Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Unanswered: One Simple Question... Why do people post on a thread if they don't have an answer? (Click for more details..)

So, I've been noticing... People like ask questions, and other people post on that thread saying, "I don't know... Try asking someone else." or along the lines of that... EX:
(JUST AN EXAMPLE)
POST #1 / Thread start

"Help me! Webkinz isn't working for me! Everytime I try to log on, I keep getting the "green screen". What do I do? Thanks for the help"

POST #2, or 3, or... you know what i mean.

"Um, I am sorry, I don't know." ETC.

It is kind of tiring when I, or someone else, needs help and people just put something like that.. why do people do that? and doesn't it bug you too?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
I Love My
Webkinz :)

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: One Simple Question... Why do people post on a thread if they don't have an answer? (Click for more details..)

To be completely honest with you, I think people make posts like
that, just so they can have more posts. But I agree with you, the posts
in this section of the forms are supposed to be giving helpful information
to others, not to be saying "Oh I don't know." I'm sure if you see someone
say that you could flag the post, and a staff member would delete it, but other
then that, there really is nothing much we can do about it.

- Midnights Bliss
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 08-31-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: One Simple Question... Why do people post on a thread if they don't have an answer? (Click for more details..)

Quackquack, I have OFTEN asked that question, myself. Why would people say they have no idea how to help a person when that person is obviously looking for an answer.

I can tell you only ONE reason why, and it may clear this up for you.
Back when WI first started we had to post in a thread to subscribe...
Maybe these people are thinking that by posting in this thread THEY will get the answers they are looking for as well.
I hope that helps a bit
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

thanks to both of you!
Old 08-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

I think Dixiecup gave you the best answer. I think that people also like to have the 1st or 2nd post in threads. Other than that, I really don't know why somebody would post like that. It bugs me, too.
kittycats10 is offline Female
Old 08-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

If I dont know the answer I will say I wish i knew hopefully someone else will tell you soon. I do this so that it will go back to the top. Sometimes its because I want to know the answer too. So if i post it will be in my list of posts so i can easily find it.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 08-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!Busymom is the cats pajamas!

That is a great question.... I wish I knew the answer to that, but I don't.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
Gift Guru

GuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to beholdGuineaPigs is a splendid one to behold

People just want to increase their post count most of the time.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

I don't know...try asking someone else.

xD jk
I think people do it becaue they want more posts.
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 08-31-2009, 03:02 PM   #10
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Haha at Webkinz_girly!!!!!!!

Ok I am guilty of this. I will sometimes post when someone asks for help even if I do not know the answer.

AND it is NOT to add to my post count!! I could care less about that.

I mostly just answer to them because I see that no one has and I want them to feel HEARD. I hate to see someone ask for help and sit alone. So I will say "you know......I have no clue......but I bet someone on here does know because this is a very helpful place!"
Just to comfort them, or assure them that they are in the right place.

So I do it.......not for myself..........and I will continue to do it.

Because I do not think it hurts anyone.
rockermom is offline Female
Closed