Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

chicken little is sweet stuff
chicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuff

Default Answered: non-kinzpostable items

Can someone tell me just exactly what is the purpose of having items that are non-kinzpostable and cannot be sold? Or, items that are non-kinzpostable but can be sold.

Just curious. When we started our accounts 3 years ago, I don't remember there being so many items in that catagory. But when they had parts of the little red riding hood costume that couldn't be sent by post, it didn;t make any sense.

Thanks,

chicken little
chicken little is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Webberlily
View Post Originally Posted by chicken little
Webberlilly,

What is item duplication, never mind. Do you mean to tell me that on a child and family oriented web site, there is something like illigal duplication of items?

Well, anyway, none of my accounts will ever have a full set of the Red Riding Hood costume. Seems kinda silly to put restictions on all of us.

Thanks anyway.

chicken little
You are correct. Incredible as it may seem, in Webkinz World some items were being duplicated by dishonest WW members, for profit (not here; on various other internet places including eBay).

Ganz has made a lot of their more valuable items non-kinzpostable since this happened, and this includes most eStore items, as pointed out by the other posters.

The reason that the eStore items are non-kinzpostable, is to reduce the incentive to duplicate them, since they are purchased and worth more. The Little Red Riding Hood outfit was originally a prize given to owners of the eStore pet Dire Wolf, and can be purchased at the eStore. All those pieces are non-kinzpostable. It was thoughtful of Ganz to include a different dress for the recent click event, since the dress is the main part of the costume.

As in your case, yes it's a shame that the innocent many get to be punished because of the actions of a dishonest few.

I don't like it at all when items are non-kinzpostable.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
One Just Ducky
Gift Guru

luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!
luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!luvwebkinz has rep to infinity and beyond!

Donation Award 
Default Re: non-kinzpostable items

Items from the estore cannot be sent by kinzpost = If you want it, you must buy it.
Ganz makes more $. They probably can't be sold back to the estore because they don't want to have to put all those items into the w-shop resale system. At least that would be my guess.

I believe that the daily kinz-care prizes cannot be sent by kinzpost because Ganz wants people to log into their accounts every day, so, the prizes are an incentive. If they could be sent by kinzpost it would thwart that effort because people would be trading or sending the prizes as gifts. However, kinz-care prizes can be sold back to the w-shop.

All of this is just my opinion but it's what seems logical to me.

Click the image to open in full size.
Bunny Clown value is up!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

I believe that Ganz made so many items un-kinzpostable in an effort to curb illegal duplication of items.

Just another example of how a few bad apples ruin the fun for the rest of us.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #4

chicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuffchicken little is sweet stuff

Webberlilly,

What is item duplication, never mind. Do you mean to tell me that on a child and family oriented web site, there is something like illigal duplication of items?

Well, anyway, none of my accounts will ever have a full set of the Red Riding Hood costume. Seems kinda silly to put restictions on all of us.

Thanks anyway.

chicken little
Old 05-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

The red riding hood costume from the wheel of wow isn't kinzpostable (apart from the dress) because it is an estore item. The dress is kinzpostable because it isn't the same one that is included in the estore costume set.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by chicken little
Webberlilly,

Thanks anyway.

chicken little
You are correct. Incredible as it may seem, in Webkinz World some items were being duplicated by dishonest WW members, for profit (not here; on various other internet places including eBay).

Ganz has made a lot of their more valuable items non-kinzpostable since this happened, and this includes most eStore items, as pointed out by the other posters.

The reason that the eStore items are non-kinzpostable, is to reduce the incentive to duplicate them, since they are purchased and worth more. The Little Red Riding Hood outfit was originally a prize given to owners of the eStore pet Dire Wolf, and can be purchased at the eStore. All those pieces are non-kinzpostable. It was thoughtful of Ganz to include a different dress for the recent click event, since the dress is the main part of the costume.

As in your case, yes it's a shame that the innocent many get to be punished because of the actions of a dishonest few.

Webberlily is offline Female
Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
Gift Guru

Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!
Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily

I do understand the issue but I wish ganz would make all the items that can't be kinzposted able to be sold to the wshop. I have now bought a new room and set it up as an attic and then had to buy some storage units to keep all the things I don't want but can't sell or trade. It does get annoying not to be able to get rid of them. Since we can sell kinzcare awards but not trade them we know the programming is already available so it could be applied to other things as well.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Lioness
I do understand the issue but I wish ganz would make all the items that can't be kinzposted able to be sold to the wshop. I have now bought a new room and set it up as an attic and then had to buy some storage units to keep all the things I don't want but can't sell or trade. It does get annoying not to be able to get rid of them. Since we can sell kinzcare awards but not trade them we know the programming is already available so it could be applied to other things as well.
The reason why they don't do this is so that you don't accidentally sell any items that you purchased with real money from the estore. (Or so that your child doesn't if it's a shared account).
Old 05-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
Gift Guru

Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!
Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!

View Post Originally Posted by NedOwl
The reason why they don't do this is so that you don't accidentally sell any items that you purchased with real money from the estore. (Or so that your child doesn't if it's a shared account).
A number of items purchased from the estore for real money can be traded and sold. As an example, the pink bubble machine from the Cotton Candy Sheep estore pet can be sold for 450 KC. Ganz picks and chooses which items they allow you to trade/sell and if it was to prevent accidental sales then everything would be blocked.

In addition you can also sell the PSI from pets purchased for real money in stores and ganz does nothing to prevent that so it would not seem they are worried about protecting the accidental sale of items.

Last edited by Lioness; 05-14-2011 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: clarifying post
Old 05-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #10

Thanks for all the input. I guess I am still amazed that someone would do such things that can be called illegal on a child oriented website.

There isn't much I can't learn to live with. Especially on such a fun oriented web site as WW.

Thanks again.

chicken little
Closed