Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

gem-peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Question Answered: Netbook - Wallyweb?

I use a netbook when I'm out and about and was disappointed I couldn't get webkinz on it because of the screen size.

A friend did some research and found this site - www.wallysweb.com/webkinz it has special scroll bars so you can indeed use webkinz on the netbook.

I'm just really nervous this is a password stealing site. Like you enter your info then they have your password.

Has anyone else used it?
gem-peas is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by Dixiecup
No, visiting the site won't do it, but activating the log in might.
I have no real way to tell whether that is the intention of this link, but I know that if it is NOT from Ganz it is NOT a secure login. I would say don't take that chance, You may not see ANYTHING happen...till much later. Don't take that chance.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Netbook - Wallyweb?

No, sorry, I don't have a netbook, so I've never had to use that...

Can't you go to "Control Panel" and under "Appearance and Personalization", I think you can make your screen's resolution smaller.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

No Dotdotduck. some of the netbooks don't allow that because they are equipped with Linux OS instead of Windows OS. The only way to do it is to get a copy of XP (REAL) and download it onto a memory stick and THEN transport it to the netbook. Then you can do all of that, BUT, I am going to give this site a look-see and find out if it is safe, ok? This might be the answer we are looking for for our netbook/Webkinz compatibility issue.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
No Dotdotduck. some of the netbooks don't allow that because they are equipped with Linux OS instead of Windows OS. The only way to do it is to get a copy of XP (REAL) and download it onto a memory stick and THEN transport it to the netbook. Then you can do all of that, BUT, I am going to give this site a look-see and find out if it is safe, ok? This might be the answer we are looking for for our netbook/Webkinz compatibility issue.
Oh, okay. Thanks Dixie. (I can always learn something new from you. )
Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #5
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Says the page is not found and I am still trying to find it.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #6

Sorry here is the full web address;

http://www.wallysweb.com/webkinz.html
Old 08-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #7

I should also say I took a risk and logged in last night and all my stuff is still there today.

Think I may change my password though until we find out if this is safe.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

No, it is a DIRECT link and you risk having a Keystroke logger attached to it.
I would say, clear your cache, do an Anti-virus scan, and get rid of any old links using the Delete ALL files and add-ons.
This could be bad,
What a keystroke logger does is it measures the keystrokes and sends it back to the 'author.'
It won't just take your Webkinz Info, but other information as well.
No this is NOT a safe place to go.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #9
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

While all of your stuff may be there today, that may not be what the Keylogger wants.
He may be looking for ways to get information from your laptop (like email addresses, personal information, Credit Card info or bank account info) once this information is sent back, they can in turn charge on your Credit card, remove funds from your account OR just plain steal your identity. Pretty high price to pay for playing a lil ol' game, huh?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #10

Yikes! Thanks. I'm not even sure how to do all of that. If I run anti virus and delete all the cookies and everything will it be okay?
Closed