Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
Fae's a Very Purple
Banned
Faerielicious is a glorious beacon of lightFaerielicious is a glorious beacon of lightFaerielicious is a glorious beacon of light

Default Unanswered: Number of items in dock?

Is there a limit to how many items one can have in one's dock?

I'm planning on a serious jelly bean and doughnut collection, and want to know if there's a limit before I set totally crazy goals
Faerielicious is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Default Re: Number of items in dock?

Hello! Not that I know of, but it does slow down the loading process quite a bit. I'd recommend trying to keep it under 200 items. Have a spectacular day!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
My mama says I'm
Gifted

msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I think I have over 700 items in one of my accounts, but I have seen people with over 5000 items in their dock. (Those crazy Darksiders!) The more items you have in your dock, the longer it will take to load. Ganz actually recommends having less than 100 items in your dock, but I think that is completely unreasonable, and I have never had a problem.

Jelly beans and doughnuts should go in fridges, coolers, and Vortex Storage Units, so you don't have to keep them in your dock. Someone else should be able to tell you for sure.
msclockart is offline Male
Old 04-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

I always keep under 100 items in my dock. Ganz says that you should not keep more than that our you could loose items. If I garden and get a lot I make sure I sell them back right away.
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

He he! as a crazy Dark Sider, I usually have around 50 items in my dock and very rarely over 100. Ganz does recommend to stay under 100 and I like the zip-fast loading with the smaller dock, I find that it does make a difference. Even 120 items slow down loading.

Just invest in a large quantity of beach coolers when they go on sale!
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
My mama says I'm
Gifted

msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I just logged in to check, and jelly beans and home grown donuts will go in fridges and Vortexes.
msclockart is offline Male
Old 04-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Mine is over 500 right now and I just dont want tons of coolers sitting around. I have some food stored but not all of it. And floors and wallpapers have nowhere to go. Yes, the dock itself is a bit slower loading/getting items from storage, but nothing else on WW has been affected for me and I've never lost any items.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 04-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #8
Gift Guru

katrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond reputekatrinasmom has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

Some have reported here on WI that sometimes Ganz goes on "spring cleaning" and removes items over 100 in number from people's docks. They report having valuable retired wallpapers and flooring taken and it caused quite a bit of upset. You are wise to take out storage rooms and keep your items as low as you can, under 100 if possible. They reported saying something in the service agreement about item limits...not sure if that is true or not. I used to have over 1000 items in my docks in my big accounts--I've been working to reduce that and have all of the valuable items out of there. I put my wallpapers and floorings in two extra small accounts I keep for trading and getting holiday gift boxes. So I mostly have a lot of food items in my docks now and I am working over time to reduce that too. I made a boutique room with wardrobes where I store clothes; I have a refrigerator room with every kind of frig storing food, and I have storage rooms with furniture, some of it containing objects or clothes stored inside.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #9
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by katrinasmom
Some have reported here on WI that sometimes Ganz goes on "spring cleaning" and removes items over 100 in number from people's docks. They report having valuable retired wallpapers and flooring taken and it caused quite a bit of upset. You are wise to take out storage rooms and keep your items as low as you can, under 100 if possible. They reported saying something in the service agreement about item limits...not sure if that is true or not. I used to have over 1000 items in my docks in my big accounts--I've been working to reduce that and have all of the valuable items out of there. I put my wallpapers and floorings in two extra small accounts I keep for trading and getting holiday gift boxes. So I mostly have a lot of food items in my docks now and I am working over time to reduce that too. I made a boutique room with wardrobes where I store clothes; I have a refrigerator room with every kind of frig storing food, and I have storage rooms with furniture, some of it containing objects or clothes stored inside.
Are you serious? I can just imagine that phone call. lol I have over 500 in mine too. I was good and created some storage rooms, but my son decided they didn't look nice and redecorated.LOL I don't have any problems loading either.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 04-30-2009, 02:02 AM   #10
Fae's a Very Purple
Banned
Faerielicious is a glorious beacon of lightFaerielicious is a glorious beacon of lightFaerielicious is a glorious beacon of light

I have about 300 to 400 items in my dock when I've harvested, and I haven't noticed any loading issues - however, Ganz possibly deleting multiples is really worrisome!

Hm, I'm not sure what I'll do. I have a room full of cooling boxes for my recipe foods - I just like making them, and keep them there to give to friends or to look at them when I want to see something pretty and yummy LOL. But I was planning to collect far more than 100 jelly beans and donuts - and I like having them in the dock and seeing that number grow, so having them in fridges would kind of defeat that purpose.

Also, I'm already up to, what about 50 jelly beans, hehe Would need a lot of fridges if I keep going at that rate!
Faerielicious is offline Female
Closed