Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
Grateful
Gift Guru

vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause
vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause

WI Subscriber
Default Re: OBNOXIOUS AUDIO ADS ON WI

View Post Originally Posted by dragonkid07
I just turn off my volume. It's a simple solution, but it works!
To repeat, that's fine when I don't require the use of my timer on my computer - which I frequently use.
View Post Originally Posted by Fuzythekoala
Yeah those ads can get really annoying.
However, since your a WI subscriber, you can turn adds off. To do so, go to "Edit options" under user CP and scroll to the bottom. There, there should be an option to turn them off.

Also, WI signs up for "Family Friendly" ads from google, so they don't pick the ads. However, I'm pretty sure they can do something about them. If you see an inappropriate ad on here, PM a admin with some information about it. (Page you ere on when you saw it, what it was advertising, time, etc. etc.)
I have my ads already turned off. These ads (like the baby ads a while back) somehow bypass that. So extra intrusive, and I"m sure can't be intended by Justin, yet here it is.
vanberk is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

Fuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellence
Fuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellence

Hmm... I'm not sure how to help you then. I've heard that you can get something on Firefox called Adblock Plus, you may want to try downloading that, and seeing if it can block those.

You said you PMed Justin, I hope he can answer your concerns!
Fuzythekoala is offline Male
Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #13
Name: Bailey/Piplup

donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!donpiplup is not just visiting!

I don't know what to say other than keep the volume down. It can be a pain though if you are using it for other things. It also shouldn't be happening since you are a WI Subscriber. Sorry that all of this is happening to you!
donpiplup is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #14
gone
hehmommy40 has disabled reputation

You should really get Ad Block Plus. Its completely free, and only takes a second to download.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #15
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Adblocker Plus is also there for some other bowsers now, I believe.

If you view WI in Opera, you can turn the Turbo option on and the ad frames will have arrows if you
want to see them, but are blanked otherwise.

It's frustrating. I view in ff with a blocker, don't/can't use ff for ww (crashes), so I run ww in the other
4 main browsers.

Too bad you can't block the volume output from a singe browser, even better a single instance.
Anyone up to the challenge out there?

Good luck!

Good luck.
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 04-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #16
ell I'm Michele ♥
Gift Guru

dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness
dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Twizzlerz
Too bad you can't block the volume output from a singe browser, even better a single instance.

Good luck!
actually, there is a way to mute Google Chrome.
Go to the Chrome web store and do a search for the Chrome Toolbox. It's free, and one of the features is a mute all tabs feature. Makes my life a lot happier as I can now listen to music & play webkinz at the same time!
dancerchick914 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #17
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

I usually turn the sound off just on FF which I use for WW and keep it on on the rest of my system. But yesterday I did hear some annoying music and turned it off everywhere. Maybe it was coming from WI.
marnabear is online now Female
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
Chimney loves Wacky!
Gifted

R3dRulez has disabled reputation

You should get Adblock. It is a really useful add-on for your web-browser. I think it's available on Google Chrome and FireFox (which are currently the best browsers out there)
R3dRulez is offline Female
Old 04-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #19
Autism Awareness

fishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonderfishypuffy123 wows us all with wonder

Hi there, I agree. Those ads ARE quite annoying. Have you tried using a different browser? The problem stopped when I started using Google Chrome.

Good luck!
fishypuffy123 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #20
Grateful
Gift Guru

vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause
vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause

WI Subscriber

Thanks, everyone - appreciate your help. xo

View Post Originally Posted by Twizzlerz
Adblocker Plus is also there for some other bowsers now, I believe.

If you view WI in Opera, you can turn the Turbo option on and the ad frames will have arrows if you
want to see them, but are blanked otherwise.

It's frustrating. I view in ff with a blocker, don't/can't use ff for ww (crashes), so I run ww in the other
4 main browsers.

Good luck!

Good luck.
Thank you for this!
View Post Originally Posted by dancerchick914
actually, there is a way to mute Google Chrome.
Go to the Chrome web store and do a search for the Chrome Toolbox. It's free, and one of the features is a mute all tabs feature. Makes my life a lot happier as I can now listen to music & play webkinz at the same time!
Thanks for this idea! For my mac Chrome isn't the best for WI but I might keep trying!
View Post Originally Posted by R3dRulez
You should get Adblock. It is a really useful add-on for your web-browser. I think it's available on Google Chrome and FireFox (which are currently the best browsers out there)
Thanks for this - I'm finding the "best" browser used to be consistent for months and now changes as fast as monthly with the various upgrades (which often create downgrades!)
View Post Originally Posted by fishypuffy123
Hi there, I agree. Those ads ARE quite annoying. Have you tried using a different browser? The problem stopped when I started using Google Chrome.

Good luck!
Thanks. As above, Chrome isn't best for me for other reasons, but this is good to know.
vanberk is offline Female
Closed

Tags
savin' the troll galaxy, think outside the [box]