Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

Default Re: Number of items in dock?

View Post Originally Posted by springgirl
you can only have 200 and under. i hope this helped

i just found out that it's 900 and under, sorry i just found out. i hope this helped
Are you sure, some people have over a 1000
bob nws III is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #22
OW - I love fall!
Gift Guru

Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

Since I have multiple gardens and don't always sell them back as soon as I harvest I have had over 3000 items in my dock at one time. While this does slow down the initial loading and getting items from my dock I can't say as I've had anything truly adverse happen due to the number of items in my dock.

I also have a collection of wallpapers and flooring that you can't store anywhere but in your dock. So I hope it never becomes an issue.
Red Fire is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #23
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

There is no limit, but once it's over about 1-500, depending on your browser/computer, it gets a bit slower
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 05-01-2009, 12:46 AM   #24
Gift Guru

Learned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with graceLearned Hand wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by katrinasmom
Some have reported here on WI that sometimes Ganz goes on "spring cleaning" and removes items over 100 in number from people's docks. They report having valuable retired wallpapers and flooring taken and it caused quite a bit of upset. You are wise to take out storage rooms and keep your items as low as you can, under 100 if possible. They reported saying something in the service agreement about item limits...not sure if that is true or not. I used to have over 1000 items in my docks in my big accounts--I've been working to reduce that and have all of the valuable items out of there. I put my wallpapers and floorings in two extra small accounts I keep for trading and getting holiday gift boxes. So I mostly have a lot of food items in my docks now and I am working over time to reduce that too. I made a boutique room with wardrobes where I store clothes; I have a refrigerator room with every kind of frig storing food, and I have storage rooms with furniture, some of it containing objects or clothes stored inside.
I totally agree with Katrinasmom. I have had items disappear on several accounts. I have had Halloween floors disappear from one account, I have had an Egyptian rare I don't remember (probably the bureau) disappear from another account. I have had an experiment station #1 turn into a sacred scribe desk (although I think that happened in the room itself, but it may have happened in the dock). I may have had other things disappear and not notice them.

Ever since I read about the guideline for 100 items I have stayed with it obsessively. Since then I have also not had anything vanish. I do all the same thing Katrinasmom does. I have a beach cooler room for food. I have a rattan toy box room for clothing. I have accounts that don't accumulate as much stuff hold on to extra flooring and wallpaper.

The only account now that stays near the 100 limit is my trading room account. I need a variety of stuff to offer. A few of my smaller accounts hit the limit every once in a while as a result of all the free food they get, but I just sell it off so they get down to the 70's and then they are good for a while.

I would never be one of the people with a huge dock, I would never know if something went missing, and given that I have indeed lost stuff, I am not going to take my chances.
Learned Hand is offline Male
Old 05-01-2009, 01:15 AM   #25
Cammy7
Cammy7 is a splendid one to beholdCammy7 is a splendid one to beholdCammy7 is a splendid one to beholdCammy7 is a splendid one to behold

I never keep more than 100 items in the dock and I've never experienced a loading problem. I sell harvested items immediately. I don't like loading problems.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #26
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

On all our files the items are usually kept just around 1000. I know when it's time to sell produce, if I hit 1500!
MAMA5517 is offline Female
Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #27
Becky1216

Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!Becky316 is the cats pajamas!

My dock is at about 750 right now. I always try to keep it right around 400 though since I have had all of my items gone before and have had to call Ganz and go through all of that. And a lot fot imes that happens when you have many items in your dock. (Also, if you have items in front of your webbies doors)

Hope I helped and Good Luck with your collection
Becky316 is offline Female
Old 05-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #28

Fireball will become famous soon enough

Last night I realized our dock was sitting at 143 items. Things seemed to be okay and we weren't noticing a slow down during loading but went ahead and did some spring cleaning anyway.

Now our dock is nice and clean, lol.
Fireball is offline Male
Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #29
ow!! I LOVE ☆'s!!
Gift Trainee

HannaWalters10 is just really niceHannaWalters10 is just really nice

Well, there really is not a limet, but after about a few hundred, you will see that it gets way slower. I have all my items in my dock, which is around 200, and it never seems to get slow. But if I get a lot more items, then I might have to put some in my house. Hope this helped.
HannaWalters10 is offline Female
Old 05-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #30
marnabear

marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness
marnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicnessmarnabear is epic beyond epicness

WI Subscriber

View Post Originally Posted by bob nws III
I don't think there is a limit, because I have seen people that have 1000s of items, but Ganz does not reccommend over 100, because it slows down loading. You can buy some beach coolers to store them in, if you want
I like using the beach coolers for storing food. They are the least expensive of all, and they can go inside or out. My inside storage room is too crowded to get at a fridge so I store the coolers in my storage yard.

But give your webbies a treat and let them have a jelly bean or donut once in a while.
marnabear is online now Female
Closed