Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   NEW TRADING SCAM?????????????????? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/new-trading-scam-539429/)

Aqua3008-02-2009 07:02 PM

NEW TRADING SCAM??????????????????

Hi everyone! I was in the kinz plus trading room, and everyone was asking, and talking about a "retired" magic stump from Charm forest! People were asking wacky jeans for it, and red lavas!
I asked to see one, so i was invited to trade with an emerald lab, who said they were on webkinzinsider (never gave name though).
When they put it up, I realized it was deer food! I continued to play along with her though.
I took a screen shot too ( i can't find it, I think I deleted it , I'll work on finding it though), although she had put up other stuff, which she said she had gotton from people who traded for the "stump" (wacky jeans, and black and white cat hat).Also, the first 3 letters of her user was something like "Viv"...... there were so many people there though I guess it doesn't even matter.

Sorry everyone, but I can't find the picture....

It hurts to know that SOME people on WI aren't really the good people we think they are....... and that anyone would do something like that! :-\

Just posted this thread again in the "Clubhouse" posting area...... that way people who go over there mostly (because they go in the clubhouse ALOT...... hint.. hint) can see it and know what is going on.

Please do not use RED ink
reserved for staff use.
Webberlily

gripperluverxxoo08-02-2009 07:03 PM

Re: NEW TRADING SCAM??????????????????

Thanks for telling us, i'll be sure to look out (:

Aqua3008-02-2009 07:05 PM

no problem!

cookiecrumbles08-02-2009 07:20 PM

That drives me nuts when people rip off others. It makes it less fun for everyone who trades with them. Thanks for warning us about this.

puppylove10108-02-2009 07:22 PM

You were right to tell people about it! You are very right how mean it is when people go so far to scam others. I'm glad you knew what it was, so they didn't trick you. I hope you have a better experience in the trading room next time. :)
-Puppy

xoxoilyalyssa08-02-2009 07:46 PM

good thing you told us! Its a deer PSF- nothing special. alothough the deer is retired ;)
It does hurt to know someone on WI did it. They should know better.
-Claire :]

Aqua3008-02-2009 07:54 PM

Thanks everyone, if you see any of this happening please tell me...... I might have seen them before....... :(

californiax2408-02-2009 07:57 PM

Ahh, thats awful! But, keep in mind, that it may not have been a real WI member...just someone trying to get your full trust in them before scamming you :thumbup:

SavannahSueDay08-02-2009 08:02 PM

I know! People in the Kinz chat Plus trading room always are mean to me, sadly.

HawaiianBreeze08-02-2009 08:05 PM

I have been ripped off before too! One time someone put up a snow bagel (don't know where it was from) and said it was a ice skating ring. I gave them a exclusive which was not too bad but that is still not very nice! I wonder who that was on Webkinz Insider??