! You put the money on it through debit or cash.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 10-28-2008 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
HUGZ!!

quote=Dixiecup;11259749]No, Minabug, THEY DO work. That is what I have been using for my purchases. I am not about to wrack up the 'REAL DEAL' with interest charges so I bought one. I got mine at 'Easy Home' you can buy the Credit Cards there. They charge you 20.00 for the first load and 3.98 for each re-load thereafter.
You can put as much or as little on them as you like. I do this to defray the cost of interest, If the money is there, then I use it.
It acts JUST like a Real credit card, just watch the balance. I set aside a little bit each month to put on there, because I KNOW I am going to spend it on Webkinz.

But in the meantime you can still use the temporary card and like RIGHT AWAY! You put the money on it through debit or cash.[/quote]

OH cool!! So it does work there too! Great!

Uum.. I never heard of that place you mentioned though. Easy Home??
Actually I never heard the terminology "Deferred payment warehouse"! lol..
What in the world is that?? lol..
I really feel like I have just been under a rock my whole life here.. lol..

So like ALL the cards cost the same to load?
I didnt figure you had to pay a fee to put money ON a card..
That thought never once entered my mind. WOW..
I thought you either had to buy a card then like add money to it.
Or that you just bought a plan or something.
Like 30$ card for 30$...

I am so lost out there in the wilderness! lol..

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Last edited by jlaama; 10-28-2008 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
jlaama is offline Female
Old 10-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
Gift Trainee

aprilandpaul888 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine online from https://www.netspend.com/account/index.m

It's called a netspend and the estore DOES accept it. You load the money unto it yourself. The site tells you thousands of locations in your area to load it at. I hope I could help.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Not a problem, jlaama. Ok, what I mean by a deferred payment warehouse is a place where you can buy your furniture on a payment plan. You must have one of them near where you live. A place like Rentown, Easy Home places that you 'Rent to own' furniture. I guess I could have said that. The charge is nominal, they really don't get to make that much money off of you for using their name. I think that is what it actually is, more of a fee for the right to use the Credit Card logo and reputation. The next time you load the card it only costs you a fraction of that initial fee. They are not getting interest from you, through the use of the card so they have to make their money somehow...I guess.
Different places may have different fee set-ups, but in the long run, they all operate the same.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
HUGZ!!

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Not a problem, jlaama. Ok, what I mean by a deferred payment warehouse is a place where you can buy your furniture on a payment plan. You must have one of them near where you live. A place like Rentown, Easy Home places that you 'Rent to own' furniture. I guess I could have said that. The charge is nominal, they really don't get to make that much money off of you for using their name. I think that is what it actually is, more of a fee for the right to use the Credit Card logo and reputation. The next time you load the card it only costs you a fraction of that initial fee. They are not getting interest from you, through the use of the card so they have to make their money somehow...I guess.
Different places may have different fee set-ups, but in the long run, they all operate the same.
OOOOOHHHH!! OKAY! lol.. Gotcha!
Yes we have quite a few of those kinda places here.
Thats pretty cool though. I never knew they had that..

Yes I get the reason for fee NOW.. I didnt realize it had logos on the cards.
B/c I never seen them b4. I only heard of them.

So like you just walk in to a store like that. Or as some have mentioned in here a bank or a grocery store? And ask them for prepaid credit card? I mean is this the correct terminology as to what they are called? Will any place know what I am talking about?
B/c I know I had asked like Rite Aid a while back about them.
And cashier said she knew nothing about any of the cards! lol.
I was just like Ok.. lol..

Well Thank You soo very much for all your help on this!
I really appreciate it!
jlaama is offline Female
Old 10-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #9
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
No, Minabug, THEY DO work. That is what I have been using for my purchases. I am not about to wrack up the 'REAL DEAL' with interest charges so I bought one. I got mine at 'Easy Home' you can buy the Credit Cards there. They charge you 20.00 for the first load and 3.98 for each re-load thereafter.

But in the meantime you can still use the temporary card and like RIGHT AWAY! You put the money on it through debit or cash.
OUCH! $20 to load up a prepaid credit card? If you have the cash on hand to put into the card in the first place, you have the cash to use your own credit card and pay it off immediately! That's 0% interest! Even if you do not pay it off immediately, your interest rates on your credit cards are nowhere near what you are paying to get a prepaid...at least it shouldn't be!

Think of it this way, let's say you put in $100 intially and you pay $20. That's 20% interest *stabbing pain*. My worst interest rate is 6%... that's because we are responsible and have excellent credit. Most people will have an average of 10-15% interest rate. Make a mistake and that goes up to 20-25%. Your paying the interest rate of someone who has a horrible card or has made a mistake (late payments, overdrafts...).

And to top it off, you have to pay $3.98 for every load up after that. It only makes sense if you are loading hundreds of dollars at a time. If you add $100 that's 3.98% interest... not too shabby but you still had that initial hit. Load up only $20 and that's brings you back up to 19.99% interest. Load up $50 and you'll pay 7.96% interest.

It also makes sense for those who are not old enough to get into a credit card contract... but if you that young and have the cash you saved for webkinz, mom and dad should buy it for you and you can give them the money.

IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA. Remember that credit card interest are APRs so they are spread out over a year. Each month you are not being charged 15% interest! If you pay off the money you spent immediately, that 0% interest you pay, pay it off in a month, two months, even three monts, you'd pay only a fraction of the total interest of 15%.

If you get this prepaid card, you pay the $20 or $3.98 NOW. That's the eqivalent of taking a year to pay off your card (kind of.. it's complicated).

EStore items are expensive, now add the extra money you spent to get this card to the prices... that's your new real price.

If you really only want to use cash for the Estore, use you ATM Bank card... it's just as good as cash. The only problem is the bank cards don't have the security that your credit cards have. Have a problem when you buy something, your credit card carrier will fix it for you. Never got what you paid for, they will refund your money while they go into litigation for you.

I know the post is long but I love everyone on the WI and I want to help you make the right decisions... especially when I see there is a major flaw. The last thing I want is for people to go broke, stop buying webkinz, thus, stop going on WI. I am NOT picking on you Dixxiecup, I know from all the other post you do, you are a great person but sometime (and I do it too... drive farther to find a cheaper gas station, go to multiple stores for different sales... but wasting gas and time...) we make the wrong decisions with the right intentions at heart. It took a loving husband to tell me I was wasteing more money on wasted gas driving around than if I just stuck to one place.
Azriel is offline Female
Old 10-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #10
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

Money Mart!!

---------- EXOTERIC added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

get a pre-paid master card there...no interest and no fees to add money.

Last edited by EXOTERIC; 10-28-2008 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Closed