Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help!

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid
Webkinz :)

I_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to behold

Angry Answered: Need help!

I need help because I just tried washing my siggy golden retriever and she is all wet and I don't know how to get her dry! I know it might sound like I am really stupid but I just put her in the washing machine on delicate, cold water, and one rinse. I also meant to put fabric softener in but put in bleach instead, and it is taking a while to get her dry in the dryer. Please help! I am really worried!
I_love_Webkinz is offline Female
Best Answer - Posted by rockermom
Oh no.

First I would take her and put her into a towel and roll her up in it and press down really hard to get all of the water out that you can.

You may have to do this several times. with a couple of different towels.

Do not put her in the dryer. it can sometimes melt their fur or loosen eyes.

Once you get all of the water off you can with a towel I use a hair dryer on Low....using your fingers to fluff her fur. Kinda rubbing on it as your blow the warm air.

If you get tired let her sit in the sun but keep turning her so she dries evenly, but keep fluffing her. Then use the blow dryer again. The warm air will help "fluff' her fur.

Don't use Hot air or you will melt her fur.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

Default Re: Need help!

Um, air dry it? Use a blow dryer?
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Old 03-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid

I_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to beholdI_love_Webkinz is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, but I'm worried it's fur will dry all scraggly and I don't want that too happen. Will the bleach do anything?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
Jenna.....
Banned
WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!WebkinzFireFawn is not just visiting!

The bleach will probably make it white. . but i'm not sure.

Air dry it.
WebkinzFireFawn is offline Female
Old 03-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid

Hopefully not. I didn't use that much bleach. I'll try to air dry it and see what happens.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Oh no.

First I would take her and put her into a towel and roll her up in it and press down really hard to get all of the water out that you can.

You may have to do this several times. with a couple of different towels.

Do not put her in the dryer. it can sometimes melt their fur or loosen eyes.

Once you get all of the water off you can with a towel I use a hair dryer on Low....using your fingers to fluff her fur. Kinda rubbing on it as your blow the warm air.

If you get tired let her sit in the sun but keep turning her so she dries evenly, but keep fluffing her. Then use the blow dryer again. The warm air will help "fluff' her fur.

Don't use Hot air or you will melt her fur.

Good luck.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 03-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid

Thank you! I've just been turning her over and drying her with two separate towels, I'll probably just let her air dry after, and then I might blow dry her a little bit. I would maybe put her out in the sun, but it is very cloudy outside today. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know what happens after.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

I always throw my webbies in the wash and most go in the dryer. the type like the collie that have that hair like fur sit atop the dryer otherwise it messes the fur up. I think you would be fine with the dryer. I don't see any really different fur on it. (bleach might lighten her up some, just depends on how much you used)
Old 03-21-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid

I let her air dry for a little bit, and then blow dried her for a little bit after. She looks pretty good. The only problem I have is that on one of her ears, she has a part where there is no fur. I'm not sure how this happened... but does anyone have any suggestions on how to maybe fix it? Otherwise, she looks perfectly fine. It's just that the bare spot bugs me a little.

Here is a picture so you have an idea of what it looks like. Sorry if you can't see it that well.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #10

Ritzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable character
Ritzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable characterRitzcracker has an honorable character

Is the fur actually gone, or is it must matted down? If it is gone, there's probably not much you can do. If there is a seam right at that spot, sometimes the fur gets stitched down, and you can take a pin or needle, and gently pull it out from under the stitches. If it is matted, take a small brush of some sort (perhaps an old toothbrush, or an eyelash brush), and see if you can fluff it up.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Closed