Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

Question Unanswered: Offline Post Editor

The 'advanced' online editor is pretty good - works great for shorter posts but for longer posts and 'guides' it would be nice to be able to save drafts and not have to write & format the entire post at one sitting.

Does anyone know of a good offline editor program for writing posts?

Is their a way to save a 'Draft' post until it is ready to post with the current online editor?

I tried using Word - but when you copy paste the formating is always messed up.

Wordpad works better since it doesn't make a mess of formating BUT it still is ideal as it doesn't properly support things like adding pictures, idents, spoiler, etc.

Thanks!
JustDad is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Roll Tide ^_^
Gifted

softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!softballgirlnw is not just visiting!

Default Re: Offline Post Editor

I don't really know what you could use if you have a PC. I use TextEdit on my Mac, and that seems to work very well for me.
softballgirlnw is offline Female
Old 03-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

I have tried using NotePad. It's pretty nice. Theres also other helpful tools in the "accersies" file folder. (:
softballipod is offline Female
Old 03-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
marissa.

Princessfrog11 is cool as a bunny clownPrincessfrog11 is cool as a bunny clownPrincessfrog11 is cool as a bunny clownPrincessfrog11 is cool as a bunny clownPrincessfrog11 is cool as a bunny clownPrincessfrog11 is cool as a bunny clownPrincessfrog11 is cool as a bunny clownPrincessfrog11 is cool as a bunny clownPrincessfrog11 is cool as a bunny clown

Sadly,I haven't found a way to draft posts yet. I normally just copy and paste after every two important things I write in a longer posts, but that's very time consuming.Sorry,I don't really have a way to help. As said above,notepad is okay.
Princessfrog11 is offline Female
Old 03-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

Usually I just write it all, and then I find that sometimes it logs me out if I take too long, so I copy it and I re-go back to the New Thread and paste it
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Old 03-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #6
ho is Tinker?
Gifted

florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!florida is not just visiting!

I use the personal notepad feature that was added a little while ago - when you go into your user CP. I also use textedit - mac.
florida is offline Female
Old 03-28-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

Have you tried using the new feature your personal Notepad in your User CP Home? I haven't really looked at it so I'm not sure how many characters it holds.
I agree saving a draft would be nice If you're not interested in Word or anything like that, you could make sure that your remember me is checked when you log in and then leave a tab open of you working on your thread if it's a guide or anything long. Then just leave the tab open or minimized or whatever when you're doing something off the computer or on the computer. Just a thought.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Closed