Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
PrincessKaitlynJ
Webkinz :)

PrincessKaitlyn is on a distinguished road

Question Answered: One Account vs. Multiple Accounts

I've seen a lot of members talking about having "spare" accounts or Asian/European accounts in addition to their US account. I know that some people have multiple accounts because they have to manage their own and their childrens/granchildrens, but others choose to have multiple accounts on their own.

I only have one account right now, and I love adopting new pets on that account and getting the beds or exclusive gifts (except when I get repeats, which happens fairly often).

So what are the pros and cons of having multiple accounts? And how do you get an Asian/European account and how is it different than a US account?
PrincessKaitlyn is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by adrkmfdm
One pro is that you can use one for trading. I have one just for trading. I'm paranoid of getting hacked so I dont like anyone having my username for my other accounts. I have 4 accounts in total. Only one has a lot of pets, which is my main account. The other 2 I use for storage for expensive things. I will never ever give out the user names for these accounts becasue as I said im afraid of being hacked.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: One Account vs. Multiple Accounts

One pro is that you can use one for trading. I have one just for trading. I'm paranoid of getting hacked so I dont like anyone having my username for my other accounts. I have 4 accounts in total. Only one has a lot of pets, which is my main account. The other 2 I use for storage for expensive things. I will never ever give out the user names for these accounts becasue as I said im afraid of being hacked.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

My son and I have 5 accounts.. We don't consider them spare though, we have like 5 "main" accounts. LOL

We have 5 because of the amount of webkinz we have, also for the extra holiday and event gifts..
We started off with 2, one for each of us... then felt the need for more
One account is Asian, just so we get the gifts and events a day early (i don't like suspnse)

You asked how you get an Asian/European account... whenever you create a new account, just select a country in that time zone, instead of selecting the USA
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Slytherin for this

Baby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBaby252 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Donation Award 

I use to have two accounts. I shared one with my sister. It helped out in trading.
Baby252 is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
oohoo! I'm a
Gift Guru

bethmiz has a brilliant futurebethmiz has a brilliant futurebethmiz has a brilliant futurebethmiz has a brilliant futurebethmiz has a brilliant future

I have 2. One I use for most of my trading and storage, and the other is my main account. I originally for the second one to be able to buy 2 rares at once. I was tired of waiting forever to get all of the chairs I needed!
bethmiz is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
oohoo!!!

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

I have 1 account, and I don't plan on having more than 1. To me, it's too much trouble, but then I also have to sometimes do the hourlies on family members' accounts.

As for getting multiples of the holiday gifts, sometimes you can trade for them in the clubhouse.

I think it was a bigger deal to have an Asian account, too, when the Asian Curio Shop rares were different from American. "Darksiders" always commented on how they were able to get better rares, and more of them.
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #7
Never To Old For

Collie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with graceCollie Lover wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

Between my granddaughter and myself we have 6 accounts.

I also have Asian and Euro accounts that were setup to get the rares when they were different than the US accounts. I still like these as I can go on them when my others are down for maintenance.

The pros about the extra accounts is the extra holiday gifts.
Collie Lover is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
Gifted

luigi'smom is just really niceluigi'smom is just really nice

We have 3, one in each time zone. I did it mainly because it gives you 3 chances a day at getting the rare. Also, we like the extra gift boxes on holidays and being able to do things a day earlier on the asian account. I also plan to use one of them for trading since I don't want to use my son's main account because of fear of getting hacked.
luigi'smom is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
PrincessKaitlynJ

PrincessKaitlyn is on a distinguished road

A lot of people have talked about their "main" accounts being hacked... how common is that?
PrincessKaitlyn is offline Female
Old 05-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

The recommendation is to have no more than 100 pets in one account. So, if you are a big collector, you need to think about opening a second account when you get to around 90 pets, to give you room to add one per year to keep your account active for the next 10 years, if you are thinking ahead.

The cons to multiple accounts: 1. for the next 10 pets, you don't get the same gift level, but medium-sized room instead and it doesn't accrue to the exclusive bed boxes as fast. 2. You can get tired of doing "dailies" when you do them in multiple accounts. 3. You can forget in which account you stored stuff so have to spend time "looking" for it.

The pluses to multiple accounts: 1. You can get holiday and special gifts in multiple accounts. 2. You can get deluxe membership gifts in five accounts per month. 2. You can set up accounts in Asia or Europe and this allows you activities and rares at different times. 3. You can log on early in Asia on "click to win" days and really get a lot of extra "clicking" chances--and it's sometimes much more "lucrative" in the early hours in Asia! 4. You can be online in Asia when the US and Canada are down for maintenance. 5. If you have a pet and adopt another later when it's POTM, you can put the new POTM in a different account and get POTM activities in two accounts instead of one. 6. It's very handy when trading in big trades where you have a lot of items to ship, to have multiple accounts from which to ship. I've done maybe 4-5 trades where I had to ship more than 8-10 gifts (dice packs and trading cards are only one per gift box!) and having six accounts made this much more doable. Still took a week on one big trade!
7. If you really enjoy some of the dailies, you can do them over & over & over & over...LOL! 8. You have a chance to earn extra charm forest prizes (where you only get one, lifetime) and some of the newer game prizes, so you'll have one to keep and some to trade.

I think the pros outweigh the cons. If you are into Webkinz a lot and have a number of pets, of course. Just a few, maybe not.
Closed