Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

arwynbug is an unknown quantity at this point

Question Unanswered: Nightly Ganz Maintenance?

I'm nocturnal. So I usually do my Webkinz stuff in the dead of night. However, For the last week or so, like clockwork, Webkinz shuts down at 2am EST, sometimes until 3am, sometimes until 5am. Is this going to go on indefinitely? Does it happen in every time zone? Any clue what they are doing?

arwynbug is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2008, 01:55 AM   #2
biggermomma

biggermomma is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: Nightly Ganz Maintenance?

Maintenance occurs every night ... as far as my experience goes (since Fall 2007) it has occurred at the time you stated (1 a.m. CST - my zone - or 2 a.m. EST). Duration varies from one hour to two or three - again in my experience. This has been the norm.

Tonight (aka early morn July 15) it shut down right at 2 a.m. EST. Sometimes it will go five minutes beyond there, but my experience has been WW shuts down (with rare exceptions) approx. the same time every night.

What has been your experience/expectation? It would be great if WW were open round-the-clock. When WW closes is when I head to WI!

Last edited by biggermomma; 07-15-2008 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: correction
biggermomma is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #3

diamond0203 is a jewel in the roughdiamond0203 is a jewel in the rough

I'm in Eastern Time Zone. They are down like clock work at 2:00a.m. and usually back up around 3:30a.m.
Sometimes a bit longer.
diamond0203 is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 02:04 AM   #4
dusangpyong
Gift Guru

dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!

That is why I have two WW accounts. I have an Asian account that is up during the US maintenance.

Last edited by dusangpyong; 07-15-2008 at 02:23 AM..
dusangpyong is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 02:16 AM   #5

amandalp24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats what I do, come here when ww is down. Can we have an Asian account here and if so how do you get it?
amandalp24 is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 AM   #6
To the invisible (:

In The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to behold

Same thing to me...I contacted ganz about my problem and no luck..I always am up late at night or early early in the morning..But getting a diffirent time zone account is a great idea, but I love the one account I have and could not think about starting over
In The Sun is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 06:49 AM   #7
legalcat

In order to have an account in the asian time zone you need to open up a brand new account and choose Japan as your location when you are signing up...

If you are nocturnal an account in either the asian or european time zone would be perfect for you.... the maintenance on the asian account is at 10 am regular Kinz time (when it is 2 am on the asian account)
Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #8
mitchem0829
Gifted

mitchem0829 is on a distinguished road

Anytime I have tried to get on starting at 2am, it is closed for maintenance. I am pretty sure this occurs every day at this time.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #9

arwynbug is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW. Thanks to everyone for their responses! I am definitely going to set up an Asian account for myself. Is everything still in English? I can actually see multiple benefits to having dual accounts - as Asian accounts and US accounts often get different rare items or have their rare items at a different time, I'd be able to gift things to myself - one account to the other.

<rubs hands together gleefully>

Oh this could be fun.
arwynbug is offline Female
Old 07-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #10
dusangpyong
Gift Guru

dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!dusangpyong is not just visiting!

Yes, everything is still in English with the Asian account, so no worries there. I used a trading card freebie pet to start my Asian account and have really enjoyed it. Different rares, extra gift packages, and playing during US maintenance are the main benefits for me.
dusangpyong is offline Female
Closed