Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   Somebody Help! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/)
-   -   new acct set up/time zone question (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/somebody-help-165/new-acct-set-up-time-zone-527490/)

AuntSissy07-06-2009 06:13 PM

new acct set up/time zone question

I live in CA and am on vacation on the east coast (3 hours time difference). I purchased my first webkins here in Michigan. I'm trying to open a new account but it's not letting choose a west coast time zone. Does anyone know how to fix this?? Thanx

LabradorLuverZ07-06-2009 06:24 PM

Re: new acct set up/time zone question

Well, you could try searching through all the countries Ganz will let you choose from when you create your account. I just created a new asian account today, even though I live in the US. I hope I helped you out a bit! :)

Oh, and congrats on your first webkinz! ;)

- LabbyZ =)

Collie Lover07-06-2009 06:38 PM

Hi, if I remember correctly when you chose your country you can't actually pick a certain time zone like central, mountain, etc. I am in the US mid west time zone and Kinz time is 1 hour ahead of me.

Congrats on your first Webkinz adoption! It is very addicting.

Cloud One07-06-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collie Lover (Post 15347484)
Hi, if I remember correctly when you chose your country you can't actually pick a certain time zone like central, mountain, etc. I am in the US mid west time zone and Kinz time is 1 hour ahead of me.

Congrats on your first Webkinz adoption! It is very addicting.

I agree with Collie Lover. I don't think there's a "West Coast" option. Just a USA one (or another country.) When you're in Webkinz World, you'll see a clock in the lower left corner of your screen showing what the current "kinz time" is. That's the time the activities and schedule will be matched to. Kinztime for the USA is EST.

So if you're in California (for example), and it's 5pm there, your clock in Webkinz World will say 8pm kt (kinz time) and the activities will be according to that schedule.

Now... if you want to select a European or Asian account... ;) you can do that too! Even if you live in the USA. Those *will* be in a different time zone. Those are useful to have if you're usually home during the morning and early afternoon, or usually only up after midnight. If you go to school, then a USA account is best. You'll miss all the activities if you're a student in the USA and have a non-usa account.

I believe that European kt (kinztime) is five hours ahead of EST, (so 8 hours ahead of the West Coast) and Asian Accounts vary but I think they're around 14 hours ahead of EST (so 17 hours ahead of the West Coast.)

Good luck with your new account!

marnabear07-06-2009 10:34 PM

I live in the west coast and I can tell you for certain that there is no way to choose anything but eastern time. This works fine for me in the winter time but it's harder when school's out and the activities start at what is 6AM for me.

pokemon207-06-2009 10:38 PM

yeah, you can try to find a country that has the same time zone as you. . . .or just live with the kinztime errors

marnabear07-07-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokemon2 (Post 15352220)
yeah, you can try to find a country that has the same time zone as you. . . .or just live with the kinztime errors

Not a very helpful answer since there is no other country that is in the same time zone as California, and I'm not sure what you mean by kinztime errors.

webkinzlover21807-07-2009 01:11 AM

I live in CA too. Anyways, you can't really pick a time zone. The Eastern time zone is three hours after the Pacific Time Zone and the Central Time Zone is two hours after pacific and 1 hour before Eastern. =)

Ritzcracker07-07-2009 01:14 AM

It's annoying for us west-coasters, but unfortunately there is no west coast time zone. So you just have to put up with daily activities starting at 6 am, and ending by 8 pm, and maintenance starting at 11 pm. Most of the stuff you can still work around. Have fun with your new account.