Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 12:10 AM   #1
confusedmom

Default Unanswered: No big problem but,

If anyone has any feedback on this, I would be most greatful.

So would my little one.

Okay, for a few weeks, the pets roam around and you cant control them.

I did not panic at all, because I have figured out that I get problems every time there is a new thing on WW.

But, its still happening, and I refuse to call up Ganz or email them when they really only give form replies and they will tell you things like change your password when say, you have an item stuck.

I replied: Hey, if they come into my account and dont steal anything, but somehow decide to "stick" items in my pet's rooms, that will be the day!

They never replied to that sarcastic, but very truthful correspondence.

I refuse to reply to anyone who will give me the standard, log off and clear your cache, log on, change browser type of answer. Sorry, but that is not going to work with me.

I want someone who actually knows how or why this is happening and how to really fix it.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #2
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: No big problem but,

View Post Originally Posted by confusedmom
If anyone has any feedback on this, I would be most greatful.

So would my little one.

Okay, for a few weeks, the pets roam around and you cant control them.

I did not panic at all, because I have figured out that I get problems every time there is a new thing on WW.

But, its still happening, and I refuse to call up Ganz or email them when they really only give form replies and they will tell you things like change your password when say, you have an item stuck.

I replied: Hey, if they come into my account and dont steal anything, but somehow decide to "stick" items in my pet's rooms, that will be the day!

They never replied to that sarcastic, but very truthful correspondence.

I refuse to reply to anyone who will give me the standard, log off and clear your cache, log on, change browser type of answer. Sorry, but that is not going to work with me.

I want someone who actually knows how or why this is happening and how to really fix it.

Thank you in advance.
Wow...I was actually going to tell you to clear your cache...but....
clearly that's the wrong answer!

I'd love to help, but I'm not sure I understand your problem: Your pets roam around the room without your controlling them?? Is that right?

I've never had that happen before.....I've them stuck a few times, and I've also put them to bed, and later found them standing in the doorway of their room, but they've never wandered through their rooms without the click of my mouse........

Are you able to move them from room to room?
Feed them? Make them sit somewhere?

Unless someone offers a great suggestion, you may ultimately have to call GANZ. If you don't have the number, here it is:
1-866-932-5469.

luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 06-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #3
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

That's weird! I don't know what to do, but good luck, try luvwebbies's solution
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 06-06-2008, 12:25 AM   #4

Blinky is on a distinguished road

That is really strange! My dragon was stuck in my garden right on top of a melon and it messed up my account for about a week but I sent ganz an email and they sent me one back asking for my phone number and then they called me the very next day and left a message. It fixed itself before I called them back but I have found that if you are really nice on the phone even if you feel angrey, they really try to help and so far they have fixed everyhting that has gone wrong with our accounts, it just might take some patience. I know this is hard to do when the little ones are upset but I swear it works. Hope you get things worked out
Old 06-06-2008, 12:34 AM   #5
confusedmom

I can feed them, and move them to other rooms with some work. But, they roam around anywhere they like, and with no directive from me whatsoever.
Its been troublesome, as sometimes 2 of them will be stuck together in a doorway.
It freaks my child out.

I really don't like the idea of calling Ganz, when they dont even bother to read their complaint reports in detail, and send hokey one size fits all stuff to me all the time.

But, I do appreciate the reply, and of all posters who reply.

Thank you all, I hope this never happens to you.

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
Wow...I was actually going to tell you to clear your cache...but....
clearly that's the wrong answer!

I'd love to help, but I'm not sure I understand your problem: Your pets roam around the room without your controlling them?? Is that right?

I've never had that happen before.....I've them stuck a few times, and I've also put them to bed, and later found them standing in the doorway of their room, but they've never wandered through their rooms without the click of my mouse........

Are you able to move them from room to room?
Feed them? Make them sit somewhere?

Unless someone offers a great suggestion, you may ultimately have to call GANZ. If you don't have the number, here it is:
1-866-932-5469.
---------- confusedmom added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Blinky
That is really strange! My dragon was stuck in my garden right on top of a melon and it messed up my account for about a week but I sent ganz an email and they sent me one back asking for my phone number and then they called me the very next day and left a message. It fixed itself before I called them back but I have found that if you are really nice on the phone even if you feel angrey, they really try to help and so far they have fixed everyhting that has gone wrong with our accounts, it just might take some patience. I know this is hard to do when the little ones are upset but I swear it works. Hope you get things worked out
I hope it will go away, but you are right, I should not be so against calling them, as I felt when posting. I am a very civil person, and I dont think the person on their end will be offended by my call, but I agree- its always best to be very nice.

Even when all is good!

I am going to see how they are right now, But I have no idea if its bad to go after midnight.

---------- confusedmom added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by vanvan20
That's weird! I don't know what to do, but good luck, try luvwebbies's solution
Thank you!

I will. I needed encouragement I guess. I am not upset, its just that the child is freaking out and won't play with them when they do this (which is 80 percent of the time!)

Last edited by confusedmom; 06-06-2008 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-06-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

[quote=confusedmom;8023038]I can feed them, and move them to other rooms with some work. But, they roam around anywhere they like, and with no directive from me whatsoever. That is so bizarre....It's the first time I have ever heard of this problem.
Its been troublesome, as sometimes 2 of them will be stuck together in a doorway.
It freaks my child out.

I really don't like the idea of calling Ganz, when they dont even bother to read their complaint reports in detail, and send hokey one size fits all stuff to me all the time. Well....certainly you need do what's best for you, but the few times I've had to call them, they were actually very helpful, and very customer service oriented.
I don't use their e-mail system, either, because you're right, it's not effective. But a phone call has always worked for me.

I'm really sorry I couldn't help you with this problem; good luck!!!

---------- luvwebbies added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later ----------

[quote=confusedmom;8023038]
I am going to see how they are right now, But I have no idea if its bad to go after midnight.

Feel free to visit your webbies after midnight---no problem with that at all; I spend most of my time with my own webbies in the wee hours of the night. They love it!

(Bear in mind, the site will go down for maintenance at 2 a.m. and return again at 4 a.m.)

Last edited by luvwebbies; 06-06-2008 at 12:38 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 06-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #7
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

I know you don't want to call, but if this situation does not resolve itself soon..you might want to reconsider. I have never heard of such a thing ever...I have called and always gotten situations resolved in a timely manner.
Tula is offline Female
Old 06-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #8
confusedmom

Okay, Thank you for your support here. Just posting to update. I left a message with Ganz, should I keep calling until I get someone live? Or will they be upset I was not patient to wait for someone to call me back?
2 of my pets were roaming in the backyard I use for just fun for them. They are right now stuck together. This time my child laughed and said "aww, how cute they are hugging each other!" LOL
Another one wants to run around in circles in the storage/closet room full of dressers.
The rest are okay, but refuse to stay in bed and pop out of it as soon as I put them in.

I am going to try playing with them on a friend's computer to see if its the same way from that.

THANKS for the tip about being able to play with them after midnight! (and thanks for giving me the maint. times, that really HELPS me to budget my time better when I am up all hours lol.

I love learning from you all, its very helpful to me as a newer webkinz owner.

Have fun today with your adorable lovable pets! I know I will.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #9
gylphling
Gifted

Gylphling is just really niceGylphling is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by confusedmom
I can feed them, and move them to other rooms with some work. But, they roam around anywhere they like, and with no directive from me whatsoever.
It freaks my child out.

I will. I needed encouragement I guess. I am not upset, its just that the child is freaking out and won't play with them when they do this (which is 80 percent of the time!)
Seriously, this is the strangest glitch I have EVER heard of with WW! I can understand why your child would be freaked out and not want to play it like this. I'm a grownup and the webkinz world posing plants still creep me out a little. LOL!
I haven't been on the forum all that long, but I haven't come across mention of anyone having a problem remotely like this. Very, very strange. I really hope you are able to resolve this so that you and your child can enjoy WW again! Please keep us posted.
Gylphling is offline Female
Old 06-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #10
Beatlesfan772
Gifted

Beatlesfan772 is on a distinguished road

WoW! This is the strangest WW glitch I have ever heard of. You have like, zombie webkinz or something.
Beatlesfan772 is offline Female
Closed