Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Grateful
Gift Guru

vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause
vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause

WI Subscriber
Default Answered: OBNOXIOUS AUDIO ADS ON WI

Today I started getting REALLY UNWANTED audio ads on WI - how do we STOP THESE???????

I've PM'd Justin. I'm a WI subscriber. Anything else I should do to promote the end of this awful intrusion?

vanberk is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by dancerchick914
View Post Originally Posted by Twizzlerz
Too bad you can't block the volume output from a singe browser, even better a single instance.
Anyone up to the challenge out there?

Good luck!
actually, there is a way to mute Google Chrome.
Go to the Chrome web store and do a search for the Chrome Toolbox. It's free, and one of the features is a mute all tabs feature. Makes my life a lot happier as I can now listen to music & play webkinz at the same time!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
yeah boy
Gifted

pinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective sockspinkypie567 rocks our collective socks

Default Re: OBNOXIOUS AUDIO ADS ON WI

I hate those. I really do. Besides pming Justin, you'll just have to keep audio muted.

(Or, how about a mute BUTTON!!! )
pinkypie567 is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
Grateful
Gift Guru

vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause
vanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applausevanberk deserves a round of applause

WI Subscriber

Yes, but I use a timer on my computer for various things, so that means that I can't be on WI simultaneous with other things - and it's WI that will get lost, not RL work...... :/
Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
ebkinz A.my
Webkinz :)

AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay
AnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replayAnotherKinzDad is stuck on replay

I THOUGHT that by subscribing we would see/hear NO ads. But I have a Progressive ad on my side bar. Are we supposed to have ads?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
☆Qweety☆

qweety is the cats pajamas!qweety is the cats pajamas!qweety is the cats pajamas!qweety is the cats pajamas!qweety is the cats pajamas!qweety is the cats pajamas!

That shouldn't be happening. Perhaps just refresh the page, another add should come up. I know it's an annoying thing to do, but it should help until it's sorted out.
qweety is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #6

hugged has disabled reputation

OMG I heard one of those the other day,
and it was like, a radio interview or something,
and the person being interviewed was using horrible language!
You should tell Justin that, so that way he makes it more of a priority to get rid of those ads.
hugged is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Grateful
Gift Guru

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by hugged
OMG I heard one of those the other day,
and it was like, a radio interview or something,
and the person being interviewed was using horrible language!
You should tell Justin that, so that way he makes it more of a priority to get rid of those ads.
I think if Justin hears only from one person he might be less inclined to consider this a timely issue than if he hears from more than one.

I remember a while back there was one with a baby crying that was, quite simply, maddening, and came close to causing my absence from WI until it was dealt with. As it was I grew crankiness.
Visual ads, age-appropriate / appropriate, are one thing - audio ads......
Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
Team GATOR!
Gifted

Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!Babygator is the cats pajamas!

I agree with Vanberk, and others! Having to deal with a visual ad is expected, and acceptable. It is a huge inconvenience, and annoying to boot to have your computer blaring an ad at you! DISLIKE!!
Babygator is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #9

dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff
dragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuffdragonkid07 knows their stuff

I just turn off my volume. It's a simple solution, but it works!
dragonkid07 is offline Female
Old 04-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #10

Fuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellence
Fuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellenceFuzythekoala is the epitome of excellence

Yeah those ads can get really annoying.
However, since your a WI subscriber, you can turn adds off. To do so, go to "Edit options" under user CP and scroll to the bottom. There, there should be an option to turn them off.

Also, WI signs up for "Family Friendly" ads from google, so they don't pick the ads. However, I'm pretty sure they can do something about them. If you see an inappropriate ad on here, PM a admin with some information about it. (Page you ere on when you saw it, what it was advertising, time, etc. etc.)
Fuzythekoala is offline Male
Closed

Tags
savin' the troll galaxy, think outside the [box]