Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 02:15 AM   #31
Webkinz :)

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

Default Re: New laptop viewing webkinz help

I was having a similar problem when we got a new computer, but it ran with Windows Vista. I asked the same question, and this answer is what helped me. I was never able to get WW to cover the screen completely, but I did get it to be reasonable workable.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SCREEN RESOLUTION IN WINDOWS VISTA

FYI: Change your screen resolution to determine how much information fits on your screen. Changing the resolution either shrinks windows to pack more of them on-screen or it enlarges everything.

To find your most comfortable resolution — follow these steps:

Choose Control Panel from the Start menu and choose the Appearance and Personalization category.
The Appearance and Personalization area lists the main ways you can change Vista's appearance.

In the Personalization area, choose Adjust Screen Resolution.
Look for the Display Settings dialog box.

Change the number of colors your m onitor displays, if desired.
Vista lets you select several settings from the Colors drop-down menu.

To change the screen resolution, use your mouse to drag the little bar in the Resolution area.
Watch the little preview screen change as you move the mouse. The more you slide the bar to the right, the larger your monitor grows. Unfortunately, the more information Vista can pack onto your monitor, the smaller that information appears.

View your changes by clicking the Apply button.
When Windows Vista switches to a new resolution, it gives you 15 seconds to click a button approving the change. If the new resolution leaves your monitor blacked out, you won’t see the on-screen button. After a few seconds, Windows notices that you didn’t click the approval button and reverts to your original resolution.

Click OK when you’re done tweaking the display.
Your new screen resolution takes effect.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #32
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

OK after messing with every setting of the screen resolution the only one that changes it at all is 800x600. And it did make webkinz larger where I can actuallly see it well. The only problem with this is it made the web page a small box and most everything is missing. It also made my desktop a small box in the middle along with all other web pages. Any tips on this? Or am I stuck with either a tiny webkinz screen or normal sized but small? I never thought getting a new laptop would cause so many problems lol. I was so excited I was going to play webkinz on something fast and not that old lagging dinisoar I was using.
ilovecats711 is offline Female
Old 01-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #33
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

Sorry you haven't been able to get the screen set for all types of viewing. I'm still hoping that someone will be able to help you out, but hopefully as you learn more about your new laptop you will have more luck!
kayembee is offline Female
Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #34
PeaceLoveCows
Webkinz :)

SpottedMooCow is on a distinguished road

Ohhh ya I had that problem before, just gotta adjust the screen size somehow I think... I played Webkinz on a friend's dad's laptop it did the same thing, IDK if you can fix it!
SpottedMooCow is offline Female
Old 01-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #35
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

I have searched every possible place on the net and can't find anything. I can't be the only one out there with this problem. I don't think ganz could help me if I called them. I don't know if this is an issue for dell either. I'm not sure what place to contact for this issue. I tried to get on dell live tech help tonight but that didn't work out. It asked me to put in my service tag number and I did but it said my computer wasn't bought in the us. I just got this a couple days ago at best buy and I defenitly live in the us lol. Guess I found another issue. Where are you computer genius fairy to help me fix this?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #36
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

Just checking to see if you had any luck yet.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #37
ilovecats711
Gifted

No luck yet. And now I can't see the leafs in my dock no matter how many times I clean my cache, restart my pc, or log in and out of ww. Now it's serious... I'm contacting the geek squad now.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #38
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

Donation Award 

I hope by now you have at least been able to get the missing leaves taken care of

Any luck with the screen size yet? I find that I am having a problem with my new keyboard. The keys are in much different places than our 3 other laptops. I keep hitting the wrong keys, and multiple screens pop up & I have no clue which keys are causing that

Last week I somehow resized my WW screen and everything was off center to the left. I just figured out this morning (by accident) how to get it back to being centered. I alternated between holding down Ctrl and the - & + keys and it centered the screen back to the normal viewing. Not sure if this will help you at all, but it's one more thing to try.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #39
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
I hope by now you have at least been able to get the missing leaves taken care of

Any luck with the screen size yet? I find that I am having a problem with my new keyboard. The keys are in much different places than our 3 other laptops. I keep hitting the wrong keys, and multiple screens pop up & I have no clue which keys are causing that

Last week I somehow resized my WW screen and everything was off center to the left. I just figured out this morning (by accident) how to get it back to being centered. I alternated between holding down Ctrl and the - & + keys and it centered the screen back to the normal viewing. Not sure if this will help you at all, but it's one more thing to try.
I believe this could be the answer to your problem, but good luck!
AsH xO is offline Female
Closed