Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
cbbjmom
Webkinz :)

bennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant future

Question Unanswered: netbooks

Our DD is having a big birthday coming up and she wants a netbook. My question is will she be able to play webkinz on it without a lot of hassle? She has a laptop through the school(belongs to the school ) and she isn't allowed access to WW on it. I really don't want to buy a big laptop and was thinking of going through Verizon and getting a netbook set up with their service .
Any help would be appreciative. I've heard that WW dosent work on netbooks?
Thank you! Bennysmommy1
bennysmommy1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: netbooks

Hmm.. well I'm not exactly sure what a netbook is but I'm sure if you were to use it at home it would work fine. I know I have the same problem at my school where WW and WI are blocked because they are in a sense 'social-networking sites' and they don't want us using them. I would just try talking to verizion about it though, I'm sure they will be able to tell you about what websites you will be able to access at home. Although, you should be able to access any website, because I know I can access some of the websites I cannot use at school at home instead.

- Midnights Bliss
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 10-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
cbbjmom

bennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant futurebennysmommy1 has a brilliant future

I've heard that a netbook dosent have the same resolution so the bottom half of WW is cut off(pets HHH and storage). I know WW can be accessed what I'm wondering is whether anyone here has a netbook and can the whole screen be seen?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

I have a a small laptop, not a netbook, but pretty close. I use Google Chrome, because on IE8, it doesn't work. Does she play webkinz by going on "webkinz.com" and then clicking on "log in" or does she use the direct link?

p.s. what does DD stand for?

View Post Originally Posted by Midnights Bliss
Hmm.. well I'm not exactly sure what a netbook is but I'm sure if you were to use it at home it would work fine. I know I have the same problem at my school where WW and WI are blocked because they are in a sense 'social-networking sites' and they don't want us using them. I would just try talking to verizion about it though, I'm sure they will be able to tell you about what websites you will be able to access at home. Although, you should be able to access any website, because I know I can access some of the websites I cannot use at school at home instead.

- Midnights Bliss
A netbook is a smaller computer laptop.
Galfam is offline Male
Old 10-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #5

Aldean is just really niceAldean is just really nice

My DD has a laptop and she can go on WW. She has an ACER. I think we got it at office depot, Staples, or Bestbuy. You might consider this one. It was almost 300-500 dollars. It really depends were you get it. This laptop is neat because it can run 2 hours without the power cord. It's kind of nice. Just stay away from laptops at Walmart.

Hope I helped,
Aldean

View Post Originally Posted by galfam
I have a a small laptop, not a netbook, but pretty close. I use Google Chrome, because on IE8, it doesn't work. Does she play webkinz by going on "webkinz.com" and then clicking on "log in" or does she use the direct link?

p.s. what does DD stand for?

A netbook is a smaller computer laptop.
DD stands for "Darling Daughter"
Aldean is offline Female
Old 10-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
Addicted to

pjsangel71 has a spectacular aura aboutpjsangel71 has a spectacular aura about

i'm a computer teacher and netbooks are not what i would ever advise someone to get if they want something that will run heavy graphics/video/audio sites. they just don't have enough power to run them smoothly. they screen is also very small and you can't see the great details of ww. here is a great article i recently read on comparing them Netbooks vs. Laptops: Which Portable Computer is the Right Choice | Suite101.com here is another Netbooks vs notebooks: which should you buy? | News | TechRadar UK
pjsangel71 is offline Female
Old 10-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
cbbjmom

Thanks for all the advice everyone. She logs in by using the login on the main page. I've heard of acer before but don't know much about them. I'm definetly stearing clear of Wally world for this one! I'm going to read the two articles that were posted also.thanks for all the advice. We were thinking netbook because it was small and had the service with it.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #8

elpgal is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a netbook, and playing webkinz is a hassle. your dock is almost completely cut off, But you don't have to buy a big laptop. Just plug in a monitor, and it works great. or, make sure the zoom is 100%, maximize the screen, and for a little while, clicking on the little dark green bar on the left side of the screen and use the arrow keys. hope this helped!
elpgal is offline Female
Old 10-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #9
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by Aldean
My DD has a laptop and she can go on WW. She has an ACER. I think we got it at office depot, Staples, or Bestbuy. You might consider this one. It was almost 300-500 dollars. It really depends were you get it. This laptop is neat because it can run 2 hours without the power cord. It's kind of nice. Just stay away from laptops at Walmart.

Hope I helped,
Aldean

DD stands for "Darling Daughter"
I completely agree with Aldean - these laptops would work the best. Good luck finding one!!
AsH xO is offline Female
Closed