Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
furbyamy
Webkinz :)

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Unanswered: Need help with some things

Hi Everyone,
How is everyone doing? I am having so many problems with certain functions in my account not working properly anymore due to hacking that has messed it up, and I don't know what all to do or where to even go in the computer to fix the problems the hacker has messed up. Since I am not a repairman, I don't understand all where I need to go to correct the problems, and since the repairmen we hire don't even use Webkinz, they can't help me at all.
Anyways, here are some questions I have.
1. Where exactly do I need to go in my account to change the email address we gave to Webkinz when we registered for the account. For example, if I need to give them a different email address than the one I used when I first registered for my account, where exactly would I click/go to do this? I can't seem to find it and just keep going around in circles looking for this.
I keep having to change this kind of information for several sites I use because of all my email accounts keep getting hacked. They change the password I need to get into the account and all the other information is changed too so then when I try and reset my password, I can't because all the information needed is no longer that anymore. So, then I have to get a whole new email address and then give that to all the sites I use.
2. Where exactly in our computer are our files and stuff for our accounts stored? If anywhere? I keep getting some weird errors saying like missing a required file. Maybe the hacker erased something. I don't know. Or the repairmen we keep hiring who don't know anything either.
3. Oh and another thing, I'm having problems with not receiving notifications either. Whenever someone sends me a Friends Request. I'm not receiving them anymore. Where do I go to fix that?

Thanks,
Amy
Amyloveswebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Harry S is a bunny!

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: Need help with some things

1. GANZ doesn't ask for an e-mail so don't worry about that
2. If you are trying to find all your files try My Computer , or if for Webkinz then GANZ probably has it stored somewhere.
3. Sorry don't know #3.

Some links by Webkinz: 1 2

Last edited by sarocks7; 03-22-2010 at 06:22 AM..
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
ill PM
Gift Guru

SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!SnoopysGirl is headed for the top!

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

I think you need to call Ganz to change your e-mail address. As far as where files are stored, I need to know if you have a Mac or a PC, and what files are you wanting to find. If you are looking for Webkinz information on your computer, the only information I could think of that would be pertaining to the Webkinz Website would be in your "cookies" that you get when you visit websites. You find that in your web browser tools. I have a Mac, so I can be most helpful with that. Let me know what you are looking for exactly.
SnoopysGirl is offline Female
Old 03-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #4

mizfit is just really nicemizfit is just really nice

Hi Amy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles. I will do what I can to help!

1. Your first item concerning your email address... According to the information I found, Webkinz doesn't ask for an email address when creating an account, so you don't need to worry about updating or changing that. Below is a screen-shot of the information and I have included the link where I found the information.

Webkinz Account Issues

Click the image to open in full size.

2. Concerning files and/or items stored on your computer relating to Webkinz... There are no files relating to your Webkinz account(s) stored on your computer. All the necessary files regarding your Webkinz account(s) are stored by Ganz on their servers. That is why you can access your Webkinz account(s) from any computer that has an internet connection (from home, a friend, the library, etc.) because you are accessing your account information from Ganz.

3. I am sorry, but I don't have any help for you on this issue. Maybe someone will chime in with some help for you on this one.

Last edited by mizfit; 03-05-2010 at 10:39 PM..
Old 03-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

Hi there!
It looks like several other nice members have given you the answer to your first two questions, so I will answer number 3:

Under User CP, scroll down to messaging and notification. Make sure the "Receive Friendship Request E-mail" box is checked and then save by clicking "Save Changes" at the bottom.

Good luck!
Kayfookey is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 03:13 AM   #6
e in DwarfWithdrawal

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

Kayfookey's answer is if you are talking about WI;
if you mean the one in WW, you would need to talk to Ganz.

Their # is 1-866-web-kinz m-f 9-5ET.

====
If you are talking about missing files because of getting a Required File Missing message
while in WW, don't fret. It is just a WW glitch; the warning pops up every now & then,
but you can just go on.
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
furbyamy

Amyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledgeAmyloveswebkinz flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thank you everyone.
After reading this, now I'm worried, maybe I gave my email address to some stranger or something. When I signed up, it asked me for my email address. So, now I'm wondering if this was some kind of a trick site that makes you think you are at the actual site and you aren't? We keep hearing these things like about other sites, like Ebay, stuff like that. They send you something that looks very close or something.
Which if that is the case, maybe this is why another thing I sometimes have happen too is I get logged out and then when I try and log back in, it says that someone with my name is already in there. I don't know what else it could be when it just shut down on me.
The last time I tried to get help from Ganz, they told us to do something that we have no idea how to do it either. Something about opening some port things. Said to check if they are open and if not to our ISP. Which don't know where to go or how to check these things. So, we tried to just contact our ISP since that is the other thing they said to do. But then when we tried to contact our ISP about this problem, they said they couldn't help us either.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

There is only one thing ganz would ask for your email for. That is when you ask to grant access to knz chat plus. This might be why they asked you for your email. Other than that they don't need it. They won't contact your email so no need to worry about it. If you ask a question by form to ganz they will ask you for your email there also but I think it doesn't matter what address you use. You only get an auto response from them anyway.

I have had the "user already exists" glitch when I try to use my phone sometimes. This usually happens when I log out while in the clubhouse or park. In about 15 minutes it always resets for me and I can get back in. To avoid this I always go back to the newspaper first before I log out. Sometimes my screen will get stuck loading a room and there isn't anything I can do but log out from there. So of course when I go back it says I'm already there. But like I said after few minutes it resets itself and I can get in.

The missing file thing is something I occasionally get also. Again it usually happens to me when I am in the clubhouse trading. There are a few glitches while trading. It happens at other times too. Like in my rooms in my ww house. I wouldn't worry, those are ganz glitches not your computer.

I also get randomly booted out of webkinz. If I click something sometimes I get the "sorry we cannot connect to webkinz world" error message. This again usually happens to me when I'm in the park or clubhouse or attempting to get into them. A lot of times things just don't load properly on the site and it causes all these annoying issues.

It doesn't sound to me like your getting hacked but just to be safe I would change my ww password again to something hard to figure out. Did you know you can use just numbers for a password. I think it's harder to figure out a random list of numbers then a word. Also with your new email address, I would only give it out to people and companies I know and trust.

I hope things get better for you soon!
ilovecats711 is offline Female
Old 03-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
furbyamy

View Post Originally Posted by ilovecats711
There is only one thing ganz would ask for your email for. That is when you ask to grant access to knz chat plus. This might be why they asked you for your email. Other than that they don't need it. They won't contact your email so no need to worry about it. If you ask a question by form to ganz they will ask you for your email there also but I think it doesn't matter what address you use. You only get an auto response from them anyway.
It doesn't sound to me like your getting hacked but just to be safe I would change my ww password again to something hard to figure out. Did you know you can use just numbers for a password. I think it's harder to figure out a random list of numbers then a word. Also with your new email address, I would only give it out to people and companies I know and trust.
I hope things get better for you soon!
Even on the forms when I fill them out, it tells me things are either wrong or invalid email address.
The reason we know we are being hacked is because yes, we have spyware, viruses, etc.. all over both mine and my mom's computer.
If we are not being hacked, then we do not understand what else would be causing all our accounts to be constantly messed up. This account I use here on Webkinz Insider Forum keeps getting all messed up several times it has happened since signing up. One day I go to login and my password is not the same anymore. The previous time it messed up, when I tried to reset my account, it was asking for stuff I did not know the answer to. It was asking me for something called a referrer id. I have no idea what that is. So, it would not let me continue on and reset my password.
Like I mentioned in my first post, we have had several repairmen over the years, who don't ever seem to be able to fix the problems the spyware and all caused, and then they cause knew problems to happen too that were not happening before they took the computer. Actually the account for this site here is actually one of the things that was working before the repairman took the computer. Then when he brings it back, the original problem we called them out for, which was being locked out of my whole computer completely, it happens again. There was a message on my computer screen one day that said 'This computer is locked' Then it listed a bunch of things said, either Amy, AMYR, or an administrator can unlock the computer. Then has a place to put a username and password. Which I have never had anything like that come up before in all the 7+ years I have had the computer for.
So, anyways, I kept trying to many things and could not get into my computer.
I also have recently got my credit card charged for something too.

Yes, all my passwords is a combination of letters and numbers. Not a word or anything. The other thing is that everytime I go anywhere on the internet, it tells me that I am not Encrypted and says everything will be seen. We don't know what to do about this either.
Anyways, someone at a computer forum was actually able to help us get rid of the locked out thing that was coming up. It had to do with some checkmark being in some area that said On Resume, password protect.
Don't know how that became checked or anything is the other thing.

Just the other day, like I said, I have now found out about another one of my emails being hacked. I can't get in anymore. Everything I keep doing to try and reset my password is not working.
That is the other big reason I would like to find out before something like this happens to my WW account. I don't know what to do if like the hacker has already changed it. I don't know what they changed it to or any of the other information about my account. So, when I give the information needed, it no longer matches. Is there somewhere in our computer that our login information is being stored though?
Another thing we keep noticing that could be causing some problems, but not sure, is some people tell us to clear things such as our Cookies, Cache, all that. It seems possibly doing those things is somehow messing up our accounts. Like if someone deletes the cookies and cache. Will that cause all my stuff in the accounts to go?
Then the other thing, we are wondering, is since we all are using the same computer, we don't understand how all this stuff works. Like I'm using my mom's at the moment, and if I try and go where people tell me to go on where Cookies are stored, It lists her name in front of the @
and then the website after the @. So, like it says webkinz.com after the @
But like I said, it has her name in front of the @. Which is not any of the names I use for my accounts.
Even for this site Webkinzinsider, instead of saying Amyloveswebkinz, it has my mom's name, and she does not even have an account on this site or on Webkinz.

We can't even shut down my mom's computer anymore due to a blue screen that comes up everytime she tries to.
Oh and this is another error we keep getting so many times too, especially when on WW-
"Adobe Flash Player 10
A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?
Yes or No"
What movie are they talking about is the thing we are wondering?
I guess one of the other things I'm wondering is, like whenever we add a new room to our accounts, where exactly is all this being stored so that it loads and stuff next time we login. Is the rooms somewhere in our computers or is it just on Ganz computer?
Or even on here, WebkinzInsider, like whenever we upload a picture to the albums we have, are the pictures now in WebkinzInsider computer?

Thanks,
Amy
Old 03-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
ilovecats711
Gifted

ilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond reputeilovecats711 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok first.....It sounds like you have a terrible repairman and I recommend calling the geek squad if you can afford it. They helped me. They are fast and very good at what they do. I wouldn't waste anymore money on that repair man. He/she seems to be making things worse and not fixing anything.

It also sounds like you haven't removed the spy ware from your computer. The geek squad can remove all of that. If you don't want them to come to your house you can go to their website. They will do something called "remote access" and have control over your computer and fix all the issues. There is live support there 24-7. If that is not an option for you, try to remove them yourself with anti virus programs but it sounds like you have some major issues with your computer!

I don't know of any information of yours ganz needs besides your original info (name, b-day,etc.) but to be sure you can call them tomorrow. None of your webkinz stuff or settings are saved on your computer.
Clearing your cache removes things you don't need. These are temporary internet files (bits of information and pictures that are stored on your computer to make loading web pages faster), password and form data ( your computer saves and remembers this so when you begin to type your password or other information you use frequently the rest of the information/word shows up for you and saves you time so you don't have to type the whole thing) all these things are basically for the same purpose, to make surfing the web faster for you. Deleting this will not delete any information on the sites you are using or change any account information in anyway. This is just for convenience and nothing else.

The adobe flash player... sometimes things just don't load right (especially on webkinz) this could be why it says it will run slow. A movie could be anything....when you see Arte or pj, anything with actions like that, it's like a little movie you are watching. There is so much in ww that requires adobe flash player thats why you have to have it installed to even access the site. You may want to check and see if there are any available updates you can install for it.

The part about your moms name before the web address... the only thing I can think of here is, since you share computers do you each have a log in windows name? Windows can be set up for different users and if you are signed into windows under your moms name programs and things would have her name on it. Just a guess here though.

The "on resume, password protect" means that when the computer is restarted, shut down, or comes out of hibernation mode you must put in a password/user-name. This is just something that can be used so not just anyone can pick up your computer and see what you were doing or what is on it.

The bottom line is... nothing is going to work no matter how many times you do it until all the spy ware/viruses are gone off your computer. You can change your passwords everyday but until you get rid of the source you will continue to have these problems. The fact that you can't even shut down your computer sounds like you have major problems or maybe some corrupt windows files. If you can't get this fixed I suggest not shopping or doing anything on-line that uses personal information. Your computer may be not worth saving at this point either. If the cost is more then around 400 bucks I would just get a new one. You can pick up a nice laptop for around that much that will have way better options then the older ones. And never surf the web unless you are running a good anti-virus program. Even WI has been having virus problems with the ads. I love and trust this site but even here things can happen out of their control.
ilovecats711 is offline Female
Closed