Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 03:50 AM   #1
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Unanswered: Ok I give up and need help!

I have been trying to customize my page for a month now.

No I am not technical or savvy with computers.

However I see everyone with these beautiful profiles that I think.........gosh I could do that!

WRONG!

I have loaded pics into my albums. I followed the information STEP by step listed here in WI.

Here is what it says.

Argh I have tried different pictures and images and graphics. to no avail.

Is there someone that can go over how to pretty up my profile step by step???

I am not smart on the puter. so it has to be really step by step!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not even put a color on there. *sigh*

I am using Firefox.

Thank you to anyone who can help!
rockermom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 AM   #2
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp

monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

Default Re: Ok I give up and need help!

I am not sure if this is even mentioned anywhere on WI, but my own experience of the "Main has invalid properties: Background Image" message tells me this:

The customization page does not accept the URL that WI gives you when you view a picture; each picture used to follow a different URL and now it is programmed differently. The old version has an album number and a picture number in it, while the new one uses the names of the albums and pictures which is NOT accepted in the customization page (at least not for me).

So what you need to do is find out the album number and picture number of the picture you want as a background, and put it into this URL form:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e.php?albumid=[insert album id here]&pictureid=[insert picture id here]

(ignore the hyperlink - I can't get rid of it! Although to see the whole thing minus the "..." in the middle, click it)

THAT is what the customization page accepts.

To find out the album and picture number, you will have to click "Edit" on the picture you want to use and the URL will then show those two numbers. The address of the picture should end like this:

albumid=[album number]&pictureid=[picture number]

So you can copy and paste that text from the address bar and it can go directly in the form mentioned above. Type the final http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e.php?albumid=[insert album id here]&pictureid=[insert picture id here]" form in the bar for background image and you should be all set.

Last edited by monkeecj; 09-14-2009 at 05:24 AM..
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

WI Subscriber

I will have to try that myself monkeecj. I could never get it to work either. That is why I went with basic pink and brown. LOL! Rep for you!
kinzmom1924 is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
Banned
chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!chipmunk2 is the cats pajamas!

heres how i do it
when you save an album, hit profile album, album for you profile save the image in that album, and then go to your profile, and hit customize profile and then where it says backround image, click the little image box that looks like this Click the image to open in full size.and then your imae choices will come up, click the one you would like to choose, and then hit preveiw profile, and save changes that should do it
hope i helped
chipmunk2 is offline Male
Old 09-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
Gifted

Ginny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guideGinny is a golden guide

Yes I Could Never Get The Pics To Work Sorry So I Am No Help.
I Just Stuck With Colors!
Ginny is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #6
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

When it comes to pictures I have found it was easier to save the pictures from other places to my computer and then upload them from my computer to WI. That way I avoided the whole URL thing and WI created its own URL location for the photo at that point.

Oh I was going to mention to that the pictures have to be uploaded into your profile album first. Then you go to the main section and grab them from the album to put in for your background.

In the album section try uploading photos from your computer. Don't use urls...let WI set the url for a photo directly from your computer. Its easy from there and you won't have any problems.

You can PM me and I can try to help you.

Last edited by Tula; 09-14-2009 at 10:04 AM..
Tula is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
Gifted

xxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talent

WI Subscriber

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems and I'm not an expert with computers or anything... But I have Firefox too and it works just fine. Maybe you could try an updated version of Internet Explorer. Here is the link for Internet Explorer 8 (the newest version)
Internet Explorer 8: Home page

Or when you try to put the background up make sure that you have it in a Profile Album. Then click on the little picture that looks like this --> Click the image to open in full size. and then click on the picture that you want. It should show up

If you have anymore questions then feel free to PM or VM me. Good luck!

Last edited by xxaeroxx; 09-14-2009 at 07:17 PM..
xxaeroxx is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by chipmunk2
heres how i do it
when you save an album, hit profile album, album for you profile save the image in that album, and then go to your profile, and hit customize profile and then where it says backround image, click the little image box that looks like this Click the image to open in full size.and then your imae choices will come up, click the one you would like to choose, and then hit preveiw profile, and save changes that should do it
hope i helped
Chipmunk is right but you have to change the images that you have saved in your album to profile like the pic shows below. Edit album, click on Profile, Then click submit. Then follow what chipmunk says about the little film pic image selector.
Click the image to open in full size.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 09-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #9
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

OMgosh thank you! I will try this now!

It's Done!! My profile is done!!!

Thanks to you and all of my friends at WI!!!!

I can not pick a best answer. they were all helpful. but can you close the thread? thanks!

Last edited by rockermom; 09-14-2009 at 02:08 PM..
rockermom is offline Female
Closed